Re: Never going to win that game

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 16 March 7:30PM
Venue: Jubilee
Telecast: Ch 9
cktiger

Re: Never going to win that game

Post by cktiger » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 3:44 pm

Year of the Tiger wrote:We were in the game at 30 mins. Moltzen fumbles on our line, the crowd erupts, dragons score two soft tries, game over
:lol: Was waiting for someone to blame the entire loss on Moltzen.
PS They didn't score directly after that fumble - we ended up getting the ball back. :crazy

habibsta33

Post by habibsta33 » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 3:46 pm

Ink you obviously dont play Rugby league or any sport for that matter to understand the role of the refs and penalties in influencing a game.

Me negative? Im not calling the team soft or calling for players to be dropped three weeks into a long season. Just showing support for the team WE supposedly support

Im not making excuses mate ive said numerous times we deserved to lose the match and that our defence was horrible. I was just trying to make a point about the circumstances but sorry for that buddy i wont post my opinions anymore

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 3:47 pm

claws wrote:But the penalties were not conjured up by the refs. That came about by the laziness in defence by the Tigers players.
Laziness or tiredness - two different things. My view is the later. The boys are trying there guts out. At various times last night they were absolutely buggered. Go Weststigers!
Tired?

I wonder why?

One bench player (Moors) getting 17 minutes, another (Meaney) getting 0 minutes....so basically 17 against 15, yeh I see why they were tired, especially when possession was 54% to the Dragons and 46% Wests Tigers....and completions
were 28/42 to them and 17/34 to us
Last edited by innsaneink on Sat 17 Mar, 2012 3:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 3:49 pm

habibsta33 wrote:Ink you obviously dont play Rugby league or any sport for that matter to understand the role of the refs and penalties in influencing a game.

Me negative? Im not calling the team soft or calling for players to be dropped three weeks into a long season. Just showing support for the team WE supposedly support

Im not making excuses mate ive said numerous times we deserved to lose the match and that our defence was horrible. I was just trying to make a point about the circumstances but sorry for that buddy i wont post my opinions anymore

FFS our own captain called his team soft.

What do you have to say about that?

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 3:52 pm

usually I try too see any type of positive in a bad situation. :D
this instance I won't. :x

last nights performance, regardless of penalty count, well it sucked , and that is being very polite. :oops:

don't give the ref's a reason to penalise your team.

fellas- you are the wests-tigers, not the concord/campbelltown cubs. :roll:
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 3:56 pm

habibsta33 wrote:Ink you obviously dont play Rugby league or any sport for that matter to understand the role of the refs and penalties in influencing a game.

I played for a while, I have been involved with jnrs for the last 9 or 10 years...go down watch the kids you'll see some doozy refs there mate

Theyre called 50/50's....they didnt go our way last night, good teams...real good teams can overcome this

What I have a problem with is to my way of thinking you gave the team no chance even before they ran out (thread title) ....thats just rubbish

I think there were two we couldve got that we didnt, but they ones we conceded from what I recall were all deserved penaltys, ie: our own fault

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 5:13 pm

how about those 2 high shots ...no penalty....they are joking with those 2 decisions....and not long after that they scored....but no excuses we were very flat

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 5:43 pm

cktiger wrote:
Year of the Tiger wrote:We were in the game at 30 mins. Moltzen fumbles on our line, the crowd erupts, dragons score two soft tries, game over
:lol: Was waiting for someone to blame the entire loss on Moltzen.
PS They didn't score directly after that fumble - we ended up getting the ball back. :crazy
Didn't blame moltzen ck, it was the turning point. Crowd got into the game at that point. They scored two tries within 5 minutes, and our heads dropped
2 October 2005 was the greatest day of my life ...

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 8:24 pm

habibsta - you have to admit that you were licking your lips after you heard that cooper and scott were out.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 9:29 pm

innsaneink wrote:
claws wrote:But the penalties were not conjured up by the refs. That came about by the laziness in defence by the Tigers players.
Laziness or tiredness - two different things. My view is the later. The boys are trying there guts out. At various times last night they were absolutely buggered. Go Weststigers!
Tired?

I wonder why?

One bench player (Moors) getting 17 minutes, another (Meaney) getting 0 minutes....so basically 17 against 15, yeh I see why they were tired, especially when possession was 54% to the Dragons and 46% Wests Tigers....and completions
were 28/42 to them and 17/34 to us
Yep, but Sheens will never address this, for some reason. He just likes to :deadhorse:

The penalty count was pretty lame for sure, but in no way did the refs cost us the win. They made some blunders, both for and against us. We played crap and St George played very well - their defence was outstanding. They were obviously determined to make up for their inept display last week. Let's hope we can do the same next week. However, I think our days of 'smashing' teams is well and truly over - we are not that good. I'd just be happy to win, tbh.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

tigertales

Post by tigertales » Tue 20 Mar, 2012 8:20 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
tigertales wrote:I agree with you habibsta, let the doomsayers say what they want but after the weeks before effort by the Dragons and with that penalty count in front of a packed house we were no hope. Next week bouncing off that poor effort from our guys we beat the Raiders easy and then triple up against up Souths and the Broncos and once again all will be good in forum land until we get beat by a desperate Parra and then the doomsayers will feel more comfortable in that they can go back to bagging Sheens and the boys.
So you have nothing negative at all to say about that perfomance? don't be scared to, it doesn't make you any less of a supporter
Plenty of negatives I could say, halves were terrible, kicking game awful, forwards dominated etc etc but whats the point. They got done and they will win this weekend and the next two with or without Farah. See I could also say whinge whinge whinge we have lost Farah as well but instead I will say, it gives a kid a chance and will allow Farah to fix his niggles. Half empty vs half full.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 20 Mar, 2012 8:53 am

AmericanHistoryX wrote:habibsta - you have to admit that you were licking your lips after you heard that cooper and scott were out.
I don't know about that AHX The more players that are out in the opposition the less focussed we seem to be Sometimes I wish we played teams at full strength at least you know we will be 100% on the ball