Benji's history of crucial errors

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Sunday 1 April 3:00PM
Venue: SCG
Telecast: Ch9 Delay
smoking gun
Member
Member
Posts: 1287
Joined: Fri 24 Jun, 2011 12:29 pm
Location: Sydney, nsw

Re: Benji's history of crucial errors

Post by smoking gun » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 6:45 pm

How can u call what happened yesterday a crucial loss because of benji? Let me break it down for you. We were up by 12 with 6 minutes to play. 2 dumb strips led to tries not benjis blind side play. The crap goal line defense that led to 2 soft tries for Luke cost us the game. Piss the hate off, you don't like it follow another team. You point out 3 faults out of 8 years of footy. He has led the NRL in try assists and line break assists for the last few seasons and won us more games then he's lost. People like you are disgusting


User avatar
Flippedy
Member
Member
Posts: 7913
Joined: Mon 19 Oct, 2009 10:58 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Post by Flippedy » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 6:54 pm

smoking gun wrote:How can u call what happened yesterday a crucial loss because of benji? Let me break it down for you. We were up by 12 with 6 minutes to play. 2 dumb strips led to tries not benjis blind side play. The crap goal line defense that led to 2 soft tries for Luke cost us the game. Piss the hate off, you don't like it follow another team. You point out 3 faults out of 8 years of footy. He has led the NRL in try assists and line break assists for the last few seasons and won us more games then he's lost. People like you are disgusting
Amen! Some people don't know when they're on a good thing. We probably wouldn't have even made the finals in the past 2 years if it wasn't for Benji.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27594
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 6:59 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:
innsaneink wrote:[quote="cnx_tigers"
Dont compare him to other layers, compare him in the BIG games youre talking about to all of his games for us...
How many games?

Not very many....not like youre making out anyway
Okay then, let's see. Looking at the really big games (finals)

2005 = Legendary run. Came up with big play after big play. 20 years old...future immortal?

2010
Roosters semi = we lost. Carney outplayed him.
Raiders semi = great game.
Dragons GF qualifier = Benji kicks out on the full at 'the' crucial moment. His opposite 6, Soward wins the game.

Dragons semi 2011 = good game.
Warriors semi 2011 = overall average game, includes error (running on the 6th with 3 to go) that costs us the game (shared blame with Robbie). Outplayed by a kid in Johnson.

Other seasons = missed the finals.

Apart from 2005, that's not a great record for a "world's best / elite player / superstar" however you want to look at it mate. He needs to do it more in september / october when it really counts.

If we fail to make the finals this season, it's a disaster given how good the roster is.
Yeh, 2 or 3 average games.
More than double that good ones.
It seems you want perfection, sorry to disappoint you.....
If we fail to make the finals this season, it's a disaster given how good the roster is
All Benjis fault too I spose.

User avatar
Tigerdave
Member
Member
Posts: 10668
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Lismore

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 7:43 pm

I'm pretty sure 'Benji's history of crucial winning plays' is more extensive.

User avatar
izotope
Member
Member
Posts: 1027
Joined: Mon 20 Jul, 2009 10:53 pm

Post by izotope » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 8:23 pm

rather have him then not.

rocks and diamonds we all know that, he needs a solid 7 to make the call when he gets these brilliant ideas when not needed.

At the moment its the benji show, imagine trying to come up with every point ur team scores solo. Talk about pressure, and here ur all criticizing because he made a mistake.


puhhhhhhlease.
tigers!


Black & Gold
Member
Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed 26 Aug, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by Black & Gold » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 9:53 pm

Some of you people are dead set brain dead!

I wrote this thread talking about his errors in decisions. If you read what I have written in all my posts, Im talking about the silly plays Benji comes up with and not being able to close out a game due to his inability to use his brain. Im not talking about a knock on, forward pass or shocking kicks (even though he produced 4 shockers in a row on Sunday)

Im talking about not taking a field goal to get 7, 13 or 19 points ahead to make the opposition have to score twice, thrice or four times to win. Getting caught on the last tackle when a kick downfield will secure the game! These stupid decisions COST US AN ENTIRE YEAR in 2010 and 2011. I suppose you YES MEN are just happy to get there because Benji won us more games than he's lost us.

Is it a terrible thing to expect such a simple decision of taking a field goal to get us into a GF (2010 against St George)?

No, who cares about winning cause without benji we wouldnt be there anyway right? Morons!

Benji is rocks and diamonds yes, but in games when there is a few minutes to go, WE DONT NEED DIAMONDS. We need Benji to USE HIS BRAIN! The problem is , he gives us rocks when the game is on the line.

We didnt need Benji to give us a dimaond when he ran the ball across field for Ryan to score. We're 12 bloody points ahead. We needed a no frills field goal to win the game.

Silly silly people.

The difference between you and I is that I expect better in these situations whereas you are happy with mediocrity because you dont expect any better.

paulgeorge
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun 29 May, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by paulgeorge » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 10:07 pm

We all forgotten that in 2005 we player called Mr Prince who made our decision for us and guided us around the park and let Benji do his freakish things. Prince made all the correct decision that year. Our best player for the year was our lock Dene Halitau and as usual, our management seems to let the good ones go to just to keep Benji's pay rises coming. Marshall we be remembered as a good player, bu he won't go down as one of the greats.

User avatar
helmesy
Member
Member
Posts: 1850
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:18 am
Location: Sydney

Post by helmesy » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 10:25 pm

Black & Gold wrote:Some of you people are dead set brain dead!

I wrote this thread talking about his errors in decisions. If you read what I have written in all my posts, Im talking about the silly plays Benji comes up with and not being able to close out a game due to his inability to use his brain. Im not talking about a knock on, forward pass or shocking kicks (even though he produced 4 shockers in a row on Sunday)

Im talking about not taking a field goal to get 7, 13 or 19 points ahead to make the opposition have to score twice, thrice or four times to win. Getting caught on the last tackle when a kick downfield will secure the game! These stupid decisions COST US AN ENTIRE YEAR in 2010 and 2011. I suppose you YES MEN are just happy to get there because Benji won us more games than he's lost us.

Is it a terrible thing to expect such a simple decision of taking a field goal to get us into a GF (2010 against St George)?

No, who cares about winning cause without benji we wouldnt be there anyway right? Morons!

Benji is rocks and diamonds yes, but in games when there is a few minutes to go, WE DONT NEED DIAMONDS. We need Benji to USE HIS BRAIN! The problem is , he gives us rocks when the game is on the line.

We didnt need Benji to give us a dimaond when he ran the ball across field for Ryan to score. We're 12 bloody points ahead. We needed a no frills field goal to win the game.

Silly silly people.

The difference between you and I is that I expect better in these situations whereas you are happy with mediocrity because you dont expect any better.
I think you are making a lot of sense, once again the call isn't that Benji is hopeless or a liability per se - it's just the frustration that if he could just play that little bit smarter (just 5%) we would have held on and won a few more important games.

I have another one for you too - the after the play the ball punch on Mitchell Pearce in the 2010 semi, was a brain explosion which changed the whole flow of that game.

I love the guy, I was there when he made his debut, I appreciate all he has done for us, I just wish he could learn when to hold them and when to fold them.

User avatar
cnx_tigers
Member
Member
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by cnx_tigers » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 10:29 pm

helmesy wrote: I love the guy, I was there when he made his debut, I appreciate all he has done for us, I just wish he could learn when to hold them and when to fold them.
I've got this stuck in my head now :D


User avatar
Tigerdave
Member
Member
Posts: 10668
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Lismore

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 10:35 pm

Black & Gold wrote:Blah blah blah, if you don't agree with me you're brain dead yes men
People accept that he made a stupid decision on Sunday, we know he's made them before, but we acknowledge that he produces more diamonds than rocks and has won us more games than lost, but because that goes against what you are saying, that's somehow invalid and we must accept your point no matter how badly you've come to it.

You can't expect to post a "History of crucial errors" without people then stating the obvious by pointing out he's still won us more games than lost and at least put us in a position to have a shot at the big games.

If all you're saying is that you wish Benji would play smarter, then just say that. It's pointless pointing out his specific errors that have cost us games, especially big ones, when the games he's helped us win outweighs that.

Yes I'm sure we'd all love to see a more mature Benji playing, one that doesn't go for the high percentage plays, one that plays it safe, especially when we're in front. Maybe that would happen if the organisational reins were handed over to someone else, which falls right back into the coach's lap, he makes that call, he says who is calling the shots for the day. Hopefully that sort of decision making will now be done by Anasta.

User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 11:03 pm

paulgeorge wrote:We all forgotten that in 2005 we player called Mr Prince who made our decision for us and guided us around the park and let Benji do his freakish things. Prince made all the correct decision that year. Our best player for the year was our lock Dene Halitau and as usual, our management seems to let the good ones go to just to keep Benji's pay rises coming. Marshall we be remembered as a good player, bu he won't go down as one of the greats.
Are you serious?

Dene Halatau was no loss at all. He is an average player at best and one of the most one dimensional players in the game. His dummy half running worked in 2005 because of the way the ruck was policed. It is no coincidence since then that he has done very little, in fact I bet you could count the good games he's played since 2005 on two hands.

Halatau is another very good example of fans overrating some of our players who are little more than honest toilers. We have only really lost two players that we really missed once they left: Scott Prince and Bryce Gibbs. There are a few others but most of them were replaceable.

I've been critical of Benji from Sunday but to say he will not go down as one of the greats is madness. :crazy

User avatar
Tigerdave
Member
Member
Posts: 10668
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Lismore

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 11:21 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote: We have only really lost two players that we really missed once they left: Scott Prince and Bryce Gibbs.
I'd throw Hodgo into that list as well, maybe Pat Richards, TnT?

User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 11:28 pm

We definitely missed Hodgo but he was past his best and injury prone when we let him go.

Richards was definitely a loss.

TNT obviously but I left him out as we didn't let him go, he just had to retire.

InBenjiWeTrust
Member
Member
Posts: 1955
Joined: Mon 12 Mar, 2012 2:59 pm

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Tue 03 Apr, 2012 9:01 am

I understand that people get emotional, especialy after a series of unexpected results and disapointing games.

What I do not understand is how can anyone attack, insult and call other people names e.g 'your are not 'the true fan', 'brain dead', 'es man' just because they express different opinion.

Play the ball not the man.

forum/posting.php?time=1333407667#

Black & Gold
Member
Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed 26 Aug, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by Black & Gold » Tue 03 Apr, 2012 9:34 am

I call some of you 'yes men' because you dont have the capacity to develop an opinion of your own. You would rather agree with what decisions the club makes because you think you're a 'true supporter' or defend a player simply because he plays for the club. Let me tell you something. CEO's and players will come and go! Fans wont! We'll support the club and players in good times and ask questions in the bad times. Yes, we will support them during the bad times as well but not for stupid decisions. I wouldnt supported the decision had they signed Mason. Most of you would have because you dont know any better.

Questioning things in the hope of making things better is a good thing. Thats why you have an opposition to the government. It keeps people on their toes. If we dont make an issue of Benji making a meal of a game after its practically won, then how will he get better at closing it off next time?

We've acknowledged that Benji does a lot of good and wins us games. He's a supernatural freak of nature when he gets into his element but we dont need his element with 7 minutes to go in a game when we're up by 12 points. We have to get a microscope, find his brain and force him to use it to grind out the voctory. Whats the point of Benji brilliance of setting up 5 tries if it means his silly decisions at the end will lose us the game?

georgebeema
Member
Member
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon 02 Apr, 2012 10:03 pm

Post by georgebeema » Tue 03 Apr, 2012 12:06 pm

Simply put, no halfback.
Since Scott Prince left the club we have not had a true half. We've had fill ins or second graders. The expectations of Benji to do all is absurd. Management and Sheens have simply failed at either producing or luring a top notch half. If they had we would have been talking about premiership wins in 2010, 2011 and ?? How have other clubs been able to secure halves and props ? We need a half who can kick, pass, and steer the troops around the park and be dominant over Benji and Robbie. Hopefully Anasta can bring that next year but I would like to see Tom Humble given a go this year but he needs to be authoritative not submissive.


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

User avatar
simonthetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3396
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:12 pm

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 03 Apr, 2012 12:37 pm

Flippedy wrote:
smoking gun wrote:How can u call what happened yesterday a crucial loss because of benji? Let me break it down for you. We were up by 12 with 6 minutes to play. 2 dumb strips led to tries not benjis blind side play. The crap goal line defense that led to 2 soft tries for Luke cost us the game. Piss the hate off, you don't like it follow another team. You point out 3 faults out of 8 years of footy. He has led the NRL in try assists and line break assists for the last few seasons and won us more games then he's lost. People like you are disgusting
Amen! Some people don't know when they're on a good thing. We probably wouldn't have even made the finals in the past 2 years if it wasn't for Benji.


X2

Black & Gold
Member
Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed 26 Aug, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by Black & Gold » Tue 03 Apr, 2012 1:13 pm

oh dear dear dear!

Simonthetiger.....do you speak another language? Maybe I can explain the issue in sign language?

LoL

Nobody's saying we would give up Benji to another club and nobody is dismissing that he is a good player...We're being criticial of him not being able to make the right decisions.

Are you saying that, because hes a good player, scores tries, sets them up etc etc....You're willing to lose games when all he needs to do is a high percentage play.

(EG) Hypothetical.

Tigers are up by 6, 4 minutes to go. We're on the attack, 20 metres out first tackle. Would you rather:
a) Benji attempt a field goal and possibly lead by 7;
b) benji chip and chase, opposition comes up with it and scores under the posts;
c) benji run acrossfield, put Ryan under pressure and he gets bundled into touch, opposition scores off next set;
d) benji loooonnggg cut out pass, intercepted and opposition scores.
e) benji direct forwards for 4 hitups and play to get a repeat set.
f) a or e.

Your thought?


If Benji chooses anything other than a, e or both a & e, it would make me go nuts. Benji has time and time again gone for the wrong option that has lead to us losing games.

Are you saying that after all the hard work the team puts in for that game, bif benji chooses the wrong oiption andwe lose, you're ok with that because Benji wins us games too?Why would be satisfied with that? Thats a losers mentality!
Whats the point of getting into that winning position if you're comfortable with losing the game.?

Post Reply