Re: Never going to win that game

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 16 March 7:30PM
Venue: Jubilee
Telecast: Ch 9
habibsta33
Member
Member
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat 05 Sep, 2009 11:43 pm

Re: Never going to win that game

Post by habibsta33 » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 11:57 am

Lets be honest with all the background circumstances, the whole moltzen situation and their flogging at the hands of the bulldogs as well as a full house at their home ground we were never going to win this game. Put us in their place playing at Leichardt and we wouldve smashed any opposition. Plus the refeering shows that a 9-3 (0 to the tigers in the second half) penalty count really contributed to the way we played really never allowed us to get back into the game whilst they scored 4 trys directly from penalties instead of having to work it out of their own half. Dont underestimate the role of the officials in shaping the outcome of the game it really is unfortunate.

Considering these circumstances and the fact that were extremely slow starters to a season (i dont like it either) i cant understand why people are panicking. We lost 5 in a row in 2005 until we peaked and and we all know how that ended. All im saying is when we peak i really cant see us losing a game to any opposition. The question is when will shifty sheens have this team peaking...


Posted using RoarFEED 2012


happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41228
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 12:39 pm

The killer was the two tries just before half time The last one was annoying I will say this again If you come rushing out of the line you have to do two things Make the tackle firstly and then win the wrestle If you make the tackle it will always be classed a dominate tackle and then you win the wrestle

Lawrence did it against the Sharks and Benji last night Came screaming out of the line and didn't finish the tackle off in regards to the wrestle and next tackle we aren't set the middle of the ruck was exposed and we get scored on

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29613
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 12:41 pm

habibsta33 wrote:Lets be honest with all the background circumstances, the whole moltzen situation and their flogging at the hands of the bulldogs as well as a full house at their home ground we were never going to win this game. Put us in their place playing at Leichardt and we wouldve smashed any opposition. Plus the refeering shows that a 9-3 (0 to the tigers in the second half) penalty count really contributed to the way we played really never allowed us to get back into the game whilst they scored 4 trys directly from penalties instead of having to work it out of their own half. Dont underestimate the role of the officials in shaping the outcome of the game it really is unfortunate.

Considering these circumstances and the fact that were extremely slow starters to a season (i dont like it either) i cant understand why people are panicking. We lost 5 in a row in 2005 until we peaked and and we all know how that ended. All im saying is when we peak i really cant see us losing a game to any opposition. The question is when will shifty sheens have this team peaking...


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
We were in that position two weeks ago (Gibbs- Fafita) we smashed Cronulla by one :roll:
Youre making excuses for now....and hoping for the future based on the past

habibsta33
Member
Member
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat 05 Sep, 2009 11:43 pm

Post by habibsta33 » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 12:54 pm

Round one was a different situation we werent coming off a flogging and we didnt have a 9-3 penalty count in our favour. If we did we would have flogged them. Simple.
Im not making excuses we were horrible but im just saying the circumstances didnt help.



Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Fishsticks

Post by Fishsticks » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 12:57 pm

we wouldnt of won anywhere last night. st george were a class above. if we played like we did last night we would of not of beat any side in the nrl.

we dont have near a good enough pack or defence to conceed a 9-3 penalty count. and our "brilliant" attack is near non existant and we have alot of mediocre runners of the ball


User avatar
Pierre M7
Member
Member
Posts: 557
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 11:53 am
Location: Burwood

Post by Pierre M7 » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 1:09 pm

happy tiger wrote:The killer was the two tries just before half time The last one was annoying I will say this again If you come rushing out of the line you have to do two things Make the tackle firstly and then win the wrestle If you make the tackle it will always be classed a dominate tackle and then you win the wrestle

Lawrence did it against the Sharks and Benji last night Came screaming out of the line and didn't finish the tackle off in regards to the wrestle and next tackle we aren't set the middle of the ruck was exposed and we get scored on
That last try was also annoying because it came on the back of a stupid last tackle penalty by Groat for still holding the players leg -_-
"One flick and they're gone"

Image

1/4 chicken,chips
Member
Member
Posts: 1638
Joined: Sat 30 Jul, 2011 10:28 am

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 1:12 pm

so on your basis habibi we have 12 games every year we are never going to win.
Saints were a class above only because we were 10 levels below ourselves .
I cant handle the poor excuses for a lame effort .Even sheens said the same but not in those words.
Soulsearching i think it was .

Year of the Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 565
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 9:35 pm
Location: Brisbane via Leichardt

Post by Year of the Tiger » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 1:19 pm

We were in the game at 30 mins. Moltzen fumbles on our line, the crowd erupts, dragons score two soft tries, game over
2 October 2005 was the greatest day of my life ...

tigertales
Member
Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed 29 Jun, 2011 9:13 am

Post by tigertales » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 2:49 pm

I agree with you habibsta, let the doomsayers say what they want but after the weeks before effort by the Dragons and with that penalty count in front of a packed house we were no hope. Next week bouncing off that poor effort from our guys we beat the Raiders easy and then triple up against up Souths and the Broncos and once again all will be good in forum land until we get beat by a desperate Parra and then the doomsayers will feel more comfortable in that they can go back to bagging Sheens and the boys.

habibsta33
Member
Member
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat 05 Sep, 2009 11:43 pm

Post by habibsta33 » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 3:03 pm

Some people would just prefer to focus on the negatives and find a reason to hammer OUR team. I wonder if these were the same people reacting the same way after getting hammered by souths in 2010 and again in 2011, only to be cheering them on in the semis after finishing in the top 4 on both occasions. Cheer up people its round 3.


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22682
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 3:07 pm

So you saw all of this coming? does that include the penalty count?

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22682
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 3:10 pm

tigertales wrote:I agree with you habibsta, let the doomsayers say what they want but after the weeks before effort by the Dragons and with that penalty count in front of a packed house we were no hope. Next week bouncing off that poor effort from our guys we beat the Raiders easy and then triple up against up Souths and the Broncos and once again all will be good in forum land until we get beat by a desperate Parra and then the doomsayers will feel more comfortable in that they can go back to bagging Sheens and the boys.
So you have nothing negative at all to say about that perfomance? don't be scared to, it doesn't make you any less of a supporter

habibsta33
Member
Member
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat 05 Sep, 2009 11:43 pm

Post by habibsta33 » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 3:12 pm

To answer your question. Yes i saw this coming. If the penalty count stays 3-3 the scorelines alot closer then it ended up. They scored 4 trys directly off penalties, our defence was shocking but take away the penalties and our defence wouldnt have been exposed to the point were we let in 36 points against an attacking team like the dragons


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

User avatar
Montague Street
Member
Member
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu 26 Aug, 2010 11:51 pm
Location: Rozelle

Post by Montague Street » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 3:25 pm

habibsta33 wrote:To answer your question. Yes i saw this coming. If the penalty count stays 3-3 the scorelines alot closer then it ended up. They scored 4 trys directly off penalties, our defence was shocking but take away the penalties and our defence wouldnt have been exposed to the point were we let in 36 points against an attacking team like the dragons


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
But the penalties were not conjured up by the refs. That came about by the laziness in defence by the Tigers players.



Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Rugby League: The Game They Play in Hell

angeman
Member
Member
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 7:14 am

Post by angeman » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 3:34 pm

dragons had no beau scott or matt cooper so though we would have a decent crack at winning, yes.

habibsta33
Member
Member
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat 05 Sep, 2009 11:43 pm

Post by habibsta33 » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 3:34 pm

A 9-3 penalty count? Surely we werent that much lazier then the dragqueens if thats the case. Not to mention how they were allowed to take our players heads off without question.
We didnt deserve to win based on our performance but the referees didnt help our cause particularly in the second half when we were trying to mount a come back. Dont underestimate the power of the refs in demoralising a team and subsequenty affecting a sporting teams performance. We often speak about game changing moments, the officials can contribute too


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29613
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 3:39 pm

habibsta33 wrote:Some people would just prefer to focus on the negatives and find a reason to hammer OUR team. I wonder if these were the same people reacting the same way after getting hammered by souths in 2010 and again in 2011, only to be cheering them on in the semis after finishing in the top 4 on both occasions. Cheer up people its round 3.


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Bwahahaahaha...."Some people would just prefer to focus on the negatives" - your words.
"Never going to win that game" - your words....thats real positive. :roll:

You are still making excuses,......good teams control their destiny, looking at a penalty count is an excuse.

claws
Member
Member
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed 28 Oct, 2009 11:42 am

Post by claws » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 3:43 pm

But the penalties were not conjured up by the refs. That came about by the laziness in defence by the Tigers players.
Posted using RoarFEED 2012[/quote]

Laziness or tiredness - two different things. My view is the later. The boys are trying there guts out. At various times last night they were absolutely buggered. Go Weststigers!

Post Reply