It really is time for Sheens to go........

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Sunday 1 April 3:00PM
Venue: SCG
Telecast: Ch9 Delay
Chris

Re: It really is time for Sheens to go........

Post by Chris » Thu 05 Apr, 2012 5:06 pm

Balmain Bobby wrote:I'm not against it next year, so I agree with you to a ceratin extent, as I believe all coaches get stale, and it's hard to coach the same players year after year and come up with innovative new play's.

But at this stage of the season, no. I reckon there will be coach movements and rumblings closer to the end of the season, but honestly, I can only think of Rick Stone who has that " Working Class " mentaility that put's players at ease and makes them want to play for him.
I think Rick Stone would be the pick of them to be honest. In saying that I wouldnt be against Steve Georgalis having a crack as well as Peter Gentle coming back. Outside of them, I really dont rate anyone else good enough to come and be our head coach.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 05 Apr, 2012 5:08 pm

Chris wrote:Everyone has their opinions and some have given good reasons why Tim should be replaced. That's great! I'm not opposed to replacing Tim but the question remains, who do you replace him with? What quality coaches are out there?
Stuart
Taylor
Elliot
Stone
Folkes
Georgalis
Dymock

Theres plenty of options out there. Like Ink said, we're not replacing the messiah here. The man is very much replaceable

tigermaniac

Post by tigermaniac » Thu 05 Apr, 2012 5:22 pm

For the chiefs we have in our ranks, my belief is Folkes or D Anderson are the ones for the job. They seem like the only ones that won't tolerate meddling from the players or the board. I also like Graham Murray if he was interested in coaching again. He turned many clubs around. Only problem with him is eventually, players or the board will be his undoing. Smart but to much of a nice guy.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Balmain Bobby

Post by Balmain Bobby » Thu 05 Apr, 2012 5:36 pm

Boards huh, bet Parra wish they had Dennis Fitzgerald back now.
Be Yourself, no one else can do it for you.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 05 Apr, 2012 5:42 pm

tigermaniac wrote:For the chiefs we have in our ranks, my belief is Folkes or D Anderson are the ones for the job. They seem like the only ones that won't tolerate meddling from the players or the board. I also like Graham Murray if he was interested in coaching again. He turned many clubs around. Only problem with him is eventually, players or the board will be his undoing. Smart but to much of a nice guy.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Anderson is another i can add to the list. I knew i was missing someone

Chris

Post by Chris » Thu 05 Apr, 2012 8:02 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Chris wrote:Everyone has their opinions and some have given good reasons why Tim should be replaced. That's great! I'm not opposed to replacing Tim but the question remains, who do you replace him with? What quality coaches are out there?
Stuart
Taylor
Elliot
Stone
Folkes
Georgalis
Dymock

Theres plenty of options out there. Like Ink said, we're not replacing the messiah here. The man is very much replaceable
Stuart - Destroyed Roosters and Sharks. Picks imbos for NSW. NO WAY!!!!
Taylor - If he stays off the drink with the players I wouldnt be against him.
Elliot - Failed at the Raiders, failed at Panthers - No thanks.
Stone - Wouldnt be against him
Folkes - Wouldnt be against him
Georgalis - Wouldnt be against him
Dymock - Wouldnt be against him

The last time this was raised everyone was howling for Kearny and I thank God everyday we didnt sign him. Now we have some better options than what we did last time. I started a thread at the start of the season where I said if we didnt make the grand final I would support a push for tim to be replaced. I still stand by that and feel more comfortable knowing there are better options this time around than the last time fans were calling for him to go.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 05 Apr, 2012 8:12 pm

Not sure why everyone is so against Ricky Stuart. Sure the guy is a jerk but he's a premiership winning coach who got the Roosters to three consecutive GF's and the Sharks to a pre-lim. He has had a couple ordinary yrs but its not like Sheens hasn't

Chris

Post by Chris » Thu 05 Apr, 2012 8:14 pm

Stuart was handed a premiership winning team. A team he didnt build. As for the sharks, again, he was handed a competitive team that turned into a rabble under his tenure.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 05 Apr, 2012 8:28 pm

Thats a weak argument really....handed a team, didnt build it.

All coaches new come into a club with established players there already, due to the cap it takes several years for them to get what 'the team they want', most teams have stars....just because a coach has early success at a new club does not mean he was lucky or whatever you infer, its garbage

I think those that made the decisions in those cases would be justified in thinking their decisions were spot on.

Coaches arent idiots, I heard many say if bennett wanted a challenge why not go to souths or sharks, if he has the option why wouldnt he go to a new club where his BEST chance of success lay?

Sheens has had 10 years here, the last 9, 33% of the time getting us to semis.
Not good enough.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 11:11 am

Folkes , taylor or stuart would do me as our next coach.Tims had his time .Our players struggle to get up for a big game and it has been that way for a while now .ill never forget the game v Souths at Leichhardt,we were faves ,we needed the win and Souths put 50 on us ,that game is forever etched in my mind.We as fans in a packed Leichhardt oval were badly let down .
Jason Taylor is really a good football brain who does his homework.He wasnt really given a fair go at Souths and i know he learnt his lessons about drinking with the boys.

Steve Folkes is one of those straight down the line coaches who can get the best out of his players .Was a player who led from the from .not big in size but big in heart .

Ricky Stuart would shake the joint up and get quick results , not sure if he would have a lasting effect on the club .

shano

Post by shano » Mon 09 Apr, 2012 2:30 pm

I'd love to see Sheens move on, however his true talent at playing the perfect political game rather than the football game has earned him an extended coaching contract. We are stuck with him! He has all the key people in the media and on the board bluffed because he has very good public speaking skills. As much as I hate to say it, I think he will talk his way out of this one as well. I truly hope I'm wrong and sanity will prevail, but I doubt the board has the 'you know what' to do the right thing.

Sheens is outdated. Been around far too long. We need some new younger blood with fresh ideas, new techniques. and rejuvenate the spirit in the players and the club.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 09 Apr, 2012 3:57 pm

Garbage thread, more than half the clubs would queue up for Sheens signature

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Mon 09 Apr, 2012 4:01 pm

Spartan117 wrote:Garbage thread, more than half the clubs would queue up for Sheens signature
Clubs might ,Players wouldn't.!!! The guy has no idea.. :crazy
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE..

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 09 Apr, 2012 4:33 pm

Spartan117 wrote:Garbage thread, more than half the clubs would queue up for Sheens signature
Name them
Last edited by GNR4LIFE on Mon 09 Apr, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Mon 09 Apr, 2012 4:51 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Newcastle- No
Bulldogs- No
Storm-No
Brisbane-No
Penrith- No
Saints-No
Sharks-No
Warriors- Unlikely
Parra- maybe
Canberra- Doubt it
Titans- maybe
Roosters- maybe
Manly- No
Souths- No
Cowboys- maybe

By my estimation only 3 if that would be interested. Far from over half as you suggested. I think you'd find the majority of clubs are pretty settled
Wests state cup don't want him either !!!
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE..

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 09 Apr, 2012 5:31 pm

That maybe so, Spartan - Sheens is a respected coach and he would probably do really well at another club. I don't think many people on here are actually saying that Sheens isn't a good coach, it's more the fact that he has been with us for too long now, and things seem to be a bit stale. I think both players and coach could do with a change.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

rossop

Post by rossop » Tue 10 Apr, 2012 8:25 am

I would not like to see Sheens step down mid season. He has been there a while, though. Of the replacements touted here I think Folkes would be the only one I would like.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Tue 10 Apr, 2012 2:02 pm

tomcat wrote:
Clubs might ,Players wouldn't.!!! The guy has no idea.. :crazy

Name the players that wouldn't...i seriously doubt there would be any.

i think sheens would get interest from most clubs.