Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

General Social Discussion
magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3216
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Re: Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

Post by magpiecol » Thu 13 Sep, 2018 3:19 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 2:56 pm
Kerry Cogger wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 2:24 pm
formerguest wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 7:53 am
Yossarian wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 7:27 am
These are all long established trends.

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/12/64670879 ... -s-economy
Forest for the trees.

More noticeable US wise currently, is the disparity of the rise of corporate profits and filling of the 'one percent's' pockets since the tax cuts, when compared to minimal community benefits. That they have increased federal borrowings to recover the shortfall in taxes, whilst the rich get richer, is just plain wrong.

The post GFC corporate bailouts were similarly wrong, even though the incoming Obama administration had nothing to do with the financial deregulation that created the collapse.

Look at the MASSIVE jump in Blue collar jobs using Yossarians own trump doubting graphs you will see that it is much more than the 1% who has benefited greatly.Besides for the most part the elite 1% these days are Trump hating democrats and the working class is undoubtedly Trump in most areas of the US.The election proved it.
You meen the election where he got less votes than Clinton?
The American voting system is called " The electoral college ".

That is the only way to win the presidential election. Mr Trump won in a landslide.

But I am sure you knew this.

:bawling :bawling
Last edited by magpiecol on Thu 13 Sep, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Kerry Cogger
Member
Member
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed 04 Jul, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by Kerry Cogger » Thu 13 Sep, 2018 3:21 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Wed 12 Sep, 2018 7:00 pm
A telegraph article so it is all agenda with no credibility
Whole lot of fact based statistics.Maths doesnt lie my friend.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3481
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Thu 13 Sep, 2018 4:45 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 3:19 pm
jadtiger wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 2:56 pm
Kerry Cogger wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 2:24 pm
formerguest wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 7:53 am


Forest for the trees.

More noticeable US wise currently, is the disparity of the rise of corporate profits and filling of the 'one percent's' pockets since the tax cuts, when compared to minimal community benefits. That they have increased federal borrowings to recover the shortfall in taxes, whilst the rich get richer, is just plain wrong.

The post GFC corporate bailouts were similarly wrong, even though the incoming Obama administration had nothing to do with the financial deregulation that created the collapse.

Look at the MASSIVE jump in Blue collar jobs using Yossarians own trump doubting graphs you will see that it is much more than the 1% who has benefited greatly.Besides for the most part the elite 1% these days are Trump hating democrats and the working class is undoubtedly Trump in most areas of the US.The election proved it.
You meen the election where he got less votes than Clinton?
The American voting system is called " The electoral college ".

That is the only way to win the presidential election. Mr Trump won in a landslide.

But I am sure you knew this.

:bawling :bawling
trump still received less of the popular vote than clinton look it up if you dont accept that fact.I dont believe either would have made a decent president and the one who was elected is proving i am right

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4927
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 13 Sep, 2018 6:25 pm

formerguest wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 7:53 am
Yossarian wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 7:27 am
These are all long established trends.

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/12/64670879 ... -s-economy
Forest for the trees.

More noticeable US wise currently, is the disparity of the rise of corporate profits and filling of the 'one percent's' pockets since the tax cuts, when compared to minimal community benefits. That they have increased federal borrowings to recover the shortfall in taxes, whilst the rich get richer, is just plain wrong.

The post GFC corporate bailouts were similarly wrong, even though the incoming Obama administration had nothing to do with the financial deregulation that created the collapse.
I think that it was Clinton or Bush deregulated the financial system at the request of certain bankers. Then maybe it was Obama who tightened the system up to prevent a rehappening. Now Trump has loosened it again.

But let's concentrate on footy during the great final's games - I have been extremely political in my life but prefer we unite when finals are on and enjoy. That Souths and Dragons games were beauties.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4093
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Thu 13 Sep, 2018 7:20 pm

Kerry Cogger wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 2:24 pm
formerguest wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 7:53 am
Yossarian wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 7:27 am
These are all long established trends.

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/12/64670879 ... -s-economy
Forest for the trees.

More noticeable US wise currently, is the disparity of the rise of corporate profits and filling of the 'one percent's' pockets since the tax cuts, when compared to minimal community benefits. That they have increased federal borrowings to recover the shortfall in taxes, whilst the rich get richer, is just plain wrong.

The post GFC corporate bailouts were similarly wrong, even though the incoming Obama administration had nothing to do with the financial deregulation that created the collapse.

Look at the MASSIVE jump in Blue collar jobs using Yossarians own trump doubting graphs you will see that it is much more than the 1% who has benefited greatly.Besides for the most part the elite 1% these days are Trump hating democrats and the working class is undoubtedly Trump in most areas of the US.The election proved it.
No doubt there has been improvements in some areas, particularly in certain sectors of the blue collar workforce, which offsets slight stagnation, or slowing elsewhere in working class fields. GDP though is the overall position for growth or otherwise and is the measure for all economies.

The 1% definitely vote Republican, with very few exceptions, as they want deregulation that allows them to take more and more from the system. Interestingly, I saw some US government department figures a few years back that overwhelmingly showed just how much better the nation has fared over the last fifty years or so when the Democrats were in power. It wasn't even close, with the Republicans only better here and there on the various indices, and way behind stock market wise.

I'm a bit of a technotard, but as you have posted links here, you should easily find the figures.

.


formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4093
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Thu 13 Sep, 2018 7:30 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 6:25 pm
formerguest wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 7:53 am
Yossarian wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 7:27 am
These are all long established trends.

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/12/64670879 ... -s-economy
Forest for the trees.

More noticeable US wise currently, is the disparity of the rise of corporate profits and filling of the 'one percent's' pockets since the tax cuts, when compared to minimal community benefits. That they have increased federal borrowings to recover the shortfall in taxes, whilst the rich get richer, is just plain wrong.

The post GFC corporate bailouts were similarly wrong, even though the incoming Obama administration had nothing to do with the financial deregulation that created the collapse.
I think that it was Clinton or Bush deregulated the financial system at the request of certain bankers. Then maybe it was Obama who tightened the system up to prevent a rehappening. Now Trump has loosened it again.

But let's concentrate on footy during the great final's games - I have been extremely political in my life but prefer we unite when finals are on and enjoy. That Souths and Dragons games were beauties.
WT aren't playing finals, again, so couldn't give two hoots.

My recollection is of an initial Clinton appointment from Goldman Sachs, which became a flood from the same firm under George W and we all know what resulted from that collaboration, which played out some ten years ago now.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4927
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 13 Sep, 2018 9:53 pm

formerguest wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 7:30 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 6:25 pm
formerguest wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 7:53 am
Yossarian wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 7:27 am
These are all long established trends.

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/12/64670879 ... -s-economy
Forest for the trees.

More noticeable US wise currently, is the disparity of the rise of corporate profits and filling of the 'one percent's' pockets since the tax cuts, when compared to minimal community benefits. That they have increased federal borrowings to recover the shortfall in taxes, whilst the rich get richer, is just plain wrong.

The post GFC corporate bailouts were similarly wrong, even though the incoming Obama administration had nothing to do with the financial deregulation that created the collapse.
I think that it was Clinton or Bush deregulated the financial system at the request of certain bankers. Then maybe it was Obama who tightened the system up to prevent a rehappening. Now Trump has loosened it again.

But let's concentrate on footy during the great final's games - I have been extremely political in my life but prefer we unite when finals are on and enjoy. That Souths and Dragons games were beauties.
WT aren't playing finals, again, so couldn't give two hoots.

My recollection is of an initial Clinton appointment from Goldman Sachs, which became a flood from the same firm under George W and we all know what resulted from that collaboration, which played out some ten years ago now.
And some 20 years later Trump loosened Obama's safeguards after also employing bods from goldman Sachs.

We could say that WT team is like USA economy - goes dormant for years.

Now former guest if I check out your posts record would I find you discussing the Finals with one, two or three hoots?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Kerry Cogger
Member
Member
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed 04 Jul, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by Kerry Cogger » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 3:15 pm

formerguest wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 7:20 pm
Kerry Cogger wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 2:24 pm
formerguest wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 7:53 am
Yossarian wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 7:27 am
These are all long established trends.

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/12/64670879 ... -s-economy
Forest for the trees.

More noticeable US wise currently, is the disparity of the rise of corporate profits and filling of the 'one percent's' pockets since the tax cuts, when compared to minimal community benefits. That they have increased federal borrowings to recover the shortfall in taxes, whilst the rich get richer, is just plain wrong.

The post GFC corporate bailouts were similarly wrong, even though the incoming Obama administration had nothing to do with the financial deregulation that created the collapse.

Look at the MASSIVE jump in Blue collar jobs using Yossarians own trump doubting graphs you will see that it is much more than the 1% who has benefited greatly.Besides for the most part the elite 1% these days are Trump hating democrats and the working class is undoubtedly Trump in most areas of the US.The election proved it.
No doubt there has been improvements in some areas, particularly in certain sectors of the blue collar workforce, which offsets slight stagnation, or slowing elsewhere in working class fields. GDP though is the overall position for growth or otherwise and is the measure for all economies.

The 1% definitely vote Republican, with very few exceptions, as they want deregulation that allows them to take more and more from the system. Interestingly, I saw some US government department figures a few years back that overwhelmingly showed just how much better the nation has fared over the last fifty years or so when the Democrats were in power. It wasn't even close, with the Republicans only better here and there on the various indices, and way behind stock market wise.

I'm a bit of a technotard, but as you have posted links here, you should easily find the figures.

.

I couldn't care less about democrat or republican to be honest.What I love about Donald Trump is the way he has lit a fire under the asses of all these greedy corrupt US senators etc from BOTH SIDES of politics.Really is draining the swamp.I would step with caution with anything anti republican written these days as the media is 100% democat.The George soros's,mark zuckerbergs of the world are all democrat are they not,also don't forget that the democrats campaign spending absolutely dwarfed the republican election spending so to say the 1% elite is definitely republican I feel is incorrect.

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3216
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 11:06 pm

Kerry Cogger wrote:
Fri 14 Sep, 2018 3:15 pm
formerguest wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 7:20 pm
Kerry Cogger wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 2:24 pm
formerguest wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 7:53 am


Forest for the trees.

More noticeable US wise currently, is the disparity of the rise of corporate profits and filling of the 'one percent's' pockets since the tax cuts, when compared to minimal community benefits. That they have increased federal borrowings to recover the shortfall in taxes, whilst the rich get richer, is just plain wrong.

The post GFC corporate bailouts were similarly wrong, even though the incoming Obama administration had nothing to do with the financial deregulation that created the collapse.

Look at the MASSIVE jump in Blue collar jobs using Yossarians own trump doubting graphs you will see that it is much more than the 1% who has benefited greatly.Besides for the most part the elite 1% these days are Trump hating democrats and the working class is undoubtedly Trump in most areas of the US.The election proved it.
No doubt there has been improvements in some areas, particularly in certain sectors of the blue collar workforce, which offsets slight stagnation, or slowing elsewhere in working class fields. GDP though is the overall position for growth or otherwise and is the measure for all economies.

The 1% definitely vote Republican, with very few exceptions, as they want deregulation that allows them to take more and more from the system. Interestingly, I saw some US government department figures a few years back that overwhelmingly showed just how much better the nation has fared over the last fifty years or so when the Democrats were in power. It wasn't even close, with the Republicans only better here and there on the various indices, and way behind stock market wise.

I'm a bit of a technotard, but as you have posted links here, you should easily find the figures.

.

I couldn't care less about democrat or republican to be honest.What I love about Donald Trump is the way he has lit a fire under the asses of all these greedy corrupt US senators etc from BOTH SIDES of politics.Really is draining the swamp.I would step with caution with anything anti republican written these days as the media is 100% democat.The George soros's,mark zuckerbergs of the world are all democrat are they not,also don't forget that the democrats campaign spending absolutely dwarfed the republican election spending so to say the 1% elite is definitely republican I feel is incorrect.

I agree.

We could do with a Donald Trump down here. He would certainly put the skids under our lot.

:righton:

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22673
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 5:32 am

Another guilty plea in the so called witch hunt.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4927
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 6:46 am

when John Howard went idiotically to the Right he got thrown out by the Centre, I wish Trump would come here and lead the LIberals so they will get wiped out just as Republicians are about to - that would occur before elections
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3216
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 10:22 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 6:46 am
when John Howard went idiotically to the Right he got thrown out by the Centre, I wish Trump would come here and lead the LIberals so they will get wiped out just as :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll Republicians are about to - that would occur before elections
I bet you thought that crooked Hillary would win.

The haters still can't get over it.

Only six years to go, then they can freak out over the new president, Nicki Hailey.

Fun times for little Audrey.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4927
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 11:35 am

magpiecol wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 10:22 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 6:46 am
when John Howard went idiotically to the Right he got thrown out by the Centre, I wish Trump would come here and lead the LIberals so they will get wiped out just as :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll Republicians are about to - that would occur before elections
I bet you thought that crooked Hillary would win.

The haters still can't get over it.

Only six years to go, then they can freak out over the new president, Nicki Hailey.

Fun times for little Audrey.
Because of non-compulsory in the USA I was not sure plus I knew that Obama had tapped into something special that Hilary could not. Hilary deliberately did not fight hard and dirty in the debates so I was not hopeful for her as she could be seen as weak and being dominated. USA is in the same position as China went they went through the GPCR. It does not take too many years for the facade to fall apart in both cases.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22673
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 12:05 pm

The irony that Col laughs at someone for believing Hilary would win, then turning round and saying #Donthecon will be in office another 6 years. Let’s see how he fairs when the special council files his report. He’s toast.

Now I wait for Col with the predictable :crazy :crazy

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22673
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 12:08 pm

Hillary and Don the con are equally criminals. The difference is, Hillary is intelligent enough to know how to hide her crimes. Trump is clueless and does them in the open.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3481
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 12:16 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 12:08 pm
Hillary and Don the con are equally criminals. The difference is, Hillary is intelligent enough to know how to hide her crimes. Trump is clueless and does them in the open.
x2 the USA had close to the 2 worst possible candidates to pick from at the last election.To be president you have to be a multi millionaire the american sytem is far worse than ours in that regard.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22673
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 12:22 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 12:16 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 12:08 pm
Hillary and Don the con are equally criminals. The difference is, Hillary is intelligent enough to know how to hide her crimes. Trump is clueless and does them in the open.
x2 the USA had close to the 2 worst possible candidates to pick from at the last election.To be president you have to be a multi millionaire the american sytem is far worse than ours in that regard.
If there’s one positive in any of this, hopefully the political landscape gets a much needed overhaul. As Obama said. Trump is a symptom, not the cause.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18142
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 2:45 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 12:22 pm
jadtiger wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 12:16 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 12:08 pm
Hillary and Don the con are equally criminals. The difference is, Hillary is intelligent enough to know how to hide her crimes. Trump is clueless and does them in the open.
x2 the USA had close to the 2 worst possible candidates to pick from at the last election.To be president you have to be a multi millionaire the american sytem is far worse than ours in that regard.
If there’s one positive in any of this, hopefully the political landscape gets a much needed overhaul. As Obama said. Trump is a symptom, not the cause.
The South Park episode regarding crap sandwiches and giant douches comes to mind.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Post Reply