Tough new laws to combat alcohol-fuelled violence

General Social Discussion
User avatar
Peaches
Member
Member
Posts: 2876
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:35 pm
Location: Mount Pritchard

Tough new laws to combat alcohol-fuelled violence

Post by Peaches » Tue 21 Jan, 2014 4:04 pm

From my experiences, over in Europe nightclubs don't even open until after midnight. And the whole drinking culture is different. People were drunk everywhere though the anger and aggressiveness we see here I didn't see over there. People drink to have a good time over there. Over here people turn aggressive.
Which makes me think, it's the drugs and the attitudes people here are taking on.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013


User avatar
alex
Member
Member
Posts: 3624
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: Haberfield

Post by alex » Tue 21 Jan, 2014 4:36 pm

Peaches wrote:From my experiences, over in Europe nightclubs don't even open until after midnight. And the whole drinking culture is different. People were drunk everywhere though the anger and aggressiveness we see here I didn't see over there. People drink to have a good time over there. Over here people turn aggressive.
Which makes me think, it's the drugs and the attitudes people here are taking on.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Drugs? The only danger of someone on pills is getting hugged to death

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 16716
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 21 Jan, 2014 4:48 pm

alex wrote:
Peaches wrote:From my experiences, over in Europe nightclubs don't even open until after midnight. And the whole drinking culture is different. People were drunk everywhere though the anger and aggressiveness we see here I didn't see over there. People drink to have a good time over there. Over here people turn aggressive.
Which makes me think, it's the drugs and the attitudes people here are taking on.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Drugs? The only danger of someone on pills is getting hugged to death
Clearly you've never seen someone rats-arsed on Ice.
Don't try to tell me awesome power can corrupt a person, you haven't enough to know what it's like; you're only angry because you wish you were in my position, you nod your head because you know that I'm right.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

User avatar
alex
Member
Member
Posts: 3624
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: Haberfield

Post by alex » Tue 21 Jan, 2014 4:51 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
alex wrote:
Peaches wrote:From my experiences, over in Europe nightclubs don't even open until after midnight. And the whole drinking culture is different. People were drunk everywhere though the anger and aggressiveness we see here I didn't see over there. People drink to have a good time over there. Over here people turn aggressive.
Which makes me think, it's the drugs and the attitudes people here are taking on.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Drugs? The only danger of someone on pills is getting hugged to death
Clearly you've never seen someone rats-arsed on Ice.

Kinda said it tongue in cheek... I agree there's heavy issues with drugs

User avatar
Peaches
Member
Member
Posts: 2876
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:35 pm
Location: Mount Pritchard

Post by Peaches » Tue 21 Jan, 2014 6:07 pm

Channel 9 news reported backpacker hostels can find a loophole so that will have to be addressed otherwise it will or just move there.

I really think though that more public transport at that time of the night will help move people from these areas as well.

I suspect a 3am close will lead to more trouble with everyone out on the streets at the same time and everyone wanting to get home quickly without it being possible.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013


User avatar
alex
Member
Member
Posts: 3624
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: Haberfield

Post by alex » Wed 22 Jan, 2014 6:18 am

Both the fatal king hits happened around 9-10pm. Lockouts/termination of drink sales wont stop it.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 16716
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 22 Jan, 2014 10:33 am

I would hazard a guess most of threes blokes are turning up to the Cross already smashed.

They have enough money for Henley's shirts and gym memberships, but not enough to actually spend money in the area they are causing trouble in.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Don't try to tell me awesome power can corrupt a person, you haven't enough to know what it's like; you're only angry because you wish you were in my position, you nod your head because you know that I'm right.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Post Reply