2 Bobs worth on Hybrid game

General Social Discussion
stryker

2 Bobs worth on Hybrid game

Post by stryker » Sun 16 Mar, 2014 1:10 pm

Heard Bob Dwyer before talking about his and Bob Fulton's efforts to make this a reality.
Basically you play Rugby League in your own half to negate the negative kicking in union the if you make halfway still in possession then the attack becomes union rules for rolling mauls etc. When in your own half, you have 60 seconds to cross halfway. Once achieved you have a fresh 60 seconds to score. 40/20 has been replaced with 50/20 and the game is 13 a side.
Bob said he has been to 2 games now and it is quite a spectacle. By eradicating the negative aspects of both codes we are left with a game that only embraces the strengths of both codes.
Sounds interesting see how it goes though. I would like to see a game in action before making my mind up on whether it can succeed.

Thoughts?

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Mon 17 Mar, 2014 12:25 pm

It will happen one day as there are enough people interested to watch it and make money. I doubt it would be successful though. Too much tinkering and it won't look like either sport and it will have its own top players from neither code that are more suited to it.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013