Kickoff: Monday 26 March 7:00PM
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: Fox2
westTAHger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: That was Jacob Miller's 5th Game in 1st Grade

Post by westTAHger » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 7:09 am

Snake wrote:leave Miller at 1/2 for the rest off the season..it's time to sink or swim for this position if he fails get the chq book out and buy one for 2013.
I agree.
the halves, need stability. how are good combos going to happen if you keep chopping and changing. i know sometimes injury/suspension may force your hand, otherwise don't change it :roll:
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold

" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie

Andyvee

Post by Andyvee » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 10:25 am

I reckon Miller was the only positive to take away from this game. He did some really good things in a well beaten pack. And he handled the pressure pretty well. Stick with him for the rest of the year, it can't get much worse.

Also Reddy did some good things out there. Should become a very good buy, me thinks!

cusschops

Post by cusschops » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 12:21 pm

I am at sea atm and could only listen to the game via radio. Im not a fan of Miller. I actually can't believe Sheens broke this early. He should have stuck with Moltzen at half back and left Humble at the back. In saying this I don't care who plays half atm, they will struggle behind our forward pack. As I said, I didn't see the game but I've seen enough of Miller in the Toyota Cup that tells me he's not the man for our job. Hurry back Keithy!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 12:32 pm

I know a few are knocking Miller , but tell me when has Miller played behind a full strength Tigers pack ??

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 12:40 pm

I agree leave Miller @ half & Moltzen @ fullback & see what happens, we cant get any worse or can we.

dermo

Post by dermo » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 12:43 pm

3 runs for 21 metres and 7 missed tackles, now im happy to stick with him but seriously if Moltzen returned those stats you wouldve had a 1000 post thread calling for his head. Maybe now some of the Moltzen bashers realise that no halfback can do anything behind a s*** forward pack

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 12:59 pm

alexaki wrote:where was DCE after his 5th game in the NRL..?...no comparison!
DCE was alot more advanced in his 5th game, but he was also 2years older and more seasoned. 2 years of development is huge.

DCE played (and dominated) NYC until he was 20 and had a full season in Q cup and played very well there.

Im not suggesting Miller will be as good as DCE, but I think the comparison is unfair.

Miller was OK last night, I thought his defence had improved considerably, which is nice to see, a young player workig on a perceived weakness.

I think people expect too much of players at times

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by southerntiger » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 1:25 pm

dermo wrote:3 runs for 21 metres and 7 missed tackles, now im happy to stick with him but seriously if Moltzen returned those stats you wouldve had a 1000 post thread calling for his head. Maybe now some of the Moltzen bashers realise that no halfback can do anything behind a s*** forward pack
Stats dont always tell a full story. Molzten was criticised because he offered nothing even when our forward pack wasnt being dominated. We competed against the Sharks and Manly but in both games Moltzen was awful.

A couple of the missed tackles from Miller were effective in stopping the player to allow another player to cover in defence. He took some mighty hits in defence.

Have a look at Marshall's stats - the so called best player in the world - before you start using Miller's stats to rate his prospects.

mtd

Post by mtd » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 1:32 pm

problem is, sheens structures the game around marshall and when he's gonna chime in.

the halfback, no matter who it is, doesnt seem to have control.. which they should..

i'd like to see moltzen given full reign to run the game next week and marshall can play off him.. how it was in 05 with prince

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by southerntiger » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 2:15 pm

mtd wrote:problem is, sheens structures the game around marshall and when he's gonna chime in.

the halfback, no matter who it is, doesnt seem to have control.. which they should..

i'd like to see moltzen given full reign to run the game next week and marshall can play off him.. how it was in 05 with prince
I wouldnt. Moltzen has no kicking game. He is the wrong player for that type of game.

mtd

Post by mtd » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 2:41 pm

southerntiger wrote:
mtd wrote:problem is, sheens structures the game around marshall and when he's gonna chime in.

I wouldnt. Moltzen has no kicking game. He is the wrong player for that type of game.
moltzen has the best kicking game in our team, which is why i am so confused that we never ever see it.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 4:16 pm

When have you seen it MTD?
Oh you just said youve never seen it, neither have I.

Cronk or JT would be able to do little with our go forward last night....give Miller a break

BingPringle

Post by BingPringle » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 4:20 pm

MILLER,,,5 games to many!! Back to Menai C Grade...

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by southerntiger » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 4:30 pm

mtd wrote:
southerntiger wrote:

moltzen has the best kicking game in our team, which is why i am so confused that we never ever see it.
No. Moltzen reportedly has the longest kick at the club but in a game scenario it is pathetic.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 4:43 pm

mtd wrote:
southerntiger wrote:

What a load of CRAP this is!!

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 6:58 pm

and as per a seperate post Miller is injured. That's why he completely dissappeared in the second half.
Terrible news for him as he's the only halfback we have atm and looked good.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

cusschops

Post by cusschops » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 10:58 pm

Miller out! Humble in! Moltzen to fullback. Let's try another combo!