Kickoff: Friday 16 March 7:30PM
Venue: Jubilee
Telecast: Ch 9
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Moltzen and Groat

Post by smeghead » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 11:09 pm

Farah and Marshall busted and concussed respectively and still nowhere to be seen.

Speaks volumes.

I genuinely hope he plays a blinder when and where next selected

cusschops

Post by cusschops » Mon 19 Mar, 2012 7:00 am

Remember when Beau wasn't playing well? Now he is and your all praising him.
I hope all you Moltzen knockers eat your words when he gains some confidence, cause thats all it is. We have all seen what he can do. He will come good. Believe and stop knocking him.
Pick on Groat or someone else for once.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Mon 19 Mar, 2012 7:03 am

Thats cause Beau pulled his finger out and decided to have a go !!!!!
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE..

wests4ever

Post by wests4ever » Mon 19 Mar, 2012 7:39 am

i CAN'T BELIEVE ALL THESE "MARY MAGDALINES" on here making pathetic excuses for Moltzen's lame performances.
Get real or get ....!!!!!!!!!!!!'This is the reason we have only won 1 Premiership since Shines became coach because of all the wimps including the Board of Weststigers & some supporters who "accept" 2nd best all the time!!!!
Wake up to urselves!!! Melbourne can do it Year in Year out why can't the Tigers???????

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 19 Mar, 2012 8:23 am

wests4ever wrote:i CAN'T BELIEVE ALL THESE "MARY MAGDALINES" on here making pathetic excuses for Moltzen's lame performances.
Get real or get ....!!!!!!!!!!!!'This is the reason we have only won 1 Premiership since Shines became coach because of all the wimps including the Board of Weststigers & some supporters who "accept" 2nd best all the time!!!!
Wake up to urselves!!! Melbourne can do it Year in Year out why can't the Tigers???????
There is 16 teams in the comp, premierships are hard to win, alot of things have to go your way to win.

Melbourne won 2 comps and were up there year in year out cause they have had a side $1 mil bucks over the cap.
Their cheque book recruitment extended to their juniors as well, which they are still benefitting a little bit from, moving forward they will be in the grinder with the rest of the clubs.

We have run top 4 in consecutive years and we lose a couple games early and you want to sack the coach and the half back.

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Mon 19 Mar, 2012 8:26 am

True its round 3 we wont lose now and we will show up and show them who we are.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 19 Mar, 2012 8:36 am

I suppose we should have paid the $550k to get Sandow - oh wait a minute , he doesn't seem to be going that good behind a beaten pack either.
Moltzen isn't the reason we lost the last two games.
Our forwards are lacking - only Farah and Blair showed anything resembling first grade standard.
The young props are struggling having to start together and God only knows what has happened to Fulton and Heighington.
If Moltzen doesn't pass the ball to our flashy backline (none too flashy at the moment) then he's called a hog.
If he does pass it then he's not having a go.
How many halfbacks get praised when their team gets beat by more than 20?

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 19 Mar, 2012 8:57 am

Again you completely miss the point. Nobody is expecting any halfback to shine behind a soft and beaten forward pack, Moltzen or otherwise.

The issue here is Moltzen's level of involvement, not his performance. Regardless of whether he is playing behind a beaten pack, standing in the background and watching is not good enough. 5 runs and one kick in 80 minutes is pathetic, beaten pack or not.

No other halfback in the NRL goes five or six sets in a row without getting his hands on the ball.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 19 Mar, 2012 9:14 am

I seriously doubt he went five or six sets in a row without touching the ball Hybrid.
I will agree he should get more involved in attack (his defence is great for a halfback) but I can't help feeling he's playing the way Sheens wants him to.
He played half through his juniors and for Australia in the Junior Kangaroos - he knows what to do if allowed to do it.

barra

Post by barra » Mon 19 Mar, 2012 9:21 am

They are touches, not runs. He barely took the line on and kicked once, which for a current NRL halfback is well below standard.

Certainly Moltzen is still feeling his way. I'm a Miller fan but I understand it's going to take a while for Tim to get into the groove, but it is very hard to not get impatient with him when he turns in yet another below par performance at this level.
Last edited by barra on Mon 19 Mar, 2012 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 19 Mar, 2012 9:24 am

cktiger wrote:I seriously doubt he went five or six sets in a row without touching the ball Hybrid.
Watch the game again mate. His lack of involvement astounds me. If this is a coaching directive Sheens has lost his marbles. (though that would really not surprise me either).

He was even moved to fullback late in the game, make of that what you will.

I will admit his defense has been good this season, but halfbacks aren't in the team to defend. We won a comp with two halves who couldn't defend if their lives depended on it.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 19 Mar, 2012 11:42 am

cusschops wrote:Remember when Beau wasn't playing well? Now he is and your all praising him.
I hope all you Moltzen knockers eat your words when he gains some confidence, cause thats all it is. We have all seen what he can do. He will come good. Believe and stop knocking him.
Pick on Groat or someone else for once.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Read the title mate. Groat hasn't escaped criticism either. Like HT said, no one is expecting him to be a star, we just want him to get his bloody hands on the ball, surely thats not expecting too much from your halfback. And as Smeg said, he had the perfect chance to stand up and try and control things when Marshall and Farah were busted but he was still in hiding. Its funny that the people defending him to the hilt are the same ones who bashed Lui at every oppurtunity last year

Pawesome

Post by Pawesome » Mon 19 Mar, 2012 12:53 pm

Its only round three people.. wow stop the hating..

McGrime

Post by McGrime » Mon 19 Mar, 2012 7:19 pm

Here we go again.......The Knives are out.........1 lucky win & 2 ugly defeats...........were gone.

Well have another look...........1 Home Win...........2 Away Defeats
We've copped the 2011 Premiers & A semi finals team away in the 1st 3 weeks.
And yeh we've also copped some injuries.

Take a deep breath guys...........I can't remember a team going through undefeated.
And sometimes it's a pathetic performance that turns teams around.

What I can't hack is the way a lot of the supporters on here turn on 1 or 2 guys for having bad games.

When they stuff something up on the field you see their team mates mentally trying to pick them up
Maybe that's what we should try on here rather than calling to put them on the transfer list.

Anyway that's my 2 bobs worth.
I'll be cheering myself hoarse again next week.............sh1t I love the footy season.
WestsTigers

Chadman's Ghost

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Tue 20 Mar, 2012 1:15 pm

Let me get this right...Moltzen, Groat, Heighington, Fulton, Farah, Ayshford, Blair, Ryan & Lawrence cop bagging the week we get thumped.

Benji, Moors, Woods & Humble are excused.

And the team gets 1000 times better once Ellis & Miller are brought in?

Yep, another typical week after a loss around here.

Tigers look rusty, while both the Dragons & Manly looked like they were up for it the weeks we played them. Some teams hit the ground running, some don't. This is not the first time we've seen the Tigers look like they can't compete with more aggressive teams. The Dragons were certainly more aggressive. For whatever reason though, the Tigers seem to be a 'slow burn' team that finds it's aggression as the season goes on. If they are playing like this in Round 10- we have a problem.

A combination of young forwards, injuries & new players into the squad has the team looking disjointed at this point. They always look better with Ellis on the field, and Galloway's direction appears to be missing right now.

Some of the critisism of Moltzen is very much "angry Tigers supporter" stuff- not really well thought out. Comparing him to guys like Wallace, Hornby etc is innacurate because VERY few teams have their #2 playmaker playing at Hooker the way the Tigers do. Moltzen is option #3. The guys you want to compare him to are option #2- they obviously are more involved.

We are in a unique situation at the Tigers in that we have a Hooker that is as creative as most halfbacks in the NRL.

All that being said- you'll find the playmakers will look much better once the forwards at least match the opposition. If they are dominated, the Tigers flowing style of play becomes disjointed & our creative players essentially become targets as the opposition defense swarms to them.