Folkes leaves what happens

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 16 March 7:30PM
Venue: Jubilee
Telecast: Ch 9
Snake

Folkes leaves what happens

Post by Snake » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 10:16 pm

When Folkes came to the Tigers it was apparent the attitude in the whole place changed we had some starch up front a though the team and made the top 4 for 2 years .Folkes leaves and we are now seeing what it was before he came to the club.Ihate to say it but the bad old Sheens days are back!.

NEDKELLY

Post by NEDKELLY » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 10:25 pm

I must admit I made a Statement to a mate well before the first footy was kicked in anger in 2012 that I didn't believe that it was any coincidence that the past 2 semi-successful years were when we had Steve Folkes as our defensive coach/trainer? With him gone at this very early stage the commitment in defence does not appear to be there and resembles those years with old Roycie?
Last edited by NEDKELLY on Fri 16 Mar, 2012 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DonnyBrasco

Post by DonnyBrasco » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 10:26 pm

NEDKELLY wrote:I must admit I made a Statement before the first footy was kicked in anger in 2012 that I didn't believe that it was any coincidence that the past 2 semi-successful years were when we had Steve Folkes as our defensive coach/trainer? With him gone at this very early stage the commitment in defence does not appear to be there and resembles those years with old Roycie?

Poor georgallis

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Tigers for 2022!

Jazza

Post by Jazza » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 10:46 pm

I dont think it has helped that we last our best defensive front rower (Gibbs) our main go forward man (Galloway) and then of course the heart and soul of the pack (Ellis). I'm not making up excuses but I am just pointing out that it isn't all because of Folkes not being there.

Also I think it's pretty obvious that Groat and Woods' D is still not up to first grade standard, it is still at Toyota Cup standard. It was my biggest worry when they decided to get rid of Gibbs and continues to be an issue in my opinion.
Gee its grouse at hardware house!

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 10:48 pm

Yeah and when Folkes came here a select few were blaming him for increased injuries and such. You're never going to please everyone.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

tigerlogic

Post by tigerlogic » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 10:48 pm

Jazzy I disagree about woods, but totally agree about groat, he's not quite up to it, especially not up for starting

badger

Post by badger » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 11:17 pm

Dont underestimate the impact of loosing Toddy Payton as well

Gazman

Post by Gazman » Fri 16 Mar, 2012 11:53 pm

I said exactly the same thing to a dragons supporter I was watching the game with. I think missing out on Moltzen to get Folkes was a far better result for them. I for one reckon he was the x factor that got us to the finals in the two years previously. Not giving up hope this early into the season, but gee the signs dont look good lets hope they take something out of this loss for next week.
:cry:

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 6:24 am

Yeah, the last 3 games have taken me back a few years. Wish they tried harder to keep Folkes.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 8:48 am

How many games did Folkes play again ??

They have a new side , are trying to play a different style of football Have a brand new spine and have injuries to 2 of our key forwards

And what , we didn't play badly when Folkes was here either Some people have short memories :brick:

FIFTY SIX

Post by FIFTY SIX » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 9:04 am

The loss of Folkes can not be contibuted to our poor form.

I think the 'Sack Sheens' theories should be re-visited. The man is seriously a very poor coach and has been for years. Coupled with his sidekick Humphreys, their general management, dishonesty and recruitment policies are a disgrace.

Why have all the players with NRL contracts play for one State Cup team ? Whats the point? It is a failure and it is destryoing the Wests Magpies.

It is not helping first grade.
Or is it to make sure that the Balmain members of the Wests Tigers board will always vote for these two people to keep their jobs?

Why release 3 top players in Gibbs, Fifita and Brown when we already lost Payten and Dwyer?

Why play GROAT in the team when he is seriously not ready yet and was one of the main reasons why we lost to the Warriors in the Semi's last year?

Why doesn't the captain speak with the coach AT ALL outside of football?

Seriously, SHEENS keeps on making the same mistakes, year after year.

Get rid of him.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 9:08 am

FIFTY SIX wrote:The loss of Folkes can not be contibuted to our poor form.

I think the 'Sack Sheens' theories should be re-visited. The man is seriously a very poor coach and has been for years. Coupled with his sidekick Humphreys, their general management, dishonesty and recruitment policies are a disgrace.

Why have all the players with NRL contracts play for one State Cup team ? Whats the point? It is a failure and it is destryoing the Wests Magpies.

Or is it to make sure that the Balmain members of the Wests Tigers board will always vote for these two people to keep their jobs?

Why release 3 top players in Gibbs, Fifita and Brown when we already lost Payten and Dwyer?

Why play GROAT in the team when he is seriously not ready yet and was one of the main reasons why we lost to the Warriors in the Semi's last year?

Get rid of him.
You sound like someone i used to know on this Forum

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 9:13 am

Im with you on the get rid of Sheens,and seriously if its true about the Captain and Coach not talking to each other then its no wonder we have the problems we have.
Does anybody really think not having big Keefy in the team is the reason we are so soft atm .
Ellis is a huge loss cause he plays 80 tough minutes , Keefy plays 16 minutes and gets a spell.keefy wont be back for say 7 weeks and then he will need a few to get some fitness back so what do we do until he returns .

Sunnycoast tiger

Post by Sunnycoast tiger » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 9:22 am

If you get rid of SHEENS who will you get to coach the side ???????

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 9:29 am

Steve Folkes would have been a good contender.
Just have a look at the Dogs ,out of the 8 last year they sign 1 new player ( a very tough front rower) clean out their garbage and they can put 30 on saints .Yeah i can hear it now , why dont you go and follow the dogs.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 9:31 am

junior05 wrote:If you get rid of SHEENS who will you get to coach the side ???????
Good post People on here are like the wind They change directions and opinions at a whim Did you expect at the start of the season that we would win 24 straight It has been said a thousand time before If you are off by 2% percent in this comp you will get punted We played badly last night and thats that get over it and start worrying about the Raiders game Where we are after 26 round is all that matters

Sheens is one of the three best coaches in the NRL and to replace him would be utter madness

tiger91

Post by tiger91 » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 9:55 am

FIFTY SIX wrote:The loss of Folkes can not be contibuted to our poor form.

Get rid of him.
Sheens and Farah not talking?

Could we get a source?

saundo55

Post by saundo55 » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 5:12 pm

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story - you must work for the Daily Crap