innsaneink

Re: Tigers forwards

Post by innsaneink » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 8:56 am

You know youre in trouble when Matt Bell is looked on as the saviour

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 9:01 am

Montague Street wrote:
tiga4eva wrote:
innsaneink wrote:I thought Fulton & Farah were the only 2 having a dig....there you go
I thought Robbie was outstanding. Fulton always has a dig but he's a lightweight who gets man-handled whenever he gets the ball....and for some unknown reason he was always getting the ball.
Saints and other sides have two hookers.
I'd like to see Farah interchanged with Fulton as hooker.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
me too. it would be interesting to see how the side went .

rossop

Post by rossop » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 9:01 am

innsaneink wrote:You know youre in trouble when Matt Bell is looked on as the saviour
right on!

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 9:03 am

Bell has played 10 times better than any game last year for panthers, he only tackled last year now he is doing loads of takles and is running straight at the opposition sheens is getting the best out of him and good luck to him , i was supprised when we signed him , but he has earnt his cash , the rest of the forwards well we got smashed last night and last week and the sharks were better than us

tiger91

Post by tiger91 » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 9:16 am

At this stage of his careers Groat would have been intended to have been played at starting prop and it's only through Galloway's injury we see him in the starting team.

Sheens is only playing the cards he's been dealt and I feel that he is copping a lot of unwarranted criticism here.

Yes, he didn't play great but he gave it a dig and improved in the second 40.

Yes, he is young and still raw, but had things gone to plan he would be learning his trade from the bench.

He is playing a role that is beyond his current development and experience and unfortunately it's a learning curve that he will have to take on as not everyone goes to plan in this game.

As far as our forwards go, our lack of go consistent go forward and in your face defence seemed to disappear once Ellis left the field at Blue Tongue. It shows up now and then but we do miss Ellis and I'll wait until Monday night before I give my two bobs on our fowards.

He seems to hold our pack together so I'm hoping to see some improvement and determination come Monday.

tiger91

Post by tiger91 » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 9:19 am

tiger91 wrote:At this stage of his careers Groat would not have been intended to have been played at starting prop and it's only through Galloway's injury we see him in the starting team.

Sheens is only playing the cards he's been dealt and I feel that he is copping a lot of unwarranted criticism here.

Yes, he didn't play great but he gave it a dig and improved in the second 40.

Yes, he is young and still raw, but had things gone to plan he would be learning his trade from the bench.

He is playing a role that is beyond his current development and experience and unfortunately it's a learning curve that he will have to take on as not everyone goes to plan in this game.

As far as our forwards go, our lack of go consistent go forward and in your face defence seemed to disappear once Ellis left the field at Blue Tongue. It shows up now and then but we do miss Ellis and I'll wait until Monday night before I give my two bobs on our fowards.

He seems to hold our pack together so I'm hoping to see some improvement and determination come Monday.

Edited original post.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 9:29 am

Our forwards thus far:

1) Heninighton no impact either in defence or attack...I hope he enjoyed his short rep stint playing for England.
2) Fulton, is in everthing...but no sting in his tackles and offers little in attack.
3) Blair does not get involved enough for the money he is on...I can't recall any "standout" play or tackle from him in 3 rounds...not worth the money he's on!.
4) Ellis...best forward in the world IMO..(will be missed next year!!)
5) Farah..playing below his best, not as creative as he once was...forget SOO this year mate...
6) Groat...Young gun thrown in the deep end and it's shows he is still young and learning....not his fault.
7) Woods...steady without dominating..
8) BMM...should be in the starting side somewhere...
9) Bell...should start in front of Groat whilst Sauce is injured.
10) Moors should be on the bench...adds punch when he's on.
11) Bench...should have 3 forwards and Reddy.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 9:41 am

I know its early but that was one of the worst performances from our pack in 10 years, I know we have injuries but we lack a prop with mongrel in him. I now hopr we Sign Mason just to put a bit of sting in the pack with Ellis, Also i would move Blair in tighter & he would be more dangerous.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 9:59 am

Woods and Graot are not a staring combination. Each need a leader in partnership.

I rate Fulton as a player. Problem was we tried to use him in attack like we do with Ellis, there was no allowance for theplayer changing.

Farah was a machine last night. Considering what his body was going through coupled with the head knock and daze to Benji really showed what a pathetic halfback Moltzen is he refused to step up and lead even with the opportunity in front of him.

What I would like explained is the use of the interchange bench. How is it that Bell and BMM come on for 10 minutes or so in the first half and get subbed straight back for the starting props when it is obvious the fatigue had set in.

Groat was good in the opening exchanges as was Woods but after 15 and 20 minutes respectively both were done mentally from the pace of the game and needed recharge. Moors plays prop as well as backrow bring him on.

Our forwards made their mistakes but really alot comes down to truly terrible management of the bench players

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 10:12 am

innsaneink wrote:You know youre in trouble when Matt Bell is looked on as the saviour
I feel if this is what people are thinking, they are seriously confused.

In Round 1 and 3, Bell has simply done his job. He has come on as an Interchange Forward and done the simple things right. This is what is expected from the Domestic Forwards within the Structure.

Any talk about him being a Starter is confusing what he does. Bell MUST stay on the Bench as this is where he is most effective.

I'd be more inclined to pair Woods with Moors as our Starting Combination as they have a better balance. Matt Groat is struggling with the speed of the game as a starter, so its clear he needs to drop back a peg and that is to the bench.

Staff who perform well dont always make the best managers!!!

I'd also be looking off the field for some answers. Folkes was our forwards coach last year and there seems to be a different approach this year. Do we know who is running the Forwards in 2012? Sheens needs to look at his back office to give the team the best options to play to there potential.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 10:18 am

Thats how i would start . Woods /Moors Bell to interchange

tigerlogic

Post by tigerlogic » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 10:24 am

Smeg groat came off after 16mins

Deano1

Post by Deano1 » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 10:24 am

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:Thats how i would start . Woods /Moors Bell to interchange

Yeah that's a good combo for mine. Chances of it happening tho? Bout the same as me tipping eight from eight this week.