Moltzen's Price snub puts fire in the Dragons

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 16 March 7:30PM
Venue: Jubilee
Telecast: Ch 9
Discussion Bot

Moltzen's Price snub puts fire in the Dragons

Post by Discussion Bot » Tue 13 Mar, 2012 1:29 am

Dean Young has added spice to Friday night's grudge match against Wests Tigers at Kogarah, slamming Tim Moltzen for repeatedly ignoring the phone calls of Dragons coach Steve Price during the contract dispute between the clubs over his future.

''He went 2½ months without answering his phone when Pricey was trying to call him,'' Young told the Herald. ''I'm not disappointed that he is not at our club and I'm not disappointed at him wanting to stay at the Tigers. I'm just disappointed how he handled the situation and how he didn't have the decency to pick up the phone.''

Unwanted at Concord, Moltzen signed a three-year contract with the Dragons midway through last season but months later the Tigers controversially refused to grant him a release. The NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert was called in to referee a bitter spat between the two clubs before the Dragons effectively conceded defeat and decided not to make Moltzen commit to his agreement with them.

Original Article

Brisbane Tiger

Post by Brisbane Tiger » Tue 13 Mar, 2012 2:19 am

I just watched the first half against Manly again and i would just like to say from the point of view of a Moltsen knocker that his defense in the first half very impressive, especially hitting T-rexx low.
I hope he doesn't go missing against the dragons becouse the couple of passes and the one or two runs he made against Manly showed me enough that he is worth a few more weeks in the role.
But if he dogs it against the dragqueens ill be dirty.

AJ*

Post by AJ* » Tue 13 Mar, 2012 6:45 am

This game will either make or break Moltzen IMO. If there has ever been a single most important game for Timmy, this is it. He is running out of time to prove he is the solution for the HB role, and he will most likely never receive as much attention from an opposition team as he will on Fri. I'll be interested to see how he handles all the attention and pressure. Good luck Tim!!

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Tue 13 Mar, 2012 7:41 am

Such a non story. He was on contract until the end of this year, why bother even giving a rats about what St George think, especially Dean Young. He is the class act that prides himself on a bit of racial niggle against Robbie Farah if I recall.

Moltzen is bigger than this one game. If the Dragons target him, then good. It will leave a bit of space for our others to shine. He is a player of the future and I only hope he stays at WT beyond this year.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Tue 13 Mar, 2012 8:04 am

Timmy Moltzen will tear them apart and we should get the win go u tigers.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Tue 13 Mar, 2012 8:33 am

If I were Sheens I'd put the #1 on Moltzen and play him at half....that will really peeve the dragqueens fans off!

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Tue 13 Mar, 2012 8:43 am

Lol now Dean Young has put the Tigers "on notice" and actually given this group of latte sippers a reason to turn up. Thanks for the inspiration idiot.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Tue 13 Mar, 2012 8:53 am

How long were they hanging onto this "story" so they could bring it out now before the game?

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Tue 13 Mar, 2012 8:55 am

Didn't he go to Vegas late last year? I wouldn't answer my phone either.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Tue 13 Mar, 2012 8:56 am

Don't know why Young is worried about who Moltz plays for, if it wasnt for his Dad he wouldn't have played for St George either. Extremely average player who unbelievably was handed a Test and Origin jersey, and throw in racist!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

dermo

Post by dermo » Tue 13 Mar, 2012 8:56 am

Brisbane Tiger wrote:I just watched the first half against Manly again and i would just like to say from the point of view of a Moltsen knocker that his defense in the first half very impressive, especially hitting T-rexx low.
I hope he doesn't go missing against the dragons becouse the couple of passes and the one or two runs he made against Manly showed me enough that he is worth a few more weeks in the role.
But if he dogs it against the dragqueens ill be dirty.
Although he hasnt been creating the plays or controlling the team like we would like him to, atleast he isnt leaking points like Lui did. Aslong as his defence stays as good as it has been then im happy to give him time to settle into playing Half. We gave Lui about 2 years before he really started firing and the whole time he was a liabilty in defence.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 13 Mar, 2012 9:23 am

AJ* wrote:This game will either make or break Moltzen IMO. If there has ever been a single most important game for Timmy, this is it. He is running out of time to prove he is the solution for the HB role, and he will most likely never receive as much attention from an opposition team as he will on Fri. I'll be interested to see how he handles all the attention and pressure. Good luck Tim!!
Reckon you could be right AJ

Still think the guy who will have a massive game tonight will be Benji You don't take the piss from a guy's best mate

Hope Benji tears them a new one

Someone mentioned about holding onto this story for a while After copping a hiding like they did last week they will need something to pep them up pretty quickly for Friday's game

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Tue 13 Mar, 2012 9:36 am

Dean Young was asked for his opinion and he gave an honest one. If you read the story, the only problem he has is that Moltzen didn't answer his phone when 'The Price is Right' was trying to ring him. Maybe Timmy should have let Benji take the call....

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 13 Mar, 2012 10:06 am

tiga4eva wrote:Don't know why Young is worried about who Moltz plays for, if it wasnt for his Dad he wouldn't have played for St George either. Extremely average player who unbelievably was handed a Test and Origin jersey, and throw in racist!

Have to say I agree with this, probably the most average player in the modern era to have earned a premiership ring.

What he says shouldn't faze Moltzen, hopefully he lets his game do the talking come Friday night.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

underdog

Post by underdog » Tue 13 Mar, 2012 10:41 am

RatedRKO wrote:Didn't he go to Vegas late last year? I wouldn't answer my phone either.

He also had that "shoulder injury" so he couldn't physically pick up the phone... :mrgreen: Jeez Steven Price and Dean Young are so insensitive! :roll

Dean Young just did an Anthony Mundine - congratulations peanut. (Melbourne Storm comments back in 2000)

Tigers should come out and burn the dragons across the park. Moltzen should fire up after this.

I'll wait until the teams are posted before doing predicitons, but mine will make for interesting reading...

tigervicas

Post by tigervicas » Tue 13 Mar, 2012 11:07 am

tiga4eva wrote:Don't know why Young is worried about who Moltz plays for, if it wasnt for his Dad he wouldn't have played for St George either. Extremely average player who unbelievably was handed a Test and Origin jersey, and throw in racist!

Mate, i could not of said it any better.....love ya work!!! :sign: :master:

T-D-C

Post by T-D-C » Tue 13 Mar, 2012 11:57 am

Good focus on Moltzen! will just give Benji and Robbie more room to move if the dragons are rushing up to smash Moltz.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Tue 13 Mar, 2012 12:40 pm

Dean Young is a potty mouthed bully boy

he should focus on sticky taping his knee back together