Marshall

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Sunday 1 April 3:00PM
Venue: SCG
Telecast: Ch9 Delay
hybrid_tiger

Marshall

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 4:57 pm

Up by 12 with 10 to go so what do you do? Go down the blind side off the scrum and get taken into touch with a full set of six up your sleeve.

16-all with no time on the clock so what do you do? Try a chip and chase in your own half and give the ball straight back to them.

WHY ARE WE SO DUMB!?

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 5:01 pm

Benji just will never, ever, ever, ever learn mate.

He's been great............but his mistakes have ended our past two seasons.

He just never, ever, ever closes out a game using ANY football brain at all.

We desperately need a strong half to tell him to get the hell away from the ball when the game is near an end and let the 7 take over. Benji is brilliant, but his 'common sense' footy IQ is borderline moronic.

biggest tigers fan

Post by biggest tigers fan » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 5:01 pm

agree.I was shocked when he chipped.I was hoping he would go for the fg when we had that scrum up by 12
Number 1 souffs hater

willow

Post by willow » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 5:01 pm

Good question Hybrid, although I'm not sure anyone has an answer. Benji has often said he plays what he sees in front him, but I'm buggered if I can work out what he was thinking with those 2 plays.

God help us against the Broncos next week.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 5:03 pm

Why do we always try and score off every play?

We never ever learn. How dumb can you be. Seriously you have to be borderline retarded to even think about doing something like that.

I love Marshall to death but he is one of the main reasons why we can never close out games. Those two plays were a joke.

Before anyone says it there is a difference between chancing your arm and just being plain DUMB.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 5:03 pm

Paul Carrige says hello

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 5:04 pm

Yeah and i would love to have a look at those 2 penaltys they got also which gave them a piggyback....

Benji with his coach killers again....

I feel bloody terrible you could only imagine how the players and coach feels

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 5:04 pm

this is the reason marshall should never be tagged as our official number 7.

Golden

Post by Golden » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 5:07 pm

I am done I am seriously done, I am sick of talking about the same brain dead dumb mental problems this team has you could see it coming from the time Luke scored that try, what can you do?? all this team does is break my heart Im starting to thiink if it is worth it anymore

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 5:08 pm

willow wrote:Good question Hybrid, although I'm not sure anyone has an answer. Benji has often said he plays what he sees in front him, but I'm buggered if I can work out what he was thinking with those 2 plays.

God help us against the Broncos next week.

It's because he's had a senile coach for years who has never taught him how to play high percentage footy to close out games. You don't see Lockyer make idiotic plays in the final stages of games.

Benji is 27. He's just never grown up mentally as a footballer and Sheens should be held accountable.

If he had of had Bennet or Hasler as his coach, he'd of been an immortal. Instead, he's a freakish talent who makes dumb mistakes.........same as he was in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 cost us the semi, 2011 cost us the warriors semi.

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 5:10 pm

Golden wrote:I am done I am seriously done, I am sick of talking about the same brain dead dumb mental problems this team has you could see it coming from the time Luke scored that try, what can you do?? all this team does is break my heart Im starting to thiink if it is worth it anymore

I feel the same mate,but hang in there.

It's just a crying shame the coach has never taught these guys how to close out games. Same stuff now since they were kids, and most are 26 or older now. Same mistakes as when they were rookies.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 5:13 pm

cnx your kidding....so in your eyes this is sheens....i give up

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 5:15 pm

That was an unbelievably dumb play, we threw that game away and on the back of some good defence in the 1st half as well.

At 17-4 with what? 8 minutes to go and getting the ball back, we would have been home and hosed.

Golden

Post by Golden » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 5:18 pm

Tigerdave wrote:That was an unbelievably dumb play, we threw that game away and on the back of some good defence in the 1st half as well.

At 17-4 with what? 8 minutes to go and getting the ball back, we would have been home and hosed.
but we don't play smart like the dragons and the storm and kick field goals, we instead on the first tackle try and be heroes. this will never change when Sheens is coach he's last the players

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 5:32 pm

as much as i'm against anasta coming to us next year, him in the 7 today would of wrapped that up for us.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 5:35 pm

glebe_tiger wrote:as much as i'm against anasta coming to us next year, him in the 7 today would of wrapped that up for us.
Spot on. Too little too late anyway, we had the chance in the last two years, no Ellis next season, our cycle is over.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 5:35 pm

glebe_tiger wrote:as much as i'm against anasta coming to us next year, him in the 7 today would of wrapped that up for us.

I certainly think he would have been calling for a field goal when we were at the Bunnies line at 16-4

Thaiger14

Post by Thaiger14 » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 5:39 pm

I don't want to make a character assassination of him because I love it when he is praised by the media, good promotion for the game and tigers. But he really is clearly too cocky and thinks he is much better than he is. It is a good thing to have confidence but another to be outright cocky. To say in the media this morning that our three international forwards need to step up (Ellis, Blair, Heighno) is just absolutely stupid. No other captain I have seen in the game have specifically blamed certain players in the team or send out messages to them when they are not the underlying problem! He needs to come back down from earth and spend some time away from the media. This should help part of his game.