Losing our Idenity

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 9 March 7:30PM
Venue:Bluetongue Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
Balmain Bug

Re: Losing our Idenity

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 11:31 pm

Demonborger wrote:White jersey should be worn with black shorts every time.
I agree.

And the orange jersey should be worn with white shorts.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 9:36 am

tiger jim wrote:Can someone tell me why are we playing in that terrible white strip, i thought we are tigers where are our colours.Most other tiger teams are proud of there colours we are running round in white kit, other teams are not affaid of us any more, get a real tiger outfit show our colours and dump that white junk we look like milkmen,
I assume you previously supported Balmain so I hate to break this to you, but you have already lost your identity. It occurred late in 1999 when Balmain merged with Western Suburbs. Western Suburbs also gave up their identity.

The Beatles have also broken up.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 10:08 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
tiger jim wrote:Can someone tell me why are we playing in that terrible white strip, i thought we are tigers where are our colours.Most other tiger teams are proud of there colours we are running round in white kit, other teams are not affaid of us any more, get a real tiger outfit show our colours and dump that white junk we look like milkmen,
I assume you previously supported Balmain so I hate to break this to you, but you have already lost your identity. It occurred late in 1999 when Balmain merged with Western Suburbs. Western Suburbs also gave up their identity.

But they all still live on in our minds!
Personally don't like the all white without a stronger black and orange presence.
Plenty of other teams also run out in predominantly white strips ( St George , Broncos, Warriors , Roosters, Canberra , Bulldogs)- I prefer us to have a point of difference.
Imagine if evey supporter from those teams wore their white based jersey to a game - talk about bland.
The mainly black or mainly orange were ok with me and closer to BOTH Wests and Balmains past.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 10:11 am

Judging by what I see many wearing at games, its pretty obvious the Tiger Fans lack any fashion sence.

As long as the jumper has our colours and logo, I'm happy for the Club to decide!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 10:24 am

Again does it really matter ,Canberra played in a white jersey and blue pants and I bet they aren't complaining

If we keep winnng they can wear heels ,arseless chaps (just for you Smeg :lol: ) and fishnets for all I care

Juro

Post by Juro » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 10:58 am

Panthers played in pink this round. Broncos have that awful yellow jersey. Warriors have that flag jersey. Jerseys are all over the place. Does it make one iota of difference how a team performs? I seriously doubt it!
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 11:03 am

cktiger wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:

Personally don't like the all white without a stronger black and orange presence.
Plenty of other teams also run out in predominantly white strips ( St George , Broncos, Warriors , Roosters, Canberra , Bulldogs)- I prefer us to have a point of difference.
Imagine if evey supporter from those teams wore their white based jersey to a game - talk about bland.
The mainly black or mainly orange were ok with me and closer to BOTH Wests and Balmains past.
All this stuff about what colours you see in the crowd is over-rated. I'd rather just have a stadium full of screaming Tigers fans. I could care less what colours they are wearing. What supporters wear doesn't help you win games, but the noise they make can. Its not a fashion contest

DavidDuncan

Post by DavidDuncan » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 11:14 am

Juro wrote:Panthers played in pink this round. Broncos have that awful yellow jersey. Warriors have that flag jersey. Jerseys are all over the place. Does it make one iota of difference how a team performs? I seriously doubt it!
While I get what you are saying, I'm guessing that the Black jerseys probably do affect the way the team performs, esp on a hot Sunday afternoon. Which, I'm guessing, is why we and most teams have predominately white jerseys. Sports science has come a long way from the 70's and 80's when a beer in the sheds after the game was considered good recovery. :)
Remember the past. Live in the now. Plan for the future.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 11:29 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
cktiger wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:

All this stuff about what colours you see in the crowd is over-rated. I'd rather just have a stadium full of screaming Tigers fans. I could care less what colours they are wearing. What supporters wear doesn't help you win games, but the noise they make can. Its not a fashion contest
Guess you won't be applying for the job of marketing manager when it comes up :lol:
The colours bind the supporters together - hence the term ' army of supporters'
You must admit you get a good feeling even walking to a game surrounded by an army wearing a uniform of black , white and gold.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 11:46 am

DavidDuncan wrote:
Juro wrote:Panthers played in pink this round. Broncos have that awful yellow jersey. Warriors have that flag jersey. Jerseys are all over the place. Does it make one iota of difference how a team performs? I seriously doubt it!
While I get what you are saying, I'm guessing that the Black jerseys probably do affect the way the team performs, esp on a hot Sunday afternoon. Which, I'm guessing, is why we and most teams have predominately white jerseys. Sports science has come a long way from the 70's and 80's when a beer in the sheds after the game was considered good recovery. :)
The other thing which I am not sure I have mentioned before on the Forum or not is a study was done by scientests comparing teams wearing dark coloured jerseys and penalty counts in the NFL

It was proven that teams wearing dark colours were more heavily penalized than teams in lighter colours and especially with 50/50 calls almost 70% of 50/50 calls went in favour of the lighter coloured team

Their conclusion was subconsciously we lean towards lighter colours because of the good guys wear white ,bad guys wear black mentality that we are brought up with .

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 1:53 pm

Great post Happy, and according to recently completed research 94% of referees agree.

PS - I love the White on White, Its a great alternative IMO.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 2:21 pm

Spartan117 wrote:Great post Happy, and according to recently completed research 94% of referees agree.

PS - I love the White on White, Its a great alternative IMO.
Still wouldn't be enough white for Bug Spartan

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 7:33 pm

An equal distribution of all three colours is what is required.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 9:12 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:An equal distribution of all three colours is what is required.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Sorry Bug I was just stirring , i agree with you I prefer the jerseys and polos with the majority being white

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 9:35 pm

white gets to dirty....in the pic that ink put up i like what hodgo and payten are wearing...i would be happy if they wore that alternate....anyway each to their own...the emblem is all that counts

cunno

Post by cunno » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 9:49 pm

We'll never lose our identity no matter what they wear we follow the Wests Tigers, even if they run around in body paint.

DavidDuncan

Post by DavidDuncan » Tue 13 Mar, 2012 8:04 am

cunno wrote:We'll never lose our identity no matter what they wear we follow the Wests Tigers, even if they run around in body paint.
ummm... I might stop watching if they wear that.

too much flapping around.
Remember the past. Live in the now. Plan for the future.

cunno

Post by cunno » Tue 13 Mar, 2012 7:33 pm

DavidDuncan wrote:
cunno wrote:We'll never lose our identity no matter what they wear we follow the Wests Tigers, even if they run around in body paint.
ummm... I might stop watching if they wear that.

too much flapping around.
you're right, the man boobs would be too much to take :lol: