Groat's fitness?

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Monday 26 March 7:00PM
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: Fox2
GNR4LIFE

Re: Groat's fitness?

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 11:45 am

Nothing about this kid has ever impressed me. Yes i know he's young, but i remember watching Woods debut thinking to myself 'gee this kid can play', something i have never ever thought about Groat. He's never stood out to me, except for the Warriors final last yr where he made crucial back to back errors. Give me Fifita 8 days a week over this kid. For all of Fifita's faults, he had 1 thing that Groat will never have, an X-factor

willow

Post by willow » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 12:26 pm

russelldp wrote:I actually feel for Groat. Surely the Coach can see its time for a spell in the lower grades for the youngster?

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Agree. Moors and Bell look up to it, as does BMM but I'd prefer to see him in the backrow. Groat needs to play some big minutes in State Cup I think, get his match fitness up and then use him off the interchange bench.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 12:29 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Nothing about this kid has ever impressed me. Yes i know he's young, but i remember watching Woods debut thinking to myself 'gee this kid can play', something i have never ever thought about Groat. He's never stood out to me, except for the Warriors final last yr where he made crucial back to back errors. Give me Fifita 8 days a week over this kid. For all of Fifita's faults, he had 1 thing that Groat will never have, an X-factor
Groat isn't that bad for someone of that age learning that position Thing is Woods is that good GNR

adamtiger

Post by adamtiger » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 1:26 pm

Hes just been thrown in the deep end and at the moment there is knowone else to replace him with.....

but to everyone that is saying fifita should be there instead of groat i'll take a kid anyday of the week who at least is trying his guts out and puts ina t ttraining in comparision to a stubborn arrogant pig that only plays for himself

Merlot Tiger

Post by Merlot Tiger » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 1:38 pm

Groat is fefinately not up to 1st grade standard at the moment. Way off. A young prop that needs to star in a lower grade for a while to get his confidence and fitness up. BMM needs to be starting prop with Groat dropped. He really struggled last night. Where as I felt the other forwrds put in some effort. Woods stood up and got stuck in, Ellis was as usual very good, BMM was good and will grow in stature when given the responsibilty of a starting prop role.

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 1:41 pm

Merlot Tiger wrote:Groat is fefinately not up to 1st grade standard at the moment. Way off. A young prop that needs to star in a lower grade for a while to get his confidence and fitness up. BMM needs to be starting prop with Groat dropped. He really struggled last night. Where as I felt the other forwrds put in some effort. Woods stood up and got stuck in, Ellis was as usual very good, BMM was good and will grow in stature when given the responsibilty of a starting prop role.
Don't think effort is the word you are looking for their. I don't anyone can question his effort, it is obvious he is giving 110%.

You want to question effort, look at Adam Blair.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 1:43 pm

adamtiger wrote:Hes just been thrown in the deep end and at the moment there is knowone else to replace him with.....

but to everyone that is saying fifita should be there instead of groat i'll take a kid anyday of the week who at least is trying his guts out and puts ina t ttraining in comparision to a stubborn arrogant pig that only plays for himself
BMM, Bell and Moors are all better options then Groat. Word is Galloway will be back this week, so with him in the starting side, i'd like to see a bench of BMM, Moors, Bell and a fourth forward, but Meaney will most probably get another run :brick:

Merlot Tiger

Post by Merlot Tiger » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 1:50 pm

I think that's even more concerning from Groat if that's his 110%