Telecast: Ch9 Delay
Demps

Re: Rhino

Post by Demps » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 8:36 pm

i've NEVER been a fan.
bryce gibbs > heinington.

the sooner he goes the better...
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 8:41 pm

It's a shame as he tries so hard.

But the final straw today for me was when he got hammered and driven back................by one of souths rookie backs. I think it was a winger.

That's hall of shame stuff.

It seems like EVERY player in the NRL stops and drives Heigno backwards :(

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 8:43 pm

No Bob...Luke's second try was because Highno turned his back on him and dwaddled back into the line. Isaac took advantage of this and scored.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 8:44 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:
It seems like EVERY player in the NRL stops and drives Heigno backwards :(
Wouldnt be hard mate...he is barely moving when he hits the defence. Easy pickings.

tigermanboy

Post by tigermanboy » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 8:46 pm

John grant can replace heighno

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 7:56 am

bob56 wrote:Lukes 1st try, he dived at Woodys feet & next to Moltz. Hardly Chris' fault. Looks like he is the fall guy.

Still didnt see Blair break a single tackle, & what about Benjis kicking game. Chris Lawrence defence?

Groat missing Lukes 2nd try. Lote penalised for stripping. Liam only 43 tackles & you pinpoint Heiny one of our remaining Grand Final Heros........... Short memory.
There is a thread on nearly all of the players you mentioned.

Watch the second Luke try, Heighington turns his back.

2005 was seven years ago.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 8:04 am

I just don't think he and Groat can defend anywhere near each other

rossop

Post by rossop » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 8:28 am

bob56 wrote:Lukes 1st try, he dived at Woodys feet & next to Moltz. Hardly Chris' fault. Looks like he is the fall guy.

Still didnt see Blair break a single tackle, & what about Benjis kicking game. Chris Lawrence defence?

Groat missing Lukes 2nd try. Lote penalised for stripping. Liam only 43 tackles & you pinpoint Heiny one of our remaining Grand Final Heros........... Short memory.
Right on

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 8:39 am

stryker wrote:No Bob...Luke's second try was because Highno turned his back on him and dwaddled back into the line. Isaac took advantage of this and scored.
Unfortunately not the the first time I ve seen him turn around completely in defence.
One of the first things they teach you as a kid is NOT to do that!
He is a major weak link in attack and they keep throwing it to him - why?
He has been a great club man - but so was Luke Burt.
Time to make way for someone else I'm sorry to say.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 8:42 am

cktiger wrote:
stryker wrote:No Bob...Luke's second try was because Highno turned his back on him and dwaddled back into the line. Isaac took advantage of this and scored.
Unfortunately not the the first time I ve seen him turn around completely in defence.
One of the first things they teach you as a kid is NOT to do that!
He is a major weak link in attack and they keep throwing it to him - why?
He has been a great club man - but so was Luke Burt.
Time to make way for someone else I'm sorry to say.
So true, tries his heart out, but he ain't up to it.

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 8:51 am

Waste of a hit-up in attack and a liability in defense.

Loved him in mid 2000's, but now it's time to move on.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

Liddy

Post by Liddy » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 9:24 am

He has no impact at the line anymore.

Stops, soft shoe shuffle at the line, picked up and driven back metres.....hardly any impact.

Groat is similar...four Souths forwards picked him up and drove him back 5 metres each time he hit it up.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 9:28 am

Liddy wrote:He has no impact at the line anymore.

Stops, soft shoe shuffle at the line, picked up and driven back metres.....hardly any impact.

Groat is similar...four Souths forwards picked him up and drove him back 5 metres each time he hit it up.
Both will be selected next week. Therein lies the problem.

barra

Post by barra » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 11:18 am

Will reserve my final judgement until I see a replay but at the ground his defence seemed good especially in the first half when some of his hits were excellent. And I think it is drawing a long bow to pin Luke's second try entirely on him, at least as much to blame were two of our young blokes that Luke beat simply because their lateral movement was too slow.

But I agree entirely that his hit-ups are less than effective, and often cringe-worthy. Not sure if that is because he exposes himself by putting his hand up to run up the middle when someone bigger should have that job, whether he can't play as many minutes effectively as he is being asked to or whether the shuffle is to blame...

wasabi

Post by wasabi » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 11:38 am

Luke's second try is on rhinos shoulders Luke's first came from rhino rushing out and not watching the ball I'm sorry to say

everett

Post by everett » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 12:22 pm

Tries hard and has been a great players over the years but not the player he once was and would let him go at the end of the year.

No impact in attack.

Would like to see Blair start as lock.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

barra

Post by barra » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 12:33 pm

Wasabi, after looking at the replay specifically of these tries I can't agree. With the first, yes he stepped up quickly but at the ruck Woods seemed stuck upright on the line instead of stepping out and staying low, as did Moltzen. Heighington was the next man out looking to cover the first receiver.

At the second heighington was at fault with turning his back, but equally caught out are Groat and BMM who both needed to react with low body poistion quicker lateral movement.

In both instances surely seeing Isaac Luke at dummy half should have put the ruck defenders on red alert!

If you still think these are entirely Heighingtons fault we will have to agree to disagree on it mate, there's more than one person at fault here.

claws

Post by claws » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 11:05 pm

With only 20% of the season gone, I believe all harsh judgements & calls for sackings should be left until round twenty. As I think Chadman stated, if we're travelling well leading into the finals, most of you so called supporter will want most of these guys signed up for three more years. Don't forget Chris has/is/was carrying a heavy burden with Gall, Ellis, Dwyer, Payton, Gibbs & Farrah gone or out injured. His offsider & close buddy is playing out of position, this could be impacting on his game. Has anyone considered, perhaps he is carrying an injury & playing under sufferance because we need him. Time will tell! A player as good & fit as Chris usually is, suddenly does not become a bum overnight. Go Weststigers!