We are too soft.

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 16 March 7:30PM
Venue: Jubilee
Telecast: Ch 9
1/4 chicken,chips

Re: We are too soft.

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 1:19 pm

Farah and Sheens were just trying to provide word service to the journos to try and get the boys to lift their intensity next week by labelling us so

omg some of your best work Happy So it was just a smokescreen to the journos .Well it may have fooled the journos but it didnt fool me .
Happy you crack me up , but i love youe loyalty to a lost cause.The Tigers will bounce back(i hope) but as Sheens said they need a lot of soulsearching .ft

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 1:23 pm

innsaneink wrote:LOL.....youre delusional happy, and trolling to boot
The captain admitted we were soft, why cant you??
Do you understand by saying they are soft you are saying they gave up

Give me a instance when you saw the team give up That is my defintion of soft on the football side Ink

The only time i haved trolled on this forum ever was after few brews and said that we should make MacKinnon halfback and was a joke (Which i have admitted to)

Dont you EVER accuse me of trolling

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 1:26 pm

Farah said we were soft. That is good enough for me.

We were soft as butter last night. Completely dominated in tackles, no impact, easily handled in attack.

If that is not the definition of soft then I don't know what is.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 1:43 pm

happy tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:LOL.....youre delusional happy, and trolling to boot
The captain admitted we were soft, why cant you??
Do you understand by saying they are soft you are saying they gave up

Give me a instance when you saw the team give up That is my defintion of soft on the football side Ink

The only time i haved trolled on this forum ever was after few brews and said that we should make MacKinnon halfback and was a joke (Which i have admitted to)

Dont you EVER accuse me of trolling
You'd formed an opinion before even seeing the game...and still carrying on with it now.

It seems we are debating difinitions, yours of soft may be different to others, yours seems to be exclusive, the majority here, who had seen the game before commenting, the teams bloody captain for christs sake all agree we were soft...you are trolling

....and by the way, we did give up, remember the ball hitting the deck late, players standing round looking at it, no urgency, no one diving on it....one player finally kicking at it in disgust like a 6 year old...thats giving up!
Another occasion, two or three hit ups in a row in the 2nd half, straight from dummy half to a one out runner , no support, no decoys, no runners, the rest of the team standing still watching.

saundo55

Post by saundo55 » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 5:24 pm

Let's sack them all close the Tigers down and you can follow anyone you want . I wonder how long some of you do called supporters have actually followed the Tigers

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 5:26 pm

I'd hate to call any first grader soft but after watching last night, gee I'm tempted to call that soft

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 6:01 pm

Soft? What were the soft moments? I saw the under manned and young forwards have a pretty good dig at jubilee. We were well into the game until those two tries right at the end of the second half. Refs and penalties change a game. And the second half was 10 - 6. I think too many forum members still believe we have a weak underbelly, and it's simply not true. The tigers take time to gel every season. As they said in another post, CHILL
2 October 2005 was the greatest day of my life ...

tigermaniac

Post by tigermaniac » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 6:06 pm

Farah admits we were soft. Three weeks in a row. More like piss weak.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 6:10 pm

Our captain came out and admitted we were soft, thats good enough for me. some people seem to be playing a game of see no evil

Big_Al

Post by Big_Al » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 6:13 pm

Sadly that performance was unacceptable for a first grade football team that purports to be one of the premiership front runners. We should see a fired up Tigers side next week at C/town otherwise we're in a bit of strife as a club.

Montague Street

Post by Montague Street » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 10:54 pm

I'm watching a replay of the game. Wisdom is of course in hindsight but just the first 5 minutes said a lot.
In the first set the Tigers in defence waited for the Dragons to come to them. The Dragons are up in the 2nd set and our hardest ball runner was Benji on the 2nd tackle.
Rabs calls the Dragons defence a brick wall.
On the 3rd tackle at 3 mins 10secs Heighington is bent back by Dan Hunt and Jack Bellin in a tackle that typified the Dragons enthusiastic defence.
Tigers were ssssssoft!

Rugby League: The Game They Play in Hell

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 3:09 pm

One thing that p***ed me off the other night was when at the end there after vidot scored he pushed beau away and there was no reaction. I realize we were getting badly beaten but it just showed there was no anger or a willing to say hey, 'f**k you' we may be beaten but we won't be pushed around.

No other teammates seeing that and coming over and drawing a line. As much as people hate watmough or even thaiday at least they show the opposition that, you know, we are here too and wont cop that. I'm not saying we should run from the other side of the field but just a little defiance to stand our ground no matter the circumstances.

Guess it highlights where we were on Friday night. No fire at all

by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Mon 19 Mar, 2012 9:56 am

The Dragons were certainly fired up. We should have expected it after the press during the week but we seemed genuinely surprised when they gave it too us. Weyman looked like a superstar for goodness sake

underdog

Post by underdog » Mon 19 Mar, 2012 10:08 am

Alf Duguid wrote:The Dragons were certainly fired up. We should have expected it after the press during the week but we seemed genuinely surprised when they gave it too us. Weyman looked like a superstar for goodness sake
Moi Moi
Pritchard
Weyman
Gasnier (retired, thank christ)
Kite
Morris (both of them)
Soward.

These are all pretty good players which we make look like world beaters every time they play against us....

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 19 Mar, 2012 10:32 am

Don't know if soft is the word - maybe ineffective.
Farah kept throwing it to the forwards only to see them go nowhere.
The young front rowers looked tired and ultimately made errors while Fulton and Heighington continue to get pushed backwards and be controlled.
When the ball hit the backline it rarely went past Marshall - when it did we still did bugger all 99% of the time.
There doesn't seem any will to win - like they all think it'll come good at the end of the year again.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Mon 19 Mar, 2012 4:20 pm

I Was astounded to hear some punter had 30k on saint george just on kick off,even though both of their best defensive players had been ruled out.
\Somebody had an inkling we were not going to turn to play .

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 19 Mar, 2012 4:45 pm

Cysquatch wrote:One thing that p***ed me off the other night was when at the end there after vidot scored he pushed beau away and there was no reaction. I realize we were getting badly beaten but it just showed there was no anger or a willing to say hey, 'f**k you' we may be beaten but we won't be pushed around.

No other teammates seeing that and coming over and drawing a line. As much as people hate watmough or even thaiday at least they show the opposition that, you know, we are here too and wont cop that. I'm not saying we should run from the other side of the field but just a little defiance to stand our ground no matter the circumstances.

Guess it highlights where we were on Friday night. No fire at all

Yes!!
Me too....very disappointing.

No attitude!