Marshall

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Sunday 1 April 3:00PM
Venue: SCG
Telecast: Ch9 Delay
tiger4ever

Re: Marshall

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:28 pm

so if they took a 3 pointer in basketball would the coach then get the blame if it didn't pay off.do you think the coach tell them to do this

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:30 pm

Marshall was brilliant for 70 minutes but the last 10 was ridiculously dreadful.

Why should he not cop a bit of criticism? Everyone else has gotten bagged this year.

I love him more than anyone but you can't defend those plays, they kill us.

N.b I'm not solely blaming him for the loss.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:30 pm

What some on this forum forget is all the plays go to Benji the guy must get tired you seem to forget Farrar was out he takes some of the heat off Benji at times we did not have that option today so get off the guys back . The only thing that should have been in the game plan for Humble to be more involved and not just a link to Benji this guy is good and i hope he keeps the 7. Imight add i have never been a Moltzen fan but he really put in today well done Tim

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:32 pm

tiger4ever wrote:so if they took a 3 pointer in basketball would the coach then get the blame if it didn't pay off.do you think the coach tell them to do this
No, but the coach would bench them INSTANTLY.

This is not the same 3 point play i am talking about, but below video shows ACCOUNTABILITY.

That play was Bynnum was brain dead. There was no logic to it / complete lack of disciple. Watch the coach's reaction.
Last edited by cnx_tigers on Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pistol_Pete

Post by Pistol_Pete » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:34 pm

If they had been doing it for the best part of 10 seasons then yes the coach is to blame.

Once it is the players, twice the player ... 10 years of it it is the coach either not telling them not to do it (which makes him culpable) or not enacting any discipline on them when they do it against his wishes. There are only 2 possibilities and with both of them the buck stops with the coach

willow

Post by willow » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:34 pm

Benji is up near the top of the comp for try assists, but occasionally he's just trying too hard, as the last 10 minutes today showed. It's just a shame all of the attack is falling squarely on his shoulders at the moment. Farah would have been handy today, but the lack of first class options at half and fullback are not doing Marshall, or the side any favours.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:36 pm

ok then so your saying benji should be dropped. oh now i get it

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:36 pm

Benji take some dumb options but when he ran it on the last for Aysford to score rather than take the one we all thought what a great play, than we bag him for trying a 100 to 1 play. You cant have it both ways, lets face without Marshall this team would struggle to get over the 50 mtrs mark let alone try line

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:39 pm

simonthetiger wrote:
Lovemytigers wrote:You people are pathetic...
I'm done too....done with this bulls**t forum.

Benji was amazing and you lot are too busy boo hooing to realise how special he is.

Yeah we lost, so what.

Go "support" someone esle.

Well said.

There are some almighty pea hearts on here who have no idea how good we have it.
Oh yeah we have it real good atm don't we? having lost 4 on the trot and being on the bottom of the ladder and all :roll:

tigertales

Post by tigertales » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:45 pm

Meh normal Marshall really. He played brilliant for 70 minutes, he finally had a halfback which enabled him to play 2 off the ruck and it looked great, he got us in a position to win the game and then got us into a position to lose it.

The same reason he tried the short drop out and it came off and had everyone applauding is the same reason he had that brain fart at the end. Cant blame the coach that's the way he has ALWAYS played the game.

gazroc

Post by gazroc » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:51 pm

supercoach wrote:Benji take some dumb options but when he ran it on the last for Aysford to score rather than take the one we all thought what a great play, than we bag him for trying a 100 to 1 play. You cant have it both ways, lets face without Marshall this team would struggle to get over the 50 mtrs mark let alone try line

Sometimes I wonder what games people are watching, Marshall has a lot of brilliance but unfortunately it is currently being overshadowed by costly errors and decision making. Running the ball on the first tackle, sideways to Ryan with no were to go, was not the play that was needed with only minutes left in the game. Unfortunately we don't have a halfback to take matters out of Marshall's hands. C'mon Benji, think mate!

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:58 pm

smoking gun wrote:
cnx_tigers wrote:The bottom line is that Sterlo....................Wally..........................Mal....................Freddie....................Joey........................Locky.........................their teams just always won these games.

Benji's just find ways to lose.

If this was basketball, Benji would be a guy who takes a 3 point shot when you are up 1 with 6 seconds to play instead of simply taking the foul and shooting free throws. His decisions just don't make sense.

That analogy makes no sense at all
It makes perfect sense and it is also true....

jayman073

Post by jayman073 » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 8:10 pm

The way it's looking, benji will finish his career with 1 title. With his talent that will be a huge underachievement . I think we get frustrated that he will always go for the trickshot when a steady head will suffice.Our window is closing fast.

Triumphant

Post by Triumphant » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 8:51 pm

Sometimes I wonder what games people are watching, Marshall has a lot of brilliance but unfortunately it is currently being overshadowed by costly errors and decision making. Running the ball on the first tackle, sideways to Ryan with no were to go, was not the play that was needed with only minutes left in the game. Unfortunately we don't have a halfback to take matters out of Marshall's hands. C'mon Benji, think mate![/quote]

I really don't think it matters who we have at halfback. We could have Cronk or Thurston and it wouldn't change a thing. Benji always demands the ball.Most of the time it seems that everyone in the team is on a game plan except Benji, he makes it up as he goes along and it looks like he has been given free reign to do so by Sheens. Must be difficult for a halfback to know his place and roll in our side. Alot of the time Benji's ad lib style pays off for us, I think it' s because there's no way the opposiion is going to know what he's doing if his own team mates don't. Benji didn't cost us the game today, it was our discipline that did.

Everyone keep your chins up, we played well today. Robbie's back and we have plenty of games to go.

Brisbane Tiger

Post by Brisbane Tiger » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 9:00 pm

Disappointing like a broken record

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 9:13 pm

To anyone who thinks Benji cost us todays game pull your head in!!!!....Benji has setup all most of our trys this year...including all of todays!!!...Had the D held out the Rabbitohs in the last 5 minutes NO ONE would be talking about going for the try when Ryan went out into touch...How about how easy it was for Issac Luke to stroll 10 meters under the posts!?!...and how slow is Lote turning around chasing a kick...?!?!!...we should be blaming these guys for todays loss not Benji!!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 9:27 pm

He's an attacking footballer, its not in his nature to do otherwise.

We were 10-4 up with 11 to go and just before Ayshfords try, Benji was in a perfect position to slot a field goal and put us 7 points clear.....he didnt, why is no one complaining about that?
Because a try eventuated from it....sometime they do, sometimes they dont.
There is no difference except the amount of time till fulltime in that situation.

They still wouldve beat us, 7 up, 13 up it dont matter because we wouldve stopped playing like we did when we got to 12 up.....its always easy in hindsight

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 9:41 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
simonthetiger wrote:
Lovemytigers wrote:You people are pathetic...
I'm done too....done with this bulls**t forum.

Benji was amazing and you lot are too busy boo hooing to realise how special he is.

Yeah we lost, so what.

Go "support" someone esle.

Well said.

There are some almighty pea hearts on here who have no idea how good we have it.
Oh yeah we have it real good atm don't we? having lost 4 on the trot and being on the bottom of the ladder and all :roll:

Where were you in the early years of the Wests Tigers ?

STT is right .... We have got it good.
All teams go through a rough patch once in a while.