Folkes leaves what happens

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 16 March 7:30PM
Venue: Jubilee
Telecast: Ch 9
tigermaniac

Re: Folkes leaves what happens

Post by tigermaniac » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 5:59 pm

Snake wrote:When Folkes came to the Tigers it was apparent the attitude in the whole place changed we had some starch up front a though the team and made the top 4 for 2 years .Folkes leaves and we are now seeing what it was before he came to the club.Ihate to say it but the bad old Sheens days are back!.
Completely overlooked this change in preparation. Completely agree. Your assessment is spot on.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

DonnyBrasco

Post by DonnyBrasco » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 4:56 pm

tigermaniac wrote:
Snake wrote:When Folkes came to the Tigers it was apparent the attitude in the whole place changed we had some starch up front a though the team and made the top 4 for 2 years .Folkes leaves and we are now seeing what it was before he came to the club.Ihate to say it but the bad old Sheens days are back!.
Completely overlooked this change in preparation. Completely agree. Your assessment is spot on.

Some of you lot sound like roman abramovich, want to change coaches yearly, folkes did bring us some starch, but hes gone. How about the grown men on the pitch bring it themselves.

Tigers for 2022!

hellman

Post by hellman » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 6:10 pm

happy tiger wrote:How many games did Folkes play again ??
Obviously a lot more than I thought. Seriously this thread has to be a gee up ?

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 6:55 pm

We have had a major upheval on and off the field in every grade this off season.

It will take some time for a rythym to develop

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 8:02 pm

Tigerdave wrote:Yeah, the last 3 games have taken me back a few years. Wish they tried harder to keep Folkes.

Do agree that the last few games have been very much '2008', but I don't know whether you can attribute this to Folkes leaving the club. He was the strength and conditioning manager for WT, I don't think our strength or fitness have let us down, I think it's been poor attitude, lack of desire and bad defence which has let us down.

Anyway, 3 rounds in, I'm hardly concerned. We had a pretty pedestrian start to last season before we turned it on when it really mattered..
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 8:18 pm

FIFTY SIX wrote:The loss of Folkes can not be contibuted to our poor form.

I think the 'Sack Sheens' theories should be re-visited. The man is seriously a very poor coach and has been for years. Coupled with his sidekick Humphreys, their general management, dishonesty and recruitment policies are a disgrace.

Why have all the players with NRL contracts play for one State Cup team ? Whats the point? It is a failure and it is destryoing the Wests Magpies.

It is not helping first grade.
Or is it to make sure that the Balmain members of the Wests Tigers board will always vote for these two people to keep their jobs?

Why release 3 top players in Gibbs, Fifita and Brown when we already lost Payten and Dwyer?

Why play GROAT in the team when he is seriously not ready yet and was one of the main reasons why we lost to the Warriors in the Semi's last year?

Why doesn't the captain speak with the coach AT ALL outside of football?

Seriously, SHEENS keeps on making the same mistakes, year after year.

Get rid of him.
laughable, we have just run top 4 in consecutive years, it is round 3 and you want to sack the coach.

just in case people aren't aware, there is a loser in every game, and over time 50% of the games the team you follow will be the loser

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 8:53 pm

Get used to this thread!