Aretha Franklin sings no more

General Social Discussion
Demps

Re: Aretha Franklin sings no more

Post by Demps » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 7:59 am

R. I. P
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 10:03 am

https://www.freep.com/story/entertainme ... 008842002/

The Office of Barack and Michelle Obama also released this statement: "America has no royalty. But we do have a chance to earn something more enduring. Born in Memphis and raised in Detroit, Aretha Franklin grew up performing gospel songs in her father’s congregation. For more than six decades since, every time she sang, we were all graced with a glimpse of the divine.

"Through her compositions and unmatched musicianship, Aretha helped define the American experience. In her voice, we could feel our history, all of it and in every shade—our power and our pain, our darkness and our light, our quest for redemption and our hard-won respect. She helped us feel more connected to each other, more hopeful, more human. And sometimes she helped us just forget about everything else and dance.

"Aretha may have passed on to a better place, but the gift of her music remains to inspire us all. May the Queen of Soul rest in eternal peace. Michelle and I send our prayers and warmest sympathies to her family and all those moved by her song."

Aretha Franklin died at 76 years of age Thursday morning, surrounded by family at her home in Detroit, after a bout with advance pancreatic cancer. The entire world is spending the day mourning Franklin's death, sharing their grief on social media.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)