Rafa Nadal

General Social Discussion
happy tiger

Rafa Nadal

Post by happy tiger » Sun 26 Jan, 2014 10:19 pm

I've never been a big fan of Nadal's ,fantastic tennis player don't get me wrong but I have always thought he would bend rules to suit his needs

My opinion changed tonight

Bad back injury which he amazingly battled back from 2-0 down to win the third barely serving at 150-160 km/h

He was obviously far healthier in the 4th but went down

I hope Tomic watched tonight , that's what you do when your injured , you fight until your beaten

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sun 26 Jan, 2014 11:09 pm

agree, but i was a bit unsure about him just trotting off for treatment, and then receiving a massage on the changeover.
still, great to see him battle through.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 26 Jan, 2014 11:56 pm

happy tiger wrote:I hope Tomic watched tonight , that's what you do when your injured , you fight until your beaten
Tomic had a MRI on his grown which showed a tear and has also since had a hip operation suffering from a condition which affects an athletes mobility. There is a bit of a difference between a rd 1 underdog and a grand slam final in regards to when an injury forced retirement is an option too.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Mon 27 Jan, 2014 12:01 am

I've been a Rafa fan, tonight he showed why, there is no quit in the guy.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 27 Jan, 2014 12:18 am

Peaches wrote:
happy tiger wrote:I hope Tomic watched tonight , that's what you do when your injured , you fight until your beaten
Tomic had a MRI on his grown which showed a tear and has also since had a hip operation suffering from a condition which affects an athletes mobility. There is a bit of a difference between a rd 1 underdog and a grand slam final in regards to when an injury forced retirement is an option too.

And what , did he injure both during his Round 1 clash v Nadal

Probably not , carried injuries into the match no doubt

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Mon 27 Jan, 2014 9:37 am

happy tiger wrote:
Peaches wrote:

He apparently did the groin tear before HSBC and the hip condition is something they must have found when he got the MRI.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 27 Jan, 2014 10:04 am

Peaches wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Peaches wrote:

He apparently did the groin tear before HSBC and the hip condition is something they must have found when he got the MRI.

Andy Murray wrote an article saying that it was common knowledge that Tomic had both injuries the day before the Australian Open started

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Mon 27 Jan, 2014 11:02 am

Unfortunately serve and volleyers are distinct creatures and boring baseliners still dominate :(.
I don't like baseliners, even attacking baseliners like Rafa, but no one can deny his attitude and personality, what a champion :)
Simply inspirational :)

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Mon 27 Jan, 2014 11:17 am

InBenjiWeTrust wrote:Unfortunately serve and volleyers are distinct creatures and boring baseliners still dominate :(.
I don't like baseliners, even attacking baseliners like Rafa, but no one can deny his attitude and personality, what a champion :)
Simply inspirational :)
I heard that with the technology advances in strings and the spin and power players now hit the ball with, we are pretty unlikely to see a top serve and volley player anytime soon. That's quite unfortunate I feel as it's good to see some variety in each game.

Tigersman

Post by Tigersman » Mon 27 Jan, 2014 11:30 am

It was a great game, Rafa played his heart out and he pulled through, you could see the agony on his face during the ceremony. To tell you the truth i didn't really care who won because my player went in the semis, but i backed Stanislas Wawrinka because i thought he would be the underdog and i love underdogs. I was out last night and when i came home and switched on the tv and saw Stan winning the first set 6-3 i couldn't believe it i didn't know what happened after the first set i watched the match on and off while playing a pc game and you could see Rafa was in ALOT of pain after his Injury time out and Stan just piled on the points to go 2 sets to 0 and i watched the 3rd set very closely and rafa pulled through the pain and trust tried his heart out to win the third and succeeded in doing so and at that moment i had the ultimate respect for him he is a true warrior and fights until he is beaten. If only some of these Tigers players had the heart Rafa has .
Tigersman since 2013!

pacey

Post by pacey » Tue 28 Jan, 2014 12:14 am

If that was Novak Djokovic in Nadals shoes he would have quit straight away.

Respect for Nadal.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 28 Jan, 2014 12:28 am

I remember him doing this knee before against ferrer when he even came out in the presser and said that he knew he was no chance but he wanted ferrer to give ferrer the win he deserves.

As far as his time consumption goes- don't quote me on this but I have a feeling he has OCD. Told my friend this and he mentioned ch7 showed an article on this earlier.

Rafa is a champion. He just always goes into another gear when you think he's done.

My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 28 Jan, 2014 12:40 am

tig_prmz wrote:I remember him doing this knee before against ferrer when he even came out in the presser and said that he knew he was no chance but he wanted ferrer to give ferrer the win he deserves.

As far as his time consumption goes- don't quote me on this but I have a feeling he has OCD. Told my friend this and he mentioned ch7 showed an article on this earlier.

Rafa is a champion. He just always goes into another gear when you think he's done.

I was amazed when I found out that a lot more tennis and golfers have OCD's than you'd imagine

Something to do with the repetitive nature of the routines they through

Both the Woodies had OCD's

Phil Mickelson and Nick Faldo do