Films - not movies

General Social Discussion
User avatar
mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1544
Joined: Mon 28 Jun, 2010 8:32 pm
Location: Hornsby

Re: Films - not movies

Post by mike » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 3:33 pm

Classic Sci-Fi:
Forbidden Planet
The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
Blade Runner
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
The Empire Strikes Back
Alien
The Wrath Of Khan (1982)
RoboCop (1987)
Terminator 2
Jurassic Park (1993)
The Fifth Element
The Matrix
Galaxy Quest
Serenity
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999


User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 2741
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 4:17 pm

From dusk till dawn is a classic. Also most the movies George Romero put together

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 16241
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 4:22 pm

Seven Samurai.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25373
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 4:59 pm

Watched one the other day on Fox I'd forgotten about Arlington Road..Jeff Bridges and Tim Robbins at his finest..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 1707
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Tacky » Sun 10 Dec, 2017 4:26 pm

Aliens > Alien
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club


NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2320
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 10 Dec, 2017 5:49 pm

My all time favourite, Blood Simple. The original american version.
"Quality Stupidity"

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2352
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Sun 10 Dec, 2017 6:35 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 08 Dec, 2017 4:22 pm
Seven Samurai.
Kurosawa made some excellent movies which hollywood copied.Magnificent Seven and Star Wars being the 2 most notable

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 16241
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 10 Dec, 2017 9:46 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Sun 10 Dec, 2017 6:35 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 08 Dec, 2017 4:22 pm
Seven Samurai.
Kurosawa made some excellent movies which hollywood copied.Magnificent Seven and Star Wars being the 2 most notable
Yojimbo as well (a fistful of dollars.)
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 19328
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 10 Dec, 2017 9:59 pm

Plan 9 From Outer Space.

Ed Wood with Johnny Depp playing Ed is also a classic.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 30074
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth

Post by willow » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 6:01 am

Some of the more recent action/thriller oriented films I've seen:

Sicario
Wind River
Bladerunner 2049

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 3902
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 8:17 am

what is the difference between films and movies?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3415
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 8:23 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 8:17 am
what is the difference between films and movies?
Thought you were smarter than that BBF!

One is spelt F I L M S and the other is spelt M O V I E S.

That is the difference....Simples

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 7106
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 8:51 am

Russell wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 8:23 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 8:17 am
what is the difference between films and movies?
Thought you were smarter than that BBF!

One is spelt F I L M S and the other is spelt M O V I E S.

That is the difference....Simples
:roll
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 7106
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 8:53 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 8:17 am
what is the difference between films and movies?
Movie/movies is an American term

Film/ Films is an English term

Simples !
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 3902
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 4:15 pm

hobbo wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 8:53 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 8:17 am
what is the difference between films and movies?
Movie/movies is an American term

Film/ Films is an English term

Simples !
So was Mike the thread starter referring to UK productions only?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 7106
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 4:41 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 4:15 pm
hobbo wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 8:53 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 8:17 am
what is the difference between films and movies?
Movie/movies is an American term

Film/ Films is an English term

Simples !
So was Mike the thread starter referring to UK productions only?
Don't know mate ... Ask him !
American History started the thread , Mike just bumped the thread .
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 3902
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 5:15 pm

hobbo wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 4:41 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 4:15 pm
hobbo wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 8:53 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 8:17 am
what is the difference between films and movies?
Movie/movies is an American term

Film/ Films is an English term

Simples !
So was Mike the thread starter referring to UK productions only?
Don't know mate ... Ask him !
American History started the thread , Mike just bumped the thread .
I wonder what American History thinks about recents films on his mate Donald and how he will be judged in history?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 1033
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 10:17 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 5:15 pm
hobbo wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 4:41 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 4:15 pm
hobbo wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 8:53 am


Movie/movies is an American term

Film/ Films is an English term

Simples !
So was Mike the thread starter referring to UK productions only?
Don't know mate ... Ask him !
American History started the thread , Mike just bumped the thread .
I wonder what American History thinks about recents films on his mate Donald and how he will be judged in history?
Donald 'pouting duck bum face' Trump?

Post Reply
cron