Are we right in the head?

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 9 March 7:30PM
Venue:Bluetongue Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
bonstonker

Re: Are we right in the head?

Post by bonstonker » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 3:26 pm

it doesn't matter what you thought might happen if we had kicked the goal.
history would have been changed.
if we kick the goal we get the ball back.
manly would not have got the ball back and the game plays out like the first instance.
we could of coughed up the ball on the restart and manly score a try.

we have no idea what would have happened if we kicked the goal to go up 10-0.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 3:40 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:Not nessasary Yoss... 10 - 0 up and Lyon doesn't bother taking the 2 points before halftime. That's your 4 points difference?!
Correct good Sir Mentally the difference between chasing 8 and chasing 10 is very different

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 5:14 pm

bonstonker wrote:it doesn't matter what you thought might happen if we had kicked the goal.
manly would not have got the ball back and the game plays out like the first instance.

Is that aimed at me?
Last edited by Yossarian on Sat 10 Mar, 2012 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 5:17 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:Not nessasary Yoss... 10 - 0 up and Lyon doesn't bother taking the 2 points before halftime. That's your 4 points difference?!
Correct good Sir Mentally the difference between chasing 8 and chasing 10 is very different
You'd take a tap with no time left in the half with a minimal chance to score but pass up the almost certain chance to get your first points and go in 2-10?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 6:22 pm

Youve had the last say yoss.....LOL...let it go

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 6:25 pm

If every loss this year gets the same reaction as last night has then this forum is going to be an entertaining place this year

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 6:27 pm

Yossarian wrote:
bonstonker wrote:it doesn't matter what you thought might happen if we had kicked the goal.

Is that aimed at me?

does that make a difference?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 6:29 pm

Yossarian wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
You'd take a tap with no time left in the half with a minimal chance to score but pass up the almost certain chance to get your first points and go in 2-10?
Toovey's half time speech would of been far different if Manly were chasing 8 or 10 points Yoss instead of chasing 6 points

Tigers would of had a far different attitude if leading by 8 or 10

I have said it enough times but the Tigers have to change their mindset to become a serious contender when it comes to winning football games

It is almost like the Tigers would prefer to lose looking good than win looking ugly Many on here will probably disagree but we can't win the premiership playing 2005 football

Golden

Post by Golden » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 7:18 pm

Yossarian wrote:
1/4 chicken,chips wrote:Thats exactly what i was thinking at the time.10 nil ensures a two try advantage.So who makes the call ? The captain or the coach ? we lead 10 - 0 at the break and who knows .
Then we lose 20-22 not 18-22... Really don't think things would have changed if we were up 10-0 rather than 8-0. But if we scored and went up 14-0 it would have been a massive lead in the context of the game.
no we don't its called changing the complexion of the game (which the refs just did for the stupid faders when McCronwn took a dive tonight)

if we go 10-0 up we get the ball back after the kick off instead of not scoring and Manly getting it... it changes the entire game. our problem is we let points in before halftime almost every game and then get the jitters at halftime

Golden

Post by Golden » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 7:20 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Toovey's half time speech would of been far different if Manly were chasing 8 or 10 points Yoss instead of chasing 6 points

I have said it enough times but the Tigers have to change their mindset to become a serious contender when it comes to winning football games

It is almost like the Tigers would prefer to lose looking good than win looking ugly Many on here will probably disagree but we can't win the premiership playing 2005 football
Hindsight is a great thing isn't it??? if we go up 14-0 then it looks great... look at how we beat the dragons in the semis last year because they kicked penalty goals it helped us.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 8:01 pm

bonstonker wrote:
Yossarian wrote:

Is that aimed at me?

does that make a difference?
Does if you're suggesting I'm not entitled to an opinion...

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 8:09 pm

Golden wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
1/4 chicken,chips wrote:Thats exactly what i was thinking at the time.10 nil ensures a two try advantage.So who makes the call ? The captain or the coach ? we lead 10 - 0 at the break and who knows .
Then we lose 20-22 not 18-22... Really don't think things would have changed if we were up 10-0 rather than 8-0. But if we scored and went up 14-0 it would have been a massive lead in the context of the game.
no we don't its called changing the complexion of the game (which the refs just did for the stupid faders when McCronwn took a dive tonight)

if we go 10-0 up we get the ball back after the kick off instead of not scoring and Manly getting it... it changes the entire game. our problem is we let points in before halftime almost every game and then get the jitters at halftime
You don't know that. Humble could have dropped the kick off... anything could have happened. If we scored off that set nobody would have mentioned it. I really don't think the Manly penalty had a huge effect - the greater issue is these periods where we just clock off big time. Being 8 or 10 up wouldn't stop Humble dropping that kick or Utai the next set. We were a better side for about 3/4 of the game but let in 22 points in one poor quarter... We concede a try without getting a single tackle and then Utai spills the beans on the 2nd tackle next time. All I'm saying is I don't think the decision was such a game changer - our general attitude in that 20 minutes after the break did.

claws

Post by claws » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 8:11 pm

The decision to shoot for goal or run the ball is irrelevant. This did nothing to change the outcome of the game. Ellis' injury is what altered the outcome. It took too long for the defensive structure to adjust.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 9:11 pm

Yes c;aws your 100% right,,,
the tigers were not good enough once again....

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 9:24 pm

Golden wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Hindsight is a great thing isn't it??? if we go up 14-0 then it looks great... look at how we beat the dragons in the semis last year because they kicked penalty goals it helped us.[/quote]
Mate it wasn't hindsight I called it at the time when listening on the radio . I don't have a problem with us taking a quick tap but more often than not we take some ridiculous low percentage option late (or early) in the tackle count and then compound it with a stupid ruck infringement penalty and stick the opposition on the attack

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 9:52 pm

all this and who knows what would have happened......personally i would have went for the try...Anyway that penalty manly got before half time was a dodgy call.

Happy i see our point but whos making the low percentage plays...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 10:18 pm

tiger4ever wrote:all this and who knows what would have happened......personally i would have went for the try...Anyway that penalty manly got before half time was a dodgy call.

Happy i see our point but whos making the low percentage plays...
Farah's kick was never on especially so early in the count

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 10:26 pm

its farah and marshall that do it on a consistent basis...if the comp went by natural talent only...... we would win every game...it was farah who cost us last year with a silly play in the semi against warriors.