Marshall

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Sunday 1 April 3:00PM
Venue: SCG
Telecast: Ch9 Delay
shane2801

Re: Marshall

Post by shane2801 » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 6:13 pm

Great to hear some critisism of our "never do wrong" number 6. I've been saying it for years. Too inconsistant. Had a good first half though.

Phil Gould makes me sick the way he wraps him for minutes on end. An absolute lovefest.

Then again Phil Gould just makes me sick...
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

Black Orange White

Post by Black Orange White » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 6:20 pm

Window is over. I'm going to enjoy the 2006-2009 years revisited. This year is over, how will they ever recover from this? It's happened last 2 years, ended our year. A coach who will not teach them how to close out games, I'm calling this year dusted. Of course I want them to win, but realistically we will challenge for the spoon more than the premiership. As long as Sheens is sacked and we bring someone else I will be fine with this watershed year.

gazroc

Post by gazroc » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 6:25 pm

Marshall proved today that he has no brains or patience! Puts Beau Ryan into touch on the first play with minutes to go, turnover, he we go again forwards lets defend his mistakes again. Forwards do well the keep them out, with ten seconds left we are going to golden point, but wait Marshall chip kicks the ball, Souths say what Da!.

chafic ladkani

Post by chafic ladkani » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 6:41 pm

We r so dumb

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 6:46 pm

Lovemytigers wrote:You people are pathetic...
I'm done too....done with this bulls**t forum.

Benji was amazing and you lot are too busy boo hooing to realise how special he is.

Yeah we lost, so what.

Go "support" someone esle.

Well said.

There are some almighty pea hearts on here who have no idea how good we have it.

hellman

Post by hellman » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 6:49 pm

Lovemytigers wrote:Benji was amazing and you lot are too busy boo hooing to realise how special he is.
He was great wasn't he. I'm also unsure if it was really his fault we lost - yes he should have closed the game down however some of those missed tackles were simply terrible at that stage of the game. Also the penalties were pretty rough even though I don't blame the ref.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 6:59 pm

Lovemytigers wrote:You people are pathetic...
I'm done too....done with this bulls**t forum.

Benji was amazing and you lot are too busy boo hooing to realise how special he is.

Yeah we lost, so what.

Go "support" someone esle.
He did some amazing things but he wasnt amazing. Were you at the ground are did you watch tele and listen to Gould buttering him up?

The first 10 minutes is where you set the platform. We did it perfectly today. The pigs were stuck in, Moltz kicked a superb 40-20 and we scored from the scrum. It was perfect. Melbourne could not have done any better.

We then went away from this. Benji started wrecking our attacking raids with his sideways running and short kicking. We started getting field position late in the second half and Marshall got us over the stripe twice. Again, perfect. Then in the last 10, when the worlds best players close the game, Benji tries to get creative. Some of his plays in that last 10 minutes were astonishingly aweful.

Look at last night. Cronulla were winning, then got run down. Did they panick? No. They got field position and took the points.

Just about every dominant half in the game would have got us home today. It was a shame Rob was missing because he would have kicked that field goal 16-4 and then said to Benj alright, now have a crack. That is what a true pro does.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:00 pm

I thought Benji was awesome today. He had a few try assists that not many other players could have conjured up. He plays what he sees.
That chip and chase would have been the best of his magic tricks. I have no idea what he was thinking but I'm glad it didn't comeback to hurt us.
Definately our best player today.

Pistol_Pete

Post by Pistol_Pete » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:02 pm

I think Benji likes the foot stadium. Not since Brian Lara hit his 370 odd in 1993 have so many balls cannoned into the moore park trust picket fences. The best bit is we at least waited to the 3rd and 4th to do it this week instead of the 1st and 2nd

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:05 pm

Allan Towle wrote:I thought Benji was awesome today. He had a few try assists that not many other players could have conjured up. He plays what he sees.
That chip and chase would have been the best of his magic tricks. I have no idea what he was thinking but I'm glad it didn't comeback to hurt us.
Definately our best player today.

Look he was fantastic for 70 minutes but was braindead in the last 10.

IMO it is a huge issue that he can't close out a game. Those two plays were ridiculous.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:05 pm

Not saying he wasnt good Allan. Its just I am still to be convinced he has a 'football brain'.

Close the game down and then have some fun. Benji did his job today. he had 3 try assists, defended pretty well and kicked some good goals.

But it all counts for nought if you are not clinical enough to win the game when it is there to win. A field goal at 16-4 and souths would have shut up shop. They were invited back in and took full advantage.

ragedmachine

Post by ragedmachine » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:05 pm

The problem I see is that Benji has too much dictation with every play close to the line.

His style is to float across and create an opportunity for the outside backs, but it's becoming very predictable that we can only score from our wingers. Take note of the 2 attempted small chips when hen runs right and gets lost for ideas, or the grubbers that go dead over the end goal.

Humble needs to step up. In fact whoever we put in the number 7 needs to step up and take responsibility away from Marshall.

He has a 6 on his back and shouldn't be dictating every play. I think it's time we put him at fullback so he can focus on his footwork and try scoring ability.

I'm a big fan and this is only what I think should fix our problems. The team is working around him too much.

Ps. Has any other player other than a winger scored this season, besides Ellis?

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:10 pm

The bottom line is that Sterlo....................Wally..........................Mal....................Freddie....................Joey........................Locky.........................their teams just always won these games.

Benji's just find ways to lose.

If this was basketball, Benji would be a guy who takes a 3 point shot when you are up 1 with 6 seconds to play instead of simply taking the foul and shooting free throws. His decisions just don't make sense.

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:12 pm

Some of you guys are unreal. We were up by 12 with 6 mins left. Did benji do the 2 strips that led to penalties and 2 tries? Did he miss the tackles on the line for those 2 soft tries? Did he throw that god awful pathetic pass from dummy half in extra time to put us under the pump for the last 2 tackles?

Get a clue

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:13 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:The bottom line is that Sterlo....................Wally..........................Mal....................Freddie....................Joey........................Locky.........................their teams just always won these games.

Benji's just find ways to lose.

If this was basketball, Benji would be a guy who takes a 3 point shot when you are up 1 with 6 seconds to play instead of simply taking the foul and shooting free throws. His decisions just don't make sense.

That analogy makes no sense at all

hellman

Post by hellman » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:15 pm

smoking gun wrote:Some of you guys are unreal. We were up by 12 with 6 mins left. Did benji do the 2 strips that led to penalties and 2 tries? Did he miss the tackles on the line for those 2 soft tries? Did he throw that god awful pathetic pass from dummy half in extra time to put us under the pump for the last 2 tackles?

Get a clue
I agree. He did stuff up one big play and it was critical however that loss was a team effort.

Montague Street

Post by Montague Street » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:21 pm

ragedmachine wrote:The problem I see is that Benji has too much dictation with every play close to the line.

His style is to float across and create an opportunity for the outside backs, but it's becoming very predictable that we can only score from our wingers. Take note of the 2 attempted small chips when hen runs right and gets lost for ideas, or the grubbers that go dead over the end goal.

Humble needs to step up. In fact whoever we put in the number 7 needs to step up and take responsibility away from Marshall.

He has a 6 on his back and shouldn't be dictating every play. I think it's time we put him at fullback so he can focus on his footwork and try scoring ability.

I'm a big fan and this is only what I think should fix our problems. The team is working around him too much.

Ps. Has any other player other than a winger scored this season, besides Ellis?
Moltzen, Miller, Marshall and Blair have all scored tries. When Ayshford scored today he was playing centre. Criticism of Marshall is misguided.

Rugby League: The Game They Play in Hell

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:25 pm

smoking gun wrote:
cnx_tigers wrote:

That analogy makes no sense at all

I guess you don't follow basketball Gun.

If you are up 1 with 6 seconds to go in a basketball game, you simply get fouled / play safe. Go to the line and take free throws.

You never, ever, shoot a 3 point shot in that situation.

For us.........we are up by 12. All we needed to do was play a solid set of six up the middle and either kick for position or a field goal. i.e. common sense. It was literally impossible to lose if we played smart.

SImply put = Running towards the sideline on the first in that situation was as dumb as taking a 3 point shot in a basketball game when you are up 1 with 6 seconds to go.