In this thread we complain about the refs

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Sunday 1 April 3:00PM
Venue: SCG
Telecast: Ch9 Delay
MacDougall

Re: In this thread we complain about the refs

Post by MacDougall » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:39 pm

It just seems like the refs, in general, are almost remiss to blow penalties for us and blow them against us every chance they get. When we got penalties today it seemed almost begrudgingly. Three penalties in Souths first set ffs.

DonnyBrasco

Post by DonnyBrasco » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:39 pm

We got a few bad calls, but it always evens itself out during the year. The refs didnt cost us. The didnt miss those tackles or get beaten for speed, We lost that game fair and square.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Tigers for 2022!

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:41 pm

Dream on all that are using the refs as an excuse . We did enough in the game to win .Our playmekers had ample time and good field position to win this 13 plus , but once again our playmakers went for the fancy option instead of using their brains .
No MORE EXCUSES . We just play the close games too dumb .
When was the last time we really blew a team off the park ?

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:42 pm

s***. Stop trying to paint our team as s***. We played our asses off today and got royally screwed by the refs. There is no justice. We defeated Souths gameplan compellingly. Whistle happy cockheads won Souths the game.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:45 pm

yes we should have won the game...players fault...but macdougall has a good point and we are the most penalised team in the nrl

The 2 penaltys in the last 5 minutes were shockers....its also where you get the penaltys that matter

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:46 pm

The 2 stripping calls we ridiculous. But the gl defense was crap again today 2 soft tries for under 12s standards

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:47 pm

MacDougall wrote:s***. Stop trying to paint our team as s***. We played our asses off today and got royally screwed by the refs. There is no justice. We defeated Souths gameplan compellingly. Whistle happy cockheads won Souths the game.
Hahaha macca we led by 12 with 5 to go .How did the ref lose it for us from there ?
i dont understand where your coming from . 12 up with 5 to go .10 metres out from their line .field goal time in anyones book. or you try to get a repeat set .BASIC FOOTBALL AT THE RIGHT TIME OF THE GAME IS ALL THAT IS NEEDED.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:47 pm

Everyone is so quick to put the boot in to the players but we just played the biggest pack in the comp and handled them up the guts. Everything we wanted them to do they did. As I said, whistle happy cockheads won Souths the game. You ARE entitled to be pissed at it you know. Nobody thinks you're a cooler guy for copping this one on the chin. We, again, were raped in the penalty count and more than half of them were mystery penalties or blatantly wrong.

Tuqiri didn't strip it, Taylor's carry was loose as a hookers nasty. Penalty>try.
Taylor stripped it 2 in the tackle right in front when we're 12 in front. We get no penalty and proceed to f*** up the next play. A penalty = 14 point, insurmountable lead.
Heighington puts a great hit on and it's called a strip. BS again.

Just bs all friggin' day. We got ONE call go our way that was wrong and that was when they actually MISSED a strip somehow. They're blowing penalties for strips everytime Souths drop it and they actually missed one.

And Crocker should have been sent for his flying elbow on Moltzen.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:50 pm

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
MacDougall wrote:s***. Stop trying to paint our team as s***. We played our asses off today and got royally screwed by the refs. There is no justice. We defeated Souths gameplan compellingly. Whistle happy cockheads won Souths the game.
Hahaha macca we led by 12 with 5 to go .How did the ref lose it for us from there ?
i dont understand where your coming from . 12 up with 5 to go .10 metres out from their line .field goal time in anyones book. or you try to get a repeat set .BASIC FOOTBALL AT THE RIGHT TIME OF THE GAME IS ALL THAT IS NEEDED.
He'd already screwed us by not penalising Taylor. Then penalising Tuqiri incorrectly. Not to mention the slew of calls that actually led to us being not 18 or 24 in front but only 12.

Yes, it got to the point that we lost because of bad defense in the last 8 minutes, but if the refs weren't semi-retarded and requiring prescription lenses it never would have been that close.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:52 pm

Oh and how about the penalty against Murdoch-Masila for stripping the ball when Pettybourne friggin handed it to him?

What is the madness that inspires such idiocy? Murdoch wrapped the ball up when Pettybourne dove for the line and when the big moron realised he wasn't in he just let it go... and gets rewarded with a penalty.

It boggles the mind.

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:55 pm

i know we're not traveling well, i can handle that but the subject of the refs so far i think its been a square up on last year. we definitely got more than our fair share of the 50/50 calls last year, sometimes almost too many. so far this year....zilch.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:57 pm

So to sum up just a few

Heighington penalised for hitting a player so hard he drops the ball = Souths try
Murdoch-Masila penalised for having Pettybourne hand it to him
Crocker flying elbow smashes Moltzen and remains on the field
Taylor strips it with 2 in the tackle right in front of the posts, no penalty where penalty = we win
Tuqiri makes a ball and all tackle and Taylor drops the ball. Tuqiri is penalised = Souths try

Let me just elaborate on the Mick Crocker elbow smash. Moltzen is standing in his in goal area fielding a bomb. If Crocker isn't competing for the ball, what is he even trying to do? If Moltzen catches it Crocker has no right to touch him. What he did is a dictionary definition send off offense.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 7:59 pm

glebe_tiger wrote:i know we're not traveling well, i can handle that but the subject of the refs so far i think its been a square up on last year. we definitely got more than our fair share of the 50/50 calls last year, sometimes almost too many. so far this year....zilch.
I agree. Last year we were refs babies and NZ beat us despite some of the most ridiculous officiating ever seen and it was justice for an entire year of underperforming and winning games off the back of s*** referees.

This year definitely reeks of squaring up a perceived pro-Tigers agenda that other fans bore witness to.

Neither is acceptable. It's suspicious as hell and needs to be looked into.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 8:00 pm

MacDougall wrote:Everyone is so quick to put the boot in to the players but we just played the biggest pack in the comp and handled them up the guts. Everything we wanted them to do they did. As I said, whistle happy cockheads won Souths the game. You ARE entitled to be pissed at it you know. Nobody thinks you're a cooler guy for copping this one on the chin. We, again, were raped in the penalty count and more than half of them were mystery penalties or blatantly wrong.

Tuqiri didn't strip it, Taylor's carry was loose as a hookers nasty. Penalty>try.
Taylor stripped it 2 in the tackle right in front when we're 12 in front. We get no penalty and proceed to f*** up the next play. A penalty = 14 point, insurmountable lead.
Heighington puts a great hit on and it's called a strip. BS again.

Just bs all friggin' day. We got ONE call go our way that was wrong and that was when they actually MISSED a strip somehow. They're blowing penalties for strips everytime Souths drop it and they actually missed one.

And Crocker should have been sent for his flying elbow on Moltzen.
I agree, they played very good for 70 min, and certainly the ref did not help the Tigs today, and (IMHO) if he didn't make a number of mistakes Tigers would win, however in saying that, there were other issues.

Anyway, go the Tigs

forum/posting.php?mode=quote&f=89&p=282 ... 1333273974#

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 8:44 pm

MacDougall wrote:
glebe_tiger wrote:i know we're not traveling well, i can handle that but the subject of the refs so far i think its been a square up on last year. we definitely got more than our fair share of the 50/50 calls last year, sometimes almost too many. so far this year....zilch.
I agree. Last year we were refs babies and NZ beat us despite some of the most ridiculous officiating ever seen and it was justice for an entire year of underperforming and winning games off the back of s*** referees.

This year definitely reeks of squaring up a perceived pro-Tigers agenda that other fans bore witness to.

Neither is acceptable. It's suspicious as hell and needs to be looked into.
Mac I dont get on here every week and complain about the refs but I think today was a beyond a joke and you are deadset within your rights to have a gripe.

If the penalties were justifed you would cop it, but this ridiculous stripping rule is killing us game after game.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 8:46 pm

The noobie ref had terribly gay sideburns, reminds me of that camp hairdresser celeb from melb the on with the littthhhp....or maybe hes a chef

...and their socks...OMG!!!! reminded me of my dear ol grannys stockings....

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 8:49 pm

It would make you think that the referees are instructed to referee for 'the comeback' as it makes for better TV and ratings in the run up to the Channel 9 News.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 8:58 pm

I just don't get how we have the LEAST amount of penalties for as well as the MOST penalities against.

One out of two of those stats I could understand, but what this actually means is officially the refs DO have it in for the tigers.

since not only on average are we being blown the most penalties - that I could handle, but we are getting the least blown against us, which suggests the teams we are playing against are ALL angels...... yeah right!