Credit to Canberra

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Monday 26 March 7:00PM
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: Fox2
milford_magic

Credit to Canberra

Post by milford_magic » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 11:16 pm

While some of our play was bewildering - How good were Canberra?

They just looked in a different class to us. They honestly reminded me of the Tigers 2005. There backs were incredible, they were honestly two classes above us. There forwards have always been good. They are simple, they just get the ball and charge forward. If I was to pick a combined Tigers/Raiders merged side Id be lucky to pick 5 Tigers players. We talk about how good Ellis and Woods are when they charge the ball up and gain 10+ metres in a hitup, how nice would it be to have 5 starting guys who can do that and another 3 coming off the bench??

Goodluck to Canberra, with forwards who go forwards, and backs with pace and class. If they hold the ball like they did tonight theyll be tough to beat.

dimitri

Post by dimitri » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 8:31 am

Anyone can look good when they get that amount of possession.

We were leading at half time.

It was a 1-6 penalty count in the second half.

The only penalty we got was late in the game and seemed like a square up after the referees got a tip-off on the lob sided count.

To not touch the ball for 20min in the second half, we were lucky the score wasn't 50+.

Illek

Post by Illek » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 8:39 am

Canberra were deserving of the win and played well, I agree they deserved it, and I'm sure Raider Joey is enjoying it. I didn't feel the dragons beat us by playing well, we were just to terrible, Canberra however did turn up to play and were effective, so credit them. Hopefully next week we turn it around, or the season highlight may soon be the parra v tigers games to decide the spoon :lol:

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 9:10 am

yep they played very well. We were bad but they were very good as well. Not sure they can keep it up all year but kudos to them for the performance last night.

rossop

Post by rossop » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 9:21 am

After Canberra's first round game against Melbourne I had a dabble on them to win the comp at $26. They are due for a good year and I honestly would not back anyone at shorter odds than that at this time of the year. They are playing well and I have always liked them even though Laurie Daley is a pedantic bore and makes me want to chuck my guts up every time he opens his mouth.

In 2005, if you were smart, you could have gotten 150/1 about us winning the comp. Do not fret gentle folk, if we keep playing like we are, you will be able to get those kind of odds again in the not too distant future! :mrgreen:

Raider_Joey

Post by Raider_Joey » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 6:22 pm

Illek wrote:Canberra were deserving of the win and played well, I agree they deserved it, and I'm sure Raider Joey is enjoying it. I didn't feel the dragons beat us by playing well, we were just to terrible, Canberra however did turn up to play and were effective, so credit them. Hopefully next week we turn it around, or the season highlight may soon be the parra v tigers games to decide the spoon :lol:
Absolutely, I'm enjoying it. Great win for us, and I was really surprised by, both what we dished out and what you dished out. Thought we could have won by a far greater margin, but a win is a win and especially against the Tigers whom we have really struggled against in the past. Was really pleased to see Robinson, Campese and Croker have outstanding games.

All in all, really pleased and until the next Raiders vs Tigers battle, good luck.

willow

Post by willow » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 8:38 pm

Full credit to the Raiders last night. They beat the Tigers at their own game, particularly with some of their last tackle running which caught the Tigers short. Really though, they made enough line breaks to put 50 on the Tigers, I don't know how they didn't. All in all though, they look sharp, mobile and strong.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 10:34 pm

We made them look good :bawling