Question (Contains Raiders v Titans spoiler)

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 9 March 7:30PM
Venue:Bluetongue Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Question (Contains Raiders v Titans spoiler)

Post by smeghead » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 7:24 pm

Honest question

How did Campese cop a sin bin for his tackle on Douglas tonight when last night Farah had put his head down to drive for the line, Tony Williams is called offside and still tackles him and gets a penalty and nothing more?

underdog

Post by underdog » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 7:48 pm

profressional foul. - much like when a fullback takes down someone on the last line of defense, then holds them down to allow the defenders to get back in defense.

Refs discretion I guess.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 8:19 pm

They were both pro fouls.

Both were called out of it. Only one binned.

Its the inconsistency that is frustrating I guess

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 8:26 pm

Steve Clark vid ref last week said he wouldve given Bests double movement try - Maxwell was sacked, Clark proved wrong yet he's still there tonite in the Raiders game.
Thurling hit flush on the chin, replays show it clearly yet still nothing from Clark, hes busy picking his nose, Titans play on.
Theyre terrible
Blatant knock on to the Bulldogs not long ago, all missed it.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 9:59 pm

refs have lost the plot.....my pet hate is a penalty for a infringement early and then they dont worry about it for the rest of the game.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 10:09 pm

tiger4ever wrote:refs have lost the plot.....my pet hate is a penalty for a infringement early and then they dont worry about it for the rest of the game.
Totally agree T4E Referees should come out after the coaches interviews and explain some of the decisions they make at least we could understand their reasonings behind decisions they make

Might need to have a sign on the referees doors as they leave reminding them it is BYO buckets to make sure the reporters aren't covered in you know what after they try and explain what happened though