It really is time for Sheens to go........

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Sunday 1 April 3:00PM
Venue: SCG
Telecast: Ch9 Delay
Golden

Re: It really is time for Sheens to go........

Post by Golden » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 6:53 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:Every time we have a loss we hear calls for Sheens to be sacked. It is clear to me that the reason why we lose these close games is not Tim Sheens - it is Benji Marshall.

Benji called the shots today. We had very little in attack and he gave Beau a hospital pass on the first tackle in the Bunnys 10 with 5 mins to go. He does one bloody flick pass in 2005, and another in 2009, he does a short drop out today and we recover the ball and all I ever hear is how fantastic a player he is.

Well I for one am sick of hospital passes, cut out passes going out over the sideline, not being able to kick into the corners in the last 5 minutes of games. Time and time again our playmakers have proven that they do not have the maturity or understanding to know how to close out a football game. Whether it is Robbie or Benji it is the same old rubbish.

Thank Christ for Braith Anasta!!!!
so in 06 and 07 when Benji was out for the seasons whos fault was it to choke close games then???

Pistol_Pete

Post by Pistol_Pete » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 6:57 pm

Sheens has this season:
Galloway - origin and Oz
Blair - NZ
Benji - NZ captain
Farah - Origin and Oz
Ellis - England and possibly the best forward in the game
Lawrence - oz centre
Tuqiri - dual international

Then throw in the likes of Woods (who will be a rep player) and that is a pretty good nucleus to work with. Bellamy has 3 guns and 14 complete duds and nuffies like Norrie, Hinchcliffe, Ryles, Quinn and other dregs he picks up from the dump like Woolnough, Newton and co.

Sheens has more than enough to work with and the fact he has not bred a winning mentality amongst an undoubtedly talented core that we have is a direct reflection of him. He is stale, past it and the game has moved him by. Look at how new players run hard, then after a few weeks or months with us it is coached out of them (like Ryan when he went to fullback a few seasons back before Sheens coached him to dance and shuffle)

Pistol_Pete

Post by Pistol_Pete » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 6:58 pm

Golden wrote:
Tigersmurf wrote:Every time we have a loss we hear calls for Sheens to be sacked. It is clear to me that the reason why we lose these close games is not Tim Sheens - it is Benji Marshall.

Benji called the shots today. We had very little in attack and he gave Beau a hospital pass on the first tackle in the Bunnys 10 with 5 mins to go. He does one bloody flick pass in 2005, and another in 2009, he does a short drop out today and we recover the ball and all I ever hear is how fantastic a player he is.

Well I for one am sick of hospital passes, cut out passes going out over the sideline, not being able to kick into the corners in the last 5 minutes of games. Time and time again our playmakers have proven that they do not have the maturity or understanding to know how to close out a football game. Whether it is Robbie or Benji it is the same old rubbish.

Thank Christ for Braith Anasta!!!!
so in 06 and 07 when Benji was out for the seasons whos fault was it to choke close games then???
I blame the 3 of Mrs Prince, John Morris and the idiot who replaced Mrs Prince's husband with John Morris.

I wonder if Scott is being paid up ther ein white shoes and barter dollars

Merlot Tiger

Post by Merlot Tiger » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 6:59 pm

Two very very soft tries from dummy half is what cost us this game today.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:01 pm

supercoach wrote:Not Sheens fault today and now we know why we signed Anasta, for the last five years our two primary play makers have killed so many big games with low percentage plays and brain dead plays
100% right SC.

BornBlack&Gold

Post by BornBlack&Gold » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:06 pm

Sheens needs to announce he will retire at the end of the year, its the only way this team will become desperate enough to win.
They love the coach, they love their comfortable little existence as first grade players who will never be dropped in one of the most popular clubs in sydney, but they need to know things are about to change, that this cruisy ride is about to end.
It shouldn't have to come to this, but i think this is the only way to get this team desperate enough to win.
I truly believe that a team who knows unlce tim is not going to be around after this season would never let a 12 point lead with 5 minutes to go slip.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:06 pm

cant argue with that supercoach...

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:08 pm

I will ask this question .
How does Sheens get these guys up for a game?
Same old players make the same old wrong decisions at the wrong time in the game .
Has he lost these players respect?
Nobody gets dropped,only one of the benchies who probably got 5 minutes .Why are meaney and Groat ever selected in our 17.
Why is Reddy playing in the centres and as Sterlo pointed out he played the opposite side he used to play at Parra whilst Sheens had Lawrence playing on his wrong side .
Wouldnt you be tired of hearing the old pre game talk after so many years .
Make Tim the coaching director and bring in Folkes as the head coach if be it .

Andyvee

Post by Andyvee » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:17 pm

Sheens got the game plan right on today.

Pity the players didn't follow the same game plan in the last 6 minutes.

If anything, Benji made some really horrible decisions out there, especially with most of his kicks, and that chip kick on fulltime......WTF

Certain players need to know how to close a game out........Benji was the biggest culprit out there tonight.

For every amazing thing he does out there he makes 2 or 3 bad decisions.

End of the day, I wouldn't swap him for any other player in the comp, and this post is me venting my frustration after watching todays game. I hope they can salvage something from todays loss.

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:29 pm

Andyvee wrote:
If anything, Benji made some really horrible decisions out there, especially with most of his kicks, and that chip kick on fulltime......WTF

Certain players need to know how to close a game out........Benji was the biggest culprit out there tonight.

For every amazing thing he does out there he makes 2 or 3 bad decisions.

Benji has always been like that. He's no longer a kid though. Doesn't the coach owe it to him to maximise his talent?

He's just never developed like Lockyer, Johns, Sterlo etc all did. He's 27 now? It's not like he shouldn't know how to close out a game by now. Is he badly coached?

Do you honestly think Benji would still make these mistakes under Bennet?

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:31 pm

bennett wouldnt have him...benji is not his style

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:46 pm

BornBlack&Gold wrote:Sheens needs to announce he will retire at the end of the year, its the only way this team will become desperate enough to win.
They love the coach, they love their comfortable little existence as first grade players who will never be dropped in one of the most popular clubs in sydney, but they need to know things are about to change, that this cruisy ride is about to end.
It shouldn't have to come to this, but i think this is the only way to get this team desperate enough to win.
I truly believe that a team who knows unlce tim is not going to be around after this season would never let a 12 point lead with 5 minutes to go slip.
The team is united in one, simple goal - to keep Tim's job!!!

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:51 pm

tiger4ever wrote:bennett wouldnt have him...benji is not his style
Bennett had him for New Zealand , and i think they beat Australia in the World cup .lol well they call it the world cup .

izotope

Post by izotope » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:53 pm

this game nothing to do with sheens.

However after a gazillion years i wouldn't mind seeing a change at the club. Everything gets stale eventually.

Im 50/50 couldn't care if he goes or stay.
tigers!

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 8:06 pm

This problem will sort itself out as it always does ..Sheens has created this monster and obviously can't control it.This club does need a new direction Sheens has been here to long... .Time to start sourcing other avenues and this isn't a bad thing .

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 8:17 pm

If any of you have read Benji's book, you'll know that Bennet didn't talk to him for two straight days after a game for NZ. Benji didn't know why and then on the wednesday he asked Bennet who replied "you played like $hit".

Reading it, you got the feeling Benji had never had a coach treat him tough like that before. I am certain we'd be looking at Benji as an immortal if Bennet had of been his coach since 2010 full time.

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 8:22 pm

Sheens only signed on again with the club less than 12 months ago. I can't see the club wanting to pay out his contract. I think he is safe for a long while yet.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 8:24 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:If any of you have read Benji's book, you'll know that Bennet didn't talk to him for two straight days after a game for NZ. Benji didn't know why and then on the wednesday he asked Bennet who replied "you played like $hit".

Reading it, you got the feeling Benji had never had a coach treat him tough like that before. I am certain we'd be looking at Benji as an immortal if Bennet had of been his coach since 2010 full time.
Spot on. Benji even dictates what days off the players have. Time for some tough love Sheensy.