Are we sick of Schapelle yet

General Social Discussion
User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32957
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Re: Are we sick of Schapelle yet

Post by willow » Tue 11 Feb, 2014 9:51 am

Every crime needs a good conspiracy Smeg!


User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17826
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 11 Feb, 2014 2:42 pm

stryker wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote: Whole family is known to have been involved in drugs.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Yeah thats a popular view isnt it? Unfortunately for you, it is also baseless. Despite what you may have read or heard on tv, there is zero evidence that anyone in the family was involved with drugs in a trafficing or distribution capacity. There has been many accusations, and every one of them have proven to be payed testimonies that have been found out to be lies. There is no police records on any of them, in fact none of them were on any radar with regard to dealing before she was arrested.

The majority of these "whistle blowers" hit the circuit in 2008. Do you know what else happened that year? Michael Corby, the one who was accused as being the lynchpin, died of cancer. These gutless a-holes accused a deadman of putting his own daughter behind bars. The ABC ran riot with the stories until it was proven that they were all false due to 100% lack of evidence. McCauley, the prime witness who claimed he was Michaels partner and Schapelle's boss so to speak came up with his story after Mick had died, thus taking away a voice who could fight the accusations and after he had done a stretch for transportation of 100 kilos of pot from SA to QLD. He served 15 months for this crime. Any reasonable person could see that he fabricated details in a deal to save his own skin. It was proven without a shadow of a doubt 2 years later when photographs he produced depicting him and Schapelle meeting before she was arrested was actually taken in Kerbokan prison after analysis. There have been others including cousins who have tried to cash in by labelling the family as trafficers but again zero evidence has ever been produced to back these claims up. One bloke Tony Lewis who was reported to be Micks best mate even said when he was busted with 200 pounds of the drug destined for indonesia "Mick wouldnt have been aware of this crop as I barely knew him". The claim it was destined for that country was also vehemently denied and that is backed up by a UN report that 'no marijuana has ever been smuggled from Australia into Indonesia" and why would it be when you are losing such a massive ROI?

There is no evidence on her brother Mick as there is none on her sister Mercedes. The girl that came forward against Mercedes was found in a court of law to have fabricated a total "work of fiction complete with baseless, unfounded rumours of knowledge". She was also paid a reported $60k for her story. There have been defamtion proceedings won by Mercedes in this area.

So no mate I am not going to 'agree to disagree' with you. You have no proof for your claims.
I said involved in drugs, that can mean possession, distribution and use. A bit of hyperbole on my part saying her whole family was involved, but here's an article that confirms her father being nabbed for drug possession and use, and also having mates run a cannabis operation on his property:

http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/opinion/s ... 6821901185

One that confirms her brother had been gaoled for break and enter & drug possession:

http://www.news.com.au/national/schapel ... 6820832039

So, yeah there is information floating around about their history to back my claims up. Don't you think if this was all BS, horseteeth would have started defamation proceedings by now?

Doesn't matter now anyway, she'll live her life in relative luxury with plenty of money for spliffs now...

Image
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5580
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am

Post by Newtown » Tue 11 Feb, 2014 2:43 pm

Wake up Australia. This country is full of people who were sent to jail due to drug related crimes. When they are released from jail they, most often due to their drug habits, go back to the streets to live and become caught in the cycle of crime for the rest of their lives. What consideration is given to this huge social problem. The only ones laughing are the drug pushers. .

User avatar
Flippedy
Member
Member
Posts: 7913
Joined: Mon 19 Oct, 2009 10:58 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Post by Flippedy » Tue 11 Feb, 2014 6:38 pm

stryker wrote:Prince William having a baby is a non story. Taylor Swift breaking up with another boyfriend is a non story. Miley Cyrus wearing an outfit with her crutch showing for the 50th time is a non story. Lote Tuqiri cheating on his wife is a non story.

This is a story and if you did some research instead of relying upon news reports your attitudes may change. I respect most of you guys but FFS this is a human being who may well have had her life destroyed on an accusation alone. Some of the worst things I have read in this forum have been in this thread.


I could not agree with you more, Stryker. This is a really disappointing thread that I'm now so sorry I visited. I was hoping to see some support for this young lady, who has been through hell and somehow survived, but apart from your comments, all I see is vitriol and judgment heaped upon someone they know nothing about! And to call it a 'non-story' is just utterly absurd! I'm sure they wouldn't be saying that if it was happening to them or someone close to them.

I found your facts about the case interesting and they support the 'gut feeling' I have always held about Schapelle Corby's innocence from day one. It's the same gut feeling I had about Lindy Chamberlain, which turned out to be correct. You'd think people would learn from that case and not be so damn quick to cry 'GUILTY!' again, but I guess criticising and disparaging someone with such vitriol makes people feel better about their own shortcomings.

God help any one of us if we are ever falsely accused and imprisoned, whilst proclaiming our innocence, because by all accounts, it appears your countrymen and women will just drop you like a hot spud!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32957
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Tue 11 Feb, 2014 8:24 pm

She wasn't falsely imprisoned.


User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Tue 11 Feb, 2014 8:43 pm

willow wrote:She wasn't falsely imprisoned.
I love how you say this with such authority Willow when you have proven you have an extremly basic knowledge of criminal law and especially that of Indonesian. I called you on this twice last night and invited you to discuss some other facts. Your reply was to log off and run away only to return this morning when I wasnt online and join your mate in making snide remarks about conspiracy theories. That is gutless behaviour. I dont care anymore what you have to say in this thread as you have no idea what you are talking about.

User avatar
kafta
Member
Member
Posts: 1813
Joined: Fri 16 Mar, 2012 10:07 pm

Post by kafta » Tue 11 Feb, 2014 8:46 pm

Well she is not getting as much coverage as Buddy Gordon's release ;)

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28964
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Tue 11 Feb, 2014 9:24 pm

Apparently if you havent been following every move of a junkie drug smuggler for the last nine years...you havent been doing your research and only swallow what the media tell us...Some of us really couldnt give a s***..but because one does...they have all the facts

Ho hum

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32957
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Tue 11 Feb, 2014 9:28 pm

stryker wrote:
willow wrote:She wasn't falsely imprisoned.
I love how you say this with such authority Willow when you have proven you have an extremly basic knowledge of criminal law and especially that of Indonesian. I called you on this twice last night and invited you to discuss some other facts. Your reply was to log off and run away only to return this morning when I wasnt online and join your mate in making snide remarks about conspiracy theories. That is gutless behaviour. I dont care anymore what you have to say in this thread as you have no idea what you are talking about.
Believe what you will Stryker, this is the internet afterall.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28964
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Tue 11 Feb, 2014 9:34 pm

Ho hum
Last edited by innsaneink on Tue 11 Feb, 2014 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9451
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Tue 11 Feb, 2014 9:34 pm

stryker wrote:
willow wrote:She wasn't falsely imprisoned.
I love how you say this with such authority Willow when you have proven you have an extremly basic knowledge of criminal law and especially that of Indonesian. I called you on this twice last night and invited you to discuss some other facts. Your reply was to log off and run away only to return this morning when I wasnt online and join your mate in making snide remarks about conspiracy theories. That is gutless behaviour. I dont care anymore what you have to say in this thread as you have no idea what you are talking about.
So you're not a friend of the family?
Image

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28964
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Tue 11 Feb, 2014 9:35 pm

]Apparently if you havent been following every move of a junkie drug smuggler for the last nine years...you havent been doing your research and only swallow what the media tells you .Some of us really couldnt give a s***..but because one does...they have all the facts

Ho hum

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28964
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Tue 11 Feb, 2014 9:40 pm

:deadhorse: yes

User avatar
Peaches
Member
Member
Posts: 2876
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:35 pm
Location: Mount Pritchard

Post by Peaches » Tue 11 Feb, 2014 9:45 pm

Here's some perspective

Image

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

User avatar
foreveratiger
Member
Member
Posts: 12029
Joined: Mon 27 Jun, 2011 8:03 pm

Post by foreveratiger » Tue 11 Feb, 2014 9:53 pm

willow wrote:
stryker wrote:
willow wrote:She wasn't falsely imprisoned.
I love how you say this with such authority Willow when you have proven you have an extremly basic knowledge of criminal law and especially that of Indonesian. I called you on this twice last night and invited you to discuss some other facts. Your reply was to log off and run away only to return this morning when I wasnt online and join your mate in making snide remarks about conspiracy theories. That is gutless behaviour. I dont care anymore what you have to say in this thread as you have no idea what you are talking about.
Believe what you will Stryker, this is the internet afterall.
Willow I think your reply's are very wise .
All I will say is I know a fair bit more than most do , we looked after Schapelle's dying Father a couple of years ago in the Hospital , all I will say she was guilty .
I'm sworn to Patient's Confidentiality so I will not say what was said at the time .
Her Family were well known for there selling of Drugs in our area .
I will not say any more on this.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Tue 11 Feb, 2014 10:06 pm

Cheers Flip, I also had a bad feeling about this when it first happened. I am not trying to convince people of her innocence, even though I personally believe in it – she could well be guilty. What I am saying is that there is just not enough evidence for a conviction. Even if she was guilty, she should have gotten off because in any criminal proceeding the burden of proof is upon the prosecution who have to prove their case beyond reasonable doubt. What ended happening in this trial was a media circus erupted complete with defamatory statements and lies (which I’ll detail in a moment) from authority heads in Australia, he said, she said testimonies from prisoners, suspected drug couriers and corrupted customs staff…all taking place in front of a panel of judges who were hand selected due to their 100% combined conviction record in over 600 similar cases. In the end she had to prove the drugs were not hers and that was made almost impossible when certain fundamental protocols were not followed and her defence team was barred from introducing favourable evidence. Below are some very important points that were excluded from her defence and subsequent appeals:
• Commissioner Mick Keelty stated that he had no knowledge of corruption within Australia’s airports with relation to the transportation of illicit substances. This statement came despite the fact that the NSW Crime Commission was orchestrating Operation Mocha – an intensive surveillance on customs officers and baggage handlers at Sydney Domestic on the very day Schapelle travelled through there.
• Senior drugs investigator and former Associate Director of the NSW Crimes Commission, Mark Standen was himself caught in the operation and is now serving a 20 year stretch – in Australia. Disgraced police officer Christopher Laycock was also arrested and convicted and served 4 years.
• The United Nations 2007 World Drugs Report concluded that not only was smuggling and transportation of drugs through Australian airports happening – but it was rife.
• Whistle blower Allan Kessing, a former Sydney Airport Customs Officer wrote reviews in 2002 and 2003 condemning the “epidemic” of drug transportation through the airport.
• Wikileaks released an email from Stratfor’s Global Intelligence Tactical Analysts, Marko Primorac describing the endemic and pernicious drugs trafficking through our airports – where corrupted airport baggage handlers plant quantities of illicit substances in the luggage of unsuspecting passengers, turning them into unwitting drug mules. Mr Primorac described what Australian customs officer, Allan Kessing had described, that airport services corruption is rife, and that it was only going to get worse.
• Over a four year period, an international team of investigators and researchers compiled a dossier of evidence arguing Schapelle Corby’s innocence. They submitted the evidence to the ACC, the AFP and the Australian Government. They never received acknowledgement of having done so. Alexander Downer even said he had no recollection of ever receiving these reports.
This evidence does not involve Indonesia at all Winnipeg. This was totally an Australian crime that accidently made its way to Indonesia. There was no subversion of the Indonesian justice system, but there was certainly a cover up over here to minimalize the impact of further fractured relations with that country. The powers that be in this country were fully aware at the time this stuff was going on and were actively trying to dismantle the network. Next thing they know, a girl has shown up in Bali with a bag full of pot claiming she has fallen victim of these practices. It would have been a major embarrassment for the truth to have gotten out so she was left to her own devices, without any cooperation from our authorities to strengthen her defence of these charges.
The puzzling part about the whole thing is that her guilt or innocence could have been proven almost immediately if certain protocols were followed.
1. Her team were allowed to have the bags the pot was in to be fingerprinted and forensically tested for country of origin. Instead, everyone from the Balinese customs officers, police and even the judges handled the evidence with bare hands before disallowing the testing and destroying the evidence by fire.
2. The AFP made available to her team the check in weight of her bag at Sydney Airport. This would have hung or absolved her immediately. This evidence was never released as it became lost during Operation Mocha.
3. The CCTV footages of Schapelle in both Brisbane and Sydney airports were released. The bag of pot was huge and would have easily stood out in the boogie board bag on camera. The Judges ruled this evidence irrelevant and denied her team access to it.
The point is that there was just not enough evidence other than she had it in her bag to convict her. As I pointed out earlier, to gain conviction secondary evidence had to be produced and proven. The primary evidence was the pot, but there was zero secondary evidence.
It should also be pointed out that the AFP conducted no investigations whatsoever as to who supplied her with the drugs in Australia. Likewise the Balinese conducted no investigation on their end as to whom the drugs were intended.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Tue 11 Feb, 2014 10:08 pm

smeghead wrote:
stryker wrote:
willow wrote:She wasn't falsely imprisoned.
I love how you say this with such authority Willow when you have proven you have an extremly basic knowledge of criminal law and especially that of Indonesian. I called you on this twice last night and invited you to discuss some other facts. Your reply was to log off and run away only to return this morning when I wasnt online and join your mate in making snide remarks about conspiracy theories. That is gutless behaviour. I dont care anymore what you have to say in this thread as you have no idea what you are talking about.
So you're not a friend of the family?
No I have never met them.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40527
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 11 Feb, 2014 10:09 pm

Wondering why my comment about the Corby's being known small time dealers for at least 15-20 years was deleted ??

Post Reply