ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 16 March 7:30PM
Venue: Jubilee
Telecast: Ch 9
hybrid_tiger

Our interchange policy

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 12:57 am

It stinks.

Sheens always uses the same plan. He works out his subs and their exact timings before the game and so pays absolutely no regard to how we are traveling during the game except when injury strikes.

Last night was a perfect example. Groat was clearly struggling, so you think he would alter his strategy? Of course not.

Moors only played 17 minutes and Meaney didn't even make it on the field.

Am I the only one who finds this ridiculous? Have a plan before the game, sure, but to not alter this plan to adapt to the way the game is unfolding is shortsighted.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 1:04 am

Its all about finding a winger who will give you a great 5 mins at the end of the game. Thats the key to premiership success

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 1:35 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:It stinks.

Sheens always uses the same plan. He works out his subs and their exact timings before the game and so pays absolutely no regard to how we are traveling during the game except when injury strikes.

Last night was a perfect example. Groat was clearly struggling, so you think he would alter his strategy? Of course not.

Moors only played 17 minutes and Meaney didn't even make it on the field.

Am I the only one who finds this ridiculous? Have a plan before the game, sure, but to not alter this plan to adapt to the way the game is unfolding is shortsighted.
Yeah I think Woods was a shot duck as well Hybrid The 4th reserve has to be a true utility , even if it is to play lock Reddy fits the bill as well as anyone in the club imo Fulton to a degree

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 6:55 am

I dont understand the "Not using all the resources" Thing either.

However I know that in a game like this when we were not traveling well, The coach may have opted to give the two young props more game time to help them understand their level of fitness, development etc.

Moors and Bell were underused.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 9:17 am

The interchange strategy needs to be adaptable, I don't think you can structure it purely based on minutes played by players.

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 9:25 am

agreed , as soon as a player starts to slow up he begins to be a liability , slow to get back , no punch in his runs ,groat was on for ten minutes to long , and when you have players like moores , bmm , bell , use them keep them fresh and charging hard at opposition and hurting them in defence

tigermaniac

Post by tigermaniac » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 9:31 am

How about a coach on the bench. Robbie can make the call. At times we are looking stale. Change in direction required.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 9:36 am

we got 2 coaches , old magpie georgarles , hes bought nothing to us , folks left and we have gone backwards

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 9:45 am

andrew 474 wrote:agreed , as soon as a player starts to slow up he begins to be a liability , slow to get back , no punch in his runs ,groat was on for ten minutes to long , and when you have players like moores , bmm , bell , use them keep them fresh and charging hard at opposition and hurting them in defence
Groat was interchanged at the 16 min mark....youre suggesting he be changed at 6 minutes???
We only have 10 to get thru 80 minutes you know.....its a balancing act....more required at the back end of games when fatigue and injuries are more likely to occur
we got 2 coaches , old magpie georgarles , hes bought nothing to us , folks left and we have gone backwards
You mean Steve Georgallis, do you?
Brought nothing?
Maybe you'd like to expand on this theory, maybe use other assistant coaches as an example...I'm genuinely intersted, really!

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 9:49 am

our assistant coach folks is at the dragons now and they belted us friday night or dont you have a tv

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 9:52 am

Yeh, OK....im going now....leave you to it.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 10:28 am

andrew 474 wrote:we got 2 coaches , old magpie georgarles , hes bought nothing to us , folks left and we have gone backwards
Andrew how are we worse off....give me a break panic merchant....its round 3....every year we have a few shockers just like most of the teams....how can you blame georgallis.....

Guys sheens isn't the only one that that sometimes doesn't use all his 17.But as much as i like sheens i do think the other night having meaney sitting there the whole 80 min is a bit strange...but im sure there is a reason that none of us know about.I think heino and fulton and farah should have played less minutes

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 10:37 am

Put simply ,Sheens got it wrong .
He played two rookie props as starters and he had no comeback after his error.
Groats defence cost us the game .
Seriously ,when has our interchange ever worked?
I agree about rhino,i think we should start blooding another lock and use rhino as an impact player .Sorry Rhino your one of my faves.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 11:12 am

Yep, its all Georgies fault. By God don't dare blame Sheens :roll:

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 11:14 am

dont blame anyone if we dont know the in and outs....i know when simmons was assistant he looked after the interchange but who knows now.

russelldp

Post by russelldp » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 6:35 pm

That game was gone a long way from full time. In days gone by, coaches used to drag underperforming stars with 20 minutes to go just to make a point.

I think Moltzen should have suffered this indignity. The Dragons fans would have given him the send-off his performance deserved.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 8:00 pm

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:Put simply ,Sheens got it wrong .
He played two rookie props as starters and he had no comeback after his error.
Groats defence cost us the game .

Seriously ,when has our interchange ever worked?
I agree about rhino,i think we should start blooding another lock and use rhino as an impact player .Sorry Rhino your one of my faves.
Yep, coaches just starting out usually make this error.

Yep, but we chose to get rid of Gibbs

Ahh....it is often misused to the detriment of the team
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

biggest tigers fan

Post by biggest tigers fan » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 8:02 pm

If the teams went down to 16 players,sheens would still use 15
Number 1 souffs hater