Same sex marriage debate...

General Social Discussion
User avatar
mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1545
Joined: Mon 28 Jun, 2010 8:32 pm
Location: Hornsby
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: Same sex marriage debate...

Unread post by mike » Thu 07 Dec, 2017 10:06 pm

We are one, but we are many
And from all the lands on earth we come
We'll share a dream and sing with one voice
"I am, you are, we are Australian"

A momentous day in Australia’s history, a vast injustice has been righted.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999


happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36308
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Thu 07 Dec, 2017 10:20 pm

mike wrote:
Thu 07 Dec, 2017 10:06 pm
We are one, but we are many
And from all the lands on earth we come
We'll share a dream and sing with one voice
"I am, you are, we are Australian"

A momentous day in Australia’s history, a vast injustice has been righted.
Thank you Mike , someone finally hit the mark accurately

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25161
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 395 times

Unread post by Geo. » Thu 07 Dec, 2017 10:29 pm

Just as I visit this thread an ad for Same Sex Weddings Byron Bay Celebrate your love appears..

Didn't take google long...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

User avatar
Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Second Heaven
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Thu 07 Dec, 2017 10:37 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 03 Dec, 2017 2:02 am
Why can't service stations also refuse to serve SSM people - if that means that half way across the Nullabor gays die in the desert for lack of juice then bad luck. Stuff Presilla!
Lucky they're with AAMI :mrgreen:

Abraham
Member
Member
Posts: 1044
Joined: Mon 25 Mar, 2013 1:09 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by Abraham » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 6:55 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 06 Dec, 2017 8:15 pm
An extremely well thought out response :crazy ,
you sound like one of those Politicians that you are so terrified of.
I’m surprised that you didn’t include the God Botherers All Time NO 1 response to anything That needs a solid answer. You know the one,” you have to have faith”,
It’s good to hide behind whenever you can’t win a argument.

Not much point in going on with this as dyed in the wool Christians will never admit that they just might be wrong about anything, “God works in mysterious ways”just about covers any real answers that you find to hard to come up with.
Loved the debate. But I’m of to see something that isn’t fiction.
It wasn't a debate, it was a train wreck.

You have allowed your personal bigotry against Christians to cloud your judgement on what is a much larger and more important issue than bakers or gay weddings.

This is about personal freedom, plain and simple.

Should a Muslim butcher be forced to order and slice my Christmas ham, even though merely touching ham is against his faith?
Should a Jewish lawyer be forced to argue for a Nazi’s legal right to call for Jews to be exterminated?
Should a Gay printer be forced to print material for an anti-Gay rally?
Should a Black business owner be forced to supply goods for a local White Supremacist organisation?

A reasonable answer to each of those scenarios is No, they shouldn't be forced. You represent the unreasonable side of the debate. Small minds don’t see the bigger picture... You prove that each time you post in this topic.

And i wont let your anti-Christian sniping go unanswered.

If you were to rely purely on scientific evidence to come up with your position vis-a-vis God, the only tenable position would be Agnosticism, definitely not your brand of uncouth Atheism.

If you were to allow the scientific and philosophic evidence to lead you to the most reasonable outcome, knowing that science can never directly prove or disprove an immaterial creator, that most reasonable outcome would likely be Christianity.

The latest Atheist explanation for the creation of the universe and life within in, after the previous theories all turned to dust, is to now rely on Aliens and Multiple Universes. Dawkins, Hawkins, Hoyle ... they all jumped on board the Panspermia bandwagon. That's how far they have to travel to come up with an explanation that does not include God ... literal science fiction. And you want to sit there and talk about 'faith' ... your living it everyday.


User avatar
hammertime
Member
Member
Posts: 2304
Joined: Sat 26 Sep, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Rozelle, NSW
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by hammertime » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 8:16 am

I'll tell you what, Turnbull going over the top with his self-congratulatory response has been really hard to watch. He spent way too much money on something he should have had the guts to just pass in the first place. Shorten similarly taking advantage of the situation and made sure he and Tanya P had a photo op with a beer in hand with Magna Sebankski.

No idea how these guys just don't 'get it'.

User avatar
hammertime
Member
Member
Posts: 2304
Joined: Sat 26 Sep, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Rozelle, NSW
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by hammertime » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 8:32 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 03 Dec, 2017 2:02 am
Why can't service stations also refuse to serve SSM people - if that means that half way across the Nullabor gays die in the desert for lack of juice then bad luck. Stuff Presilla!
There are some really wild scenarios getting thrown about!

For me, it's simply asking people to be directly involved in what was a religious ceremony centred around their religious text where they may just politely refer them to another baker, dressmaker etc.

These religious books have been around for years and Christianity was the foundation of our society. We all know the gist of what they contain and people are just being a bit silly throwing around stupid scenarios. To let another man die would go against any religious text (Yes, probably even the Koran).

We're talking something that would be akin to forcing a muslim eat non-halal or remove a hijab.

Religious rights need to be balanced appropriately with SSM rights. Otherwise, we're taking a step back, rather than a step forward towards inclusion.

Go You Good Things
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed 13 Jul, 2016 3:54 pm
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Go You Good Things » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 9:31 am

Earl,
You call their arguments childish, and 10 seconds later . . . you call them names.
Funny indeed.
Actually, looking back at this thread your go-to argument is to call people that hold opposing views to yours, "morons".
So left.

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 2758
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 12:11 pm

Time to move on.

We can start again when the first Christian gets hauled before a Court or Tribunal

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25340
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 12:44 pm

Jesus theres some nutjobs on here

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 3898
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 1:00 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 08 Dec, 2017 12:44 pm
Jesus theres some nutjobs on here
There should be laws protecting SSM folk from discrimination in essential industries and supplies like serving petrol at Oodnagullarbie (ask GC Tiger where the hell is?) in middle of desert.

Also in receiving the Last Rites from a Catholic priest on their death bed so they won't get a one-way pass to Hell for their abominable lifestyle.

It is other nutjobs turn now.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5461
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 2:27 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Thu 07 Dec, 2017 6:52 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 07 Dec, 2017 6:34 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 07 Dec, 2017 6:21 pm
Congratulations to the Lower house who have officially legalised SSM :D

Also a big contratulations to the public. If there wasn't such a strong push, there would never have been a plebiscite, and it would not have come this far.
It shouldn't have taken $120 million bucks

It was simple , people deserve equal rights no matter what

51 years since the Indigeneous have the right to vote , the gay /lesbian community have the right to marry

We aren't real quick on the upbeat sometimes , kind of embarrassing really :oops:

In the words of the great man ""IT IS WHAT IT IS""....obviously the people have spoken and the government has responded to the wishes of the community....it may suit some but not others...sobeit... :master:

That’s it exactly, Most votes that have ever been taken suits some , (usually the winners) and don’t suit others , ( usually the losers)
The majority in the public vote was extremely in favour of whats happening
And even the Pollies did the right thing and put it through
It all worked like Democracy is supposed to

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5461
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 2:48 pm

hammertime wrote:
Fri 08 Dec, 2017 8:32 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 03 Dec, 2017 2:02 am
Why can't service stations also refuse to serve SSM people - if that means that half way across the Nullabor gays die in the desert for lack of juice then bad luck. Stuff Presilla!
There are some really wild scenarios getting thrown about!

For me, it's simply asking people to be directly involved in what was a religious ceremony centred around their religious text where they may just politely refer them to another baker, dressmaker etc.

These religious books have been around for years and Christianity was the foundation of our society. We all know the gist of what they contain and people are just being a bit silly throwing around stupid scenarios. To let another man die would go against any religious text (Yes, probably even the Koran).

We're talking something that would be akin to forcing a muslim eat non-halal or remove a hijab.

Religious rights need to be balanced appropriately with SSM rights. Otherwise, we're taking a step back, rather than a step forward towards inclusion.
If we are to take all religious beliefs into consideration the whole place would be a mess,
They can be pulled out of a hat at will,
people won’t stand in court because of a new found RB,
Women won’t identify themselves to a male police officer.
That’s just a couple of doozies that have come up with Muslims,
All religions have So called R B’s some are genuine some are the results of some crackpot.
Some are created to suit the particular person.
Who decides which ones are geniune,

The law of the country overrules any other law and its the only was a country can run,
That’s just the way it is
Be religious if you want, but just don’t discriminate against any other human
Religion has done that for long enough, and it’s time some of them open their eyes and see the reality

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5461
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 3:04 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 08 Dec, 2017 1:00 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Fri 08 Dec, 2017 12:44 pm
Jesus theres some nutjobs on here
There should be laws protecting SSM folk from discrimination in essential industries and supplies like serving petrol at Oodnagullarbie (ask GC Tiger where the hell is?) in middle of desert.

Also in receiving the Last Rites from a Catholic priest on their death bed so they won't get a one-way pass to Hell for their abominable lifestyle.

It is other nutjobs turn now.
Leave Oodnagullarbie out of this, it is a quiet little oasis of sanity and has managed to evade religious wars for centuries, mainly by kicking the bejesus out of any bible bashing mongrel who sets foot in town, no matter what religion they’re selling,
They threw the last one who entered town , into the local waterhole, which did nothing to pacify the attitude of the old salty who inhabits said waterhole,
There’s no discrimination in that town, they hate everyone,

Ps just for those who were worried about the water hole ,Don’t be, the Salty got a bit sick; but recovered eventually, Damn nearly Choked though,
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Fri 08 Dec, 2017 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 16241
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 158 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 3:25 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 08 Dec, 2017 3:04 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 08 Dec, 2017 1:00 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Fri 08 Dec, 2017 12:44 pm
Jesus theres some nutjobs on here
There should be laws protecting SSM folk from discrimination in essential industries and supplies like serving petrol at Oodnagullarbie (ask GC Tiger where the hell is?) in middle of desert.

Also in receiving the Last Rites from a Catholic priest on their death bed so they won't get a one-way pass to Hell for their abominable lifestyle.

It is other nutjobs turn now.
Leave Oodnagullarbie out of this, it is a quiet little oasis of sanity and has managed to evade religious wars for centuries, mainly by kicking the bejesus out of any bible bashing mongrel who sets foot in town, no matter what religion they’re selling,
They threw the last one who entered town , into the local waterhole, which did nothing to pacify the attitude of the old salty who inhabits said waterhole,
There’s no discrimination in that town, they hate everyone,
I think you've managed to out-Byron Byron.

Simply outstanding :lol:
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 2590
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by Harvey » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 4:14 pm

Time for the 3rd instalment of the trilogy. "My big fat gay wedding". With the same use of stereotypes as the first two, potentially hilarious

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 3898
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 5:09 pm

Was amazing that Abbott abstained when the final vote came, after all the bluster for the past few years about the end of Christian civilisation. Maybe he was being pragmatic and thinking about next election. Did the opposing parliamentarians walk out before or after the vote? Only four voted against - what a complete opposite to about 13 years ago under backward Howard.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1679
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am
Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 91 times

Unread post by Earl » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 5:35 pm

Go You Good Things wrote:
Fri 08 Dec, 2017 9:31 am
Earl,
You call their arguments childish, and 10 seconds later . . . you call them names.
Funny indeed.
Actually, looking back at this thread your go-to argument is to call people that hold opposing views to yours, "morons".
So left.
This is where you guys get caught out. I'm not on the left. I'm far right. I believe in small governments, equal rights for everyone and the free market.

I also call morons morons.

Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”