the bench

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Monday 26 March 7:00PM
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: Fox2
Tigerdale

the bench

Post by Tigerdale » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 6:24 pm

firstly,i will say i am a massive Tim Sheens fan, and cannot believe the crap our coach cops from some so called 'fans'

but if we get smashed up the middle tonight and lose to the raiders, he will be receiving a letter from me telling him why he no longer has the support from someone who has idolised him ever since i went to the same school as him and have looked up to him as a coach.

we have 2 young kids in the front row, and all season have been bashed up front. to go into this game with a fullback turn halfback, and a winger turn centre on the bench is an absolute disgrace. in the process, he has dumped our best front rower so far in 2012.

you better hope we win tim, or you lose one of your biggest fans.

Dale

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 6:26 pm

Tigerdale wrote:firstly,i will say i am a massive Tim Sheens fan, and cannot believe the sh*t our coach cops from some so called 'fans'

but if we get smashed up the middle tonight and lose to the raiders, he will be receiving a letter from me telling him why he no longer has the support from someone who has idolised him ever since i went to the same school as him and have looked up to him as a coach.

we have 2 young kids in the front row, and all season have been bashed up front. to go into this game with a fullback turn halfback, and a winger turn centre on the bench is an absolute disgrace. in the process, he has dumped our best front rower so far in 2012.

Dale
Be wary Dale, last time I criticised a light bench we actually ran 49 points past the Raiders last year.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Tigerdale

Post by Tigerdale » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 6:27 pm

that's fine, and if we do win and don't get bashed through the middle i'll give credit for a gameplan that worked.

but that's a big IF at this stage

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 6:35 pm

Tigerdale wrote:firstly,i will say i am a massive Tim Sheens fan, and cannot believe the sh*t our coach cops from some so called 'fans'

Dale
Completely agree and well said.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 6:41 pm

I am guessing the plan is to run their big forwards off the park.

Likely will work.

However...................if any of our forwards are hurt early, we really will be in a world of trouble. A big risk, especially as our props are just kids and Gareth is carrying an injury already.

tiger sean

Post by tiger sean » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 6:50 pm

I wish Junior Moors would get more game time.
Everytime he has played he has impressed me with his go forward.
Obviously I am not at training everyday and Sheens would see him all the time so I will give him the benefit of the doubt as to why he chooses to not play Moors very much.
But to me from the surface it seems crazy.

LaT

Post by LaT » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 6:57 pm

Can't believe Moors dropped off.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

monkey

Post by monkey » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 7:00 pm

Abit small only 2 forwards hopefully it pays off

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 7:02 pm

This plan can still be a success yet we dont get the result we want....winning or losing doesnt determine if this works or not

Tigerdale

Post by Tigerdale » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 9:44 pm

this is going to be fun

willow

Post by willow » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 9:47 pm

Well I thought the bench selection was an act of lunacy prior to the game, and it certainly proved to be just that tonight.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 9:47 pm

Tigerdale wrote:this is going to be fun
Let us know what you tell him mate

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 9:56 pm

The Sheens lovers will come in and show their support like they always do , but hats off to dale for making his point before the game . The Tigers are stale and have been for the past 3 years .With our roster we should be in the top 8 every year and challenging for the title ,but Sheens will never make a change,he just keeps on with the same players regadless of how they perform . surely we have a few young wingers with some pace who we can slot in and feed off the great Benji , no we just keep putting slow guys in there week in week out .Our hooker is out so we play a small backrower in his place , what no backup hooker in any grade ?tell me what does Meaney offer our side ?even if he does only get the last 5 minutes in most games he plays .
NO MORE EXCUSES FOR ME get the results or move on .

Stripes96
Location: Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most

Post by Stripes96 » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 9:58 pm

1/4 chicken,chips wrote: The Tigers are stale and have been for the past 3 years .With our roster we should be in the top 8 every year and challenging for the title
What? Top four two years running means nothing?

Coast Tiger

Post by Coast Tiger » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 10:00 pm

We're struggling in the middle. We need more big men and for them to be rotated more

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 10:02 pm

NOT WHEN YOU GO OUT WITH A FIZZLE ...

Tigerdale

Post by Tigerdale » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 10:02 pm

i am not going to bash sheens. we have been a bounce of the ball away from back to back Grand Finals. he has coached 650 games for a reason.

but his decisions tonight were extremely questionable, and i would like an explanation as to why he went the way he did.

blind freddy could of seen we were going to be out muscled, and the raiders won the ruck, won the battle on the ground, and then with a back pedalling defensive line were able to spin the ball wide in acres of space.

i cannot question the commitment of the side. scramble defence was fantastic, we didn't give up, we just weren't good enough, looked ever so tired, and i put that squarely at the fault of no impact coming off the bench to give us some line speed, or fresh legs.

the game has now changed, and you need 17 players to contribute. we picked a side that only had 15 tonight, and that is why i am questioning the coach

Tigerdale

Post by Tigerdale » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 10:21 pm

my head hurts.

i'm going to sleep on it and write the letter tomoro !

will post it here also