Tigers forwards

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 16 March 7:30PM
Venue: Jubilee
Telecast: Ch 9
underdog

Re: Tigers forwards

Post by underdog » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 9:51 pm

evryone who is getting half a chance had a go tonight.

Moors,

Bell,

BMM all tried really hard.

Groat looked at sea in defense.

Woods tried so hard and looked great in patches, then gave away silly penalties.

Humble never game up.

Reddy never gave up.

These are all the fringe players!

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 9:51 pm

Woods and Bell to start next week. Groat to NSW cup..

saundo1982

Post by saundo1982 » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 9:52 pm

With Ellis back I think our forwards should look like this
8 woods
9 farah
10 Blair
11 heighno
12 Ellis
13 Fulton

Bench
14 BMM
15 bell
16 moors
17 groat ( although will be utility)
Can get 25 good minutes out of woods , 14,15,16 can all play out the half give heighno a break n moors or BMM can play back row our let Blair move wide and put them up front.

For me fultons tackling n ball laying makes him a better 13 then 2nd row as he doesn't have the size to punch through draw in players for the offload, nor that big hit that Ellis or Blair offer.

We need to split our young forwards up. At no stage should we have woods n groat together.

I no BMM is only young but here is a bloke who played his 1st nrl game in a final yet cant get much more the 20 minutes game time.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 9:52 pm

innsaneink wrote:I thought Fulton & Farah were the only 2 having a dig....there you go
Farah was great.

Fulton didnt do it for me at all. Ran some decent lines off Benji but otherwise his defensive efforts where Saints scored try 2 and his one on one miss of the slow Weyman were enough to suggest to me he's struggling.

Not committing to a tackle is NOT having a dig
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 9:53 pm

there you have mr sheens and this club accept failure players are not under pressure they know they wont get dropped hence no need to fire up.

Illek

Post by Illek » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 9:54 pm

innsaneink wrote:I thought Fulton & Farah were the only 2 having a dig....there you go
Agree with this, I honestly think farah is a throw back to the older generation, tough as nails

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 9:55 pm

Alf Duguid wrote:Poor old heighno gets in the way and has zero impact. Just tackle champ

gee ive gotta agree , as much as i love the rhino .he hasnt got the toughness he used to have .

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 9:57 pm

I think Groat needs to go to the NSW cup to work on his game. I heard an ex bulldog prop on the radio saying Groat was a better player than Woods. I disagree very strongly.

Groat is soft in defence and whilst he is still young he needs to spend a lot of time in the NSW cup to get things right. I say buy Manson he could only add stratch to our pack.

BalmainJnr

Post by BalmainJnr » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 9:59 pm

Remind me again why we persist with Fulton? Works hard yes, but he got handled in attack tonight and missed tackles leading to tries. Wasn't a whole lot better the week before either

willow

Post by willow » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 10:11 pm

Illek wrote:
Agree with this, I honestly think farah is a throw back to the older generation, tough as nails
I thought Heighno had a good dig. BMM and Moors looked alright again too.

fulleightyminutes

Post by fulleightyminutes » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 10:14 pm

izotope wrote:Starting forwards are the issue. No Galloway.
Moors Masila bell and Blair is the only impact I saw tonight at all.

Agree. Bell ran straight. Moors ran straight. So did MM (apart from the hands he was a tyro tonight). I still rate Woods but we are really missing Galloway. Not to mention Ellis.

Illek

Post by Illek » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 11:20 pm

willow wrote:
Illek wrote:
Fair call. I think groat and woods whilst great long term prospects aren't ready for NRL. Ideally suited to bench spots throughout the year and plugging injury gaps till they get more experience, with some rotation into state cup. Unfortunately injury and recruitment with team selections has left them as starting props which they just aren't cut out for at this stage of their career. Neither reads the game well enough nor has the defensive experience to start together. Both on the run on team will lead to some points.

Blair is an enigma, great talent but not involved nearly enough. I'd like to see him more in the front row to get him into the game. Putting him to prop forces him to be involved, and if he is still found missing after that I'll join the group who are critising him.

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 6:36 am

Illek wrote:
willow wrote:
Illek wrote:
Fair call. I think groat and woods whilst great long term prospects aren't ready for NRL. Ideally suited to bench spots throughout the year and plugging injury gaps till they get more experience, with some rotation into state cup. Unfortunately injury and recruitment with team selections has left them as starting props which they just aren't cut out for at this stage of their career. Neither reads the game well enough nor has the defensive experience to start together. Both on the run on team will lead to some points.

Blair is an enigma, great talent but not involved nearly enough. I'd like to see him more in the front row to get him into the game. Putting him to prop forces him to be involved, and if he is still found missing after that I'll join the group who are critising him.
blair isnt a front rower, either is ellis i dont know why people fantasize about these players playing there. without galloway we are very short in front row groat and woods have much to learn and hopefully tonight is a good learning curve for them. getting rid of gibbs and fafita for blair looks more and more like one of our typical recruiting blunders of recent times we have too many second rowers.

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 8:11 am

BalmainJnr wrote:Remind me again why we persist with Fulton? Works hard yes, but he got handled in attack tonight and missed tackles leading to tries. Wasn't a whole lot better the week before either

. I feel sorry forFulton ,tries hard but has no impact.

Snodgrass

Post by Snodgrass » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 8:30 am

Matt Groat had an unfortunate night (as did I watching this carnage).
Fell for Reins dummy in the first try - got shoulder charged by Blair to enable another Saints try - gave away a dumb penalty in the ruck ... and got smashed pretty much everytime he got the pill.
But hey, the kids all of 12 and a half ...
I agree with other posters here - without Keith and Ellis we do look a little green up the guts.
Given the starting line ups of both teams it was clear before kick off that Saints were going to bash us - they had all the muscle in the middle and we had the touch footy touches out wide (hence the way we played early).

Ho hum ... onto the Raiders
. Please Note ... The somewhat garbled opinion reproduced above is not the work of former Western Suburbs, Newtown and Parramatta second rower Warren Snodgrass.

rossop

Post by rossop » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 8:32 am

smoking gun wrote:Because of poor recruitment and retention we see groat who is out of his depth in FG. I'd be starting Blair in the front row next week groat to the bench and have a bench off bmm moors and bell. We are a legit FG prop short

Groat is not up to it, for sure. He may be ok off the bench but not as a key starting prop. Ellis is needed big time and The Sauce Bottle, if he has a dig. Everyone was scratching their heads when Gibbs et al were shown the door and last night it was shown why. :bawling

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 8:48 am

mason , cheap , big , strong , EXPERIENCE , been saying this for weeks , raiders next week , if we play the same the game is over before we play it , as for reddy , humble , bell , they did have a go , bell has played well in all games , he should gat a start jumper with woods , bmm and mores on bench , groat last chance on bench with instructions to run straight and hard , if not hook him

hellman

Post by hellman » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 8:50 am

Tigerdave wrote:Moors and BMM have to start, they are putting in and deserve to start.
Yep.

I think we need to focus on our front row. Put Blair & BMM at prop. If Galloway is back start Galloway and Blair and replace them with BMM, Woods & Bell. Rotate these guys as much as required but tell them to go hard.

Have Moors, Heighno and hopefully Ellis in the backrow with Fulton as the replacement option.

The problem is the backs aren't exactly looking good either and I think even if we get good go forward we need such a massive turn around to get back on track it is going to require a lot of work.