Moltzen and Groat

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 16 March 7:30PM
Venue: Jubilee
Telecast: Ch 9
GNR4LIFE

Moltzen and Groat

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 9:40 pm

Talk about 2 average first graders. In Groat's case i wouldn't even consider him a first grader.What does he offer? Give me Fifita over Groat anyday of the week. Nothing i've ever seen from him has me excited. If he's the best we got God help us. And what can you say about Moltzen? If he's a halfback i'm Miss Teen USA. I can't believe he's under instructions from Sheens to take a back-seat. Sheens is crazy, but surely he's not that crazy to allow his halfback to be a non-facter week in, week out. Lui might have struggled at times, but at least he played a halfbacks game and was dangerous with the ball in his hands. Moltzen is nothing but a passanger. Give a Miller a shot, surely he couldn't do any worse, and for the good of Wests Tigers don't renew Moltzens contract

shifty

Post by shifty » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 9:45 pm

I bet the dragons are happy for us to keep Moltzen..he's no halfback.

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 9:46 pm

Groats only young. He has been thrown to the wolves due to poor recruitment. Give the kid a break

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 9:47 pm

Groat shouldn't be starting. Too raw.

Moltzen doesn't have the same excuse. He is just mediocre.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 9:51 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Talk about 2 average first graders. In Groat's case i wouldn't even consider him a first grader.What does he offer? Give me Fifita over Groat anyday of the week. Nothing i've ever seen from him has me excited. If he's the best we got God help us. And what can you say about Moltzen? If he's a halfback i'm Miss Teen USA. I can't believe he's under instructions from Sheens to take a back-seat. Sheens is crazy, but surely he's not that crazy to allow his halfback to be a non-facter week in, week out. Lui might have struggled at times, but at least he played a halfbacks game and was dangerous with the ball in his hands. Moltzen is nothing but a passanger. Give a Miller a shot, surely he couldn't do any worse, and for the good of Wests Tigers don't renew Moltzens contract
I agree with you on Moltzen, but groat is only 20.Sheens has rocks in his head starting two young front rowers. like somebody else said . he has thrown them to the wolves.

Snake

Post by Snake » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 9:52 pm

Groat has an excuse young and will make the grade....Moltzen just an average player with a lot of hype from his manager he is my No 14 .

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 9:53 pm

Moltzen out Miller in.
Groat out Mason in.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 9:55 pm

Groat doesnt have the motor for NRL at this point. His goal line defence is woeful. He cost us last week with King's try and he cost us 2 more tonight. not up to it at this time. Moors is up to it but he didnt get on til the 57th min. Sheenius!!!!!

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 9:55 pm

I think forumers should not come to expect big things early in the season, we are clearly a team who doesn't peak early and are more prone to peak later in the season. I'm still optimistic, we are premiership favourites for a reason.

As for you people who claim Moltzen isn't a halfback, you should take a good look at yourselves. Up until last week, we had never lost a game with Moltzen at halfback. No coincidence either, the guy has a good passing game, running game and has terrific vision and can defend (unlike Lui), important assets in being a quality half. The role he's playing at the moment does not come naturally to him and I can't understand why Sheens has instructed him to play this role.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 9:57 pm

citizen cub wrote:I think forumers should not come to expect big things early in the season, we are clearly a team who doesn't peak early and are more prone to peak later in the season. I'm still optimistic, we are premiership favourites for a reason.

As for you people who claim Moltzen isn't a halfback, you should take a good look at yourselves. Up until last week, we had never lost a game with Moltzen at halfback. No coincidence either, the guy has a good passing game, running game and has terrific vision and can defend (unlike Lui), important assets in being a quality half. The role he's playing at the moment does not come naturally to him and I can't understand why Sheens has instructed him to play this role.
In other words, we are pretenders.

Moltzen is a passenger. Offers nothing. One of the most overrated players in the game.

DonnyBrasco

Post by DonnyBrasco » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 9:58 pm

citizen cub wrote:I think forumers should not come to expect big things early in the season, we are clearly a team who doesn't peak early and are more prone to peak later in the season. I'm still optimistic, we are premiership favourites for a reason.

X2 about moltzen. Lui was the human turnstyle, so lets give moltz more time to settle in properly, was only a few years ago he killed it with benji.

Tigers for 2022!

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 10:00 pm

Moltzen rates himself. A shame no one else does

willow

Post by willow » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 10:01 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:Groat shouldn't be starting. Too raw.

Moltzen doesn't have the same excuse. He is just mediocre.

x2. Groat will improve with age and experience. Moltzen looks anything but a halfback. There's no creativity, no kicking game and he's not taking the line on either. Tigers are essentially playing without a halfback and fullback at the moment.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 10:02 pm

This time last week i'd have agreed with you about not expecting too much but not after tonight. I think we are entitled to be expecting better then what they dished up tonight. Useless

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 10:04 pm

tiga4eva wrote:Groat doesnt have the motor for NRL at this point. His goal line defence is woeful. He cost us last week with King's try and he cost us 2 more tonight. not up to it at this time. Moors is up to it but he didnt get on til the 57th min. Sheenius!!!!!
Add the Williams try last week was a result of him overchasing and this week was just lazyness. Sheens sticks to his players maybe he has an injury.

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 10:07 pm

If Moltzen is such a great half how come he took the line on once in 80 minutes of footy, and where was he when Bengi was hurt i hoped he would step up and prove me wrong but no sorry a bench player at best can cover several positions Jack of all trades master of none

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 10:07 pm

DonnyBrasco wrote:

X2 about moltzen. Lui was the human turnstyle, so lets give moltz more time to settle in properly, was only a few years ago he killed it with benji.

The only thing Moltzen has ever killed has been overlaps. Can you ever remember him doing anything at halback thats worth remembering?

trumpy182

Post by trumpy182 » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 10:08 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Talk about 2 average first graders. In Groat's case i wouldn't even consider him a first grader.What does he offer? Give me Fifita over Groat anyday of the week. Nothing i've ever seen from him has me excited. If he's the best we got God help us. And what can you say about Moltzen? If he's a halfback i'm Miss Teen USA. I can't believe he's under instructions from Sheens to take a back-seat. Sheens is crazy, but surely he's not that crazy to allow his halfback to be a non-facter week in, week out. Lui might have struggled at times, but at least he played a halfbacks game and was dangerous with the ball in his hands. Moltzen is nothing but a passanger. Give a Miller a shot, surely he couldn't do any worse, and for the good of Wests Tigers don't renew Moltzens contract
I agree with absolutely everything!