In this thread we complain about the refs

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Sunday 1 April 3:00PM
Venue: SCG
Telecast: Ch9 Delay
Brndn

Re: In this thread we complain about the refs

Post by Brndn » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 9:05 pm

What about the 3 shots to the head that went unpunished in the last few games.

Just because they're falling over it means you can elbow them in the head without being penalized?

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 9:07 pm

ahhh he has crawled out from under his rock. no the refs dont have it in for us silly billy otherwise we wouldnt have one first game . we give silly penalties away to often our own fault. not the refs fault were s***.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 9:11 pm

Not a fan of the stripping rule as it stands even when it goes to our benefit.

Crocker was a very lucky boy to stay on the field for mine but that early in the game was never getting marched.

We did ourselves in but there were alot more positives this week than any week this season

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 9:23 pm

I thought Souths milked the stripping rule very well. Just make it look good and you get a penalty.

The refs did us no favors today .... I thought that was the difference in the end. Did we deserve to win?
Well ... I don't think we deserved to lose and overall were probably the better team on the day.

Demonborger

Post by Demonborger » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 9:28 pm

They need to amend the stripping rule that allows players to punch or hit the ball out in multiman tackles, but doesn't allow a player to grab hold of the ball and force it out in multiman tackles. If the player holds it right then if you punch the ball or hit the ball it won't go anywhere, if it is a loose carry and gets punched out then too bad.

Then amend knock on rule so that a hit or punched out ball is play on.

Demonborger

Post by Demonborger » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 9:31 pm

Wouldn't surprise me if Souths trained to milk penalities from "strips" and Crocker or whoever was captain primed the ref to alert them to the possibility of a stripe.

Souths are leading the penalties for count so perhaps Macguire has them coached to win penalties. Anywhere inside the 20 they're dangerous so off the bag of a penalty gives them a huge chance to score.

We should've reacted by locking in the ball instead of trying to force it loose in the tackle in those last few minutes.

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sun 01 Apr, 2012 9:35 pm

Being at the game it seemed the refs were only penalising oner team.I thimk the only penalty we got in the first half was the high shot of Crockers elbow on Moltzen. That was a send off offence and what benefit will we get when he gets 2-4 weeks suspension?

For mine Souths were offside a lot and layed all over us in the play the ball in the first half, yet no penalty to us but plenty against us for similar things. The refs are biased.

The last 3-4 strip calls were crap, Souths players dropped it and got the penalty every time.

I wish Sheens had a major rant against the refs and got a $10,000 fine, especially if it meant we wouldn't get Hayne for the next 3 months.

If Hasler was our coach he would still be at the ground blaming the referees.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 12:19 am

sunshine coast tiger wrote:Being at the game it seemed the refs were only penalising oner team.I thimk the only penalty we got in the first half was the high shot of Crockers elbow on Moltzen. That was a send off offence and what benefit will we get when he gets 2-4 weeks suspension?

For mine Souths were offside a lot and layed all over us in the play the ball in the first half, yet no penalty to us but plenty against us for similar things. The refs are biased.

The last 3-4 strip calls were crap, Souths players dropped it and got the penalty every time.

I wish Sheens had a major rant against the refs and got a $10,000 fine, especially if it meant we wouldn't get Hayne for the next 3 months.

If Hasler was our coach he would still be at the ground blaming the referees.
Just about to say the same thing We have had some big calls go against us at crucial times in both the Manly game and this one

Either Sheens needs to do his nut and the club wears the fine or even better still next week Farah fronts the referees and says it loud enough for all and sundry to hear on the mics that if we keep getting screwed with the 50/50 calls he and the team will walk

No referee will want that on there resume

Especially if they have got the calls wrong You watch the referees mindsets change then

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 12:55 am

I thought we got some savage calls today....the ones right at the death were so soft it wasn't funny.

In saying that we cant buy a penalty.

Teams lay all over us,never get pinged and we consistently do.

This strips today were BS....killed us.

The boys deserved better than that.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 2:33 am

Watched game over
The Gareth 40/20 very tight Reckon they should of got checked by Video referee 5 minute mark

Penalty to Souths for hold down Tigers in tackle going backwards no dominant call WHY Souths penalty stopped counting at least 15 worse in next 30 minutes

7th minute strip Soths penalty Wasn't bad ball control

7th Minute Offside Benji complained no one called offside ( That is strange ,usually hear them screaming in mic)

13th minute Fulton not square Souths should of got penalty

19th minute Ellis applies obvious chin strap Souths should have got penalty

25th missed forward pass crossed thrown one side of line caught on other turnover to Tigers

34th minute Really slow play the ball (Non dominate ) Tigers should of got

45th minute Strip very dodgy Souths get penalty and score CRITICAL

57 minute Luke not square Wests should of got

58th minute Play the ball Rhino really 50/50 call

59th minute strip Yes refs we can strip to try and prevent try Bloody hell 1 metre out

66 minute Strip by Tigers Souths should of got

71 minute Meaney's 40-20 very tight

72 minute Rhino strip 50/50 penalty call CRITICAL

74 minute strip dropped cold

52 minutess (missed ) Moltzen in touch penalty
Missed 50/50 calls Tigers 13 Souths 5

Still think we got the rub of the green Hayne made 9 of the 13 calls

I know it is fish n chips now but we were the better side and bad refereeing cost us

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 2:37 am

Oh by the way Feel free to use that Sheensy when you send that to Hollywood on Monday for the refs review

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 6:38 am

Nice job happy.

Yes Benji had a brain explosion by not going for a field goal or just simply running it out near their line, but the Bunnies shouldn't have gotten as close as they did if it wasn't for bad ref decisions which changed the course of the game.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 6:40 am

MacDougall wrote:So to sum up just a few

Heighington penalised for hitting a player so hard he drops the ball = Souths try
Murdoch-Masila penalised for having Pettybourne hand it to him
Crocker flying elbow smashes Moltzen and remains on the field
Taylor strips it with 2 in the tackle right in front of the posts, no penalty where penalty = we win
Tuqiri makes a ball and all tackle and Taylor drops the ball. Tuqiri is penalised = Souths try

Let me just elaborate on the Mick Crocker elbow smash. Moltzen is standing in his in goal area fielding a bomb. If Crocker isn't competing for the ball, what is he even trying to do? If Moltzen catches it Crocker has no right to touch him. What he did is a dictionary definition send off offense.
Spot on Mac and yeah Crocker should have been given some time off for that, we got a free interchange out of it so they knew it was an illegal play.

tiger-stripes

Post by tiger-stripes » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 6:50 am

Am I the only one who saw Farrell step into touch getting up to play the ball before luke's 2nd try? Sitting about 2m further back than the touchie and saw it clear as day, as did the bunnies supporter and neutral I was sitting with. CRUCIAL BS call.

rossop

Post by rossop » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 7:04 am

We are getting more than our share of bad calls. The Lote strip penalty was very bad and went a long way to costing us the game. However, its been the same for a number of years now: by playing dumb football we just cannot close out a game. I mean up 16-4 with 7 minutes to go and we lose. Just terrible.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 8:33 am

I get the feeling that even if we were up by four tries we would have lost the game in the last 10. The refs would have penalised us for tackling.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 11:05 am

tiger-stripes wrote:Am I the only one who saw Farrell step into touch getting up to play the ball before luke's 2nd try? Sitting about 2m further back than the touchie and saw it clear as day, as did the bunnies supporter and neutral I was sitting with. CRUCIAL BS call.

I was told yesterday that once a tackle is completed, a player stepping on the sideline to return to his feet and play the ball is ok.

Not sure if this is what the rulebook says.

dermo

Post by dermo » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 11:07 am

happy tiger wrote: 7th Minute Offside Benji complained no one called offside ( That is strange ,usually hear them screaming in mic)
This one was my personal favourite, Benji says to him "but you didnt call anyone off side?" Hayne's reply " i usually do but i DIDNT HAVE TIME" DIDNT HAVE TIME????? They put 2 refs out there, 1 watches the ruck, 1 makes sure the defense is onside. What the hell were you doing if you didnt have time???? Having a nice little chat to the touchie about how hard you fucked your boyfriend last night?