Pies : Where do you buy your favourite and what is it

General Social Discussion
Balmainbred
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Pies : Where do you buy your favourite and what is it

Post by Balmainbred » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 6:26 am

Yatala Pies,between Goldy & Bris. Lamb Coconut curry.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 6:57 am

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 18 Dec, 2017 9:26 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Mon 18 Dec, 2017 6:42 pm
Gordonvale North Queensland. Pielicious Bakery. Winner of many many many pie awards. Steak and Kidney (or any other). If you like pies and are in that neck of the woods....... You'll have to queue.
I never drive past.
Sounds good NT , throw in the bakery at Port Douglas north of Cairns and the world is all good in NQ

Any on your side of the border mate you recommend ??
Happy, Truth be known, I'm now FNQ Tiger. We've moved to (heaven) the Tablelands.
But to answer your question; the Humpty Dumpty take away in Humpty Doo makes, or made, fantastic steak and kidney and pepper steak pies and my better half says their chicken pies are also excellent.
I'm usually pretty good at sniffing out a good pie, but the Port Douglas bakery has evaded me. I'll have to keep that in mind when we're up that way next. Good tip, Thanks.
"Quality Stupidity"

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 7:25 am

NT Tiger wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 6:57 am
happy tiger wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
Gordonvale North Queensland. Pielicious Bakery. Winner of many many many pie awards. Steak and Kidney (or any other). If you like pies and are in that neck of the woods....... You'll have to queue.
I never drive past.
Sounds good NT , throw in the bakery at Port Douglas north of Cairns and the world is all good in NQ

Happy, Truth be known, I'm now FNQ Tiger. We've moved to (heaven) the Tablelands.
But to answer your question; the Humpty Dumpty take away in Humpty Doo makes, or made, fantastic steak and kidney and pepper steak pies and my better half says their chicken pies are also excellent.
I'm usually pretty good at sniffing out a good pie, but the Port Douglas bakery has evaded me. I'll have to keep that in mind when we're up that way next. Good tip, Thanks.
It is God's country up there in Atherton and the surrounds , been up there 3 times now

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 8:19 am

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 7:25 am
NT Tiger wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 6:57 am
happy tiger wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
I never drive past.

It is God's country up there in Atherton and the surrounds , been up there 3 times now
On the subject, as I posted a few weeks ago, the Malanda Bakery just down the road makes a very agreeable steak and kidney pie. Only problem is you have to be there by 11:30 am at the latest if you want one.
"Quality Stupidity"

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 9:13 am

Don’t know if it’s been said.. but T G Millner the home ground of Eastwood Rugby Club used to be known as having the best Pies of any Sydney sports ground . Apparently the club has sold the ground to build appartments so I’m not sure if the pie man will move further west when they do
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 4:13 pm

The Nabiac bakery - have to stop in for a pepper or chilli pie every time i take a trip to Sydney.

Suzie-Q

Post by Suzie-Q » Fri 05 Jan, 2018 5:46 pm

Steak Dianne pie from Canowindra Country Bakehouse- Yummo!!

uuem

Post by uuem » Fri 05 Jan, 2018 7:29 pm

North Maclean Bakery 15min from Jimboomba. A real country bakery.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 06 Jan, 2018 12:17 am

Suzie-Q wrote:
Fri 05 Jan, 2018 5:46 pm
Here's a name we haven't stumbled onto for a while

How are you going Suzie , long time no hear ??

You've been missed

Munk

Post by Munk » Sat 06 Jan, 2018 12:30 am

Trappers Bakery.

Suzie-Q

Post by Suzie-Q » Sat 06 Jan, 2018 4:46 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 06 Jan, 2018 12:17 am
Suzie-Q wrote:
Fri 05 Jan, 2018 5:46 pm
Here's a name we haven't stumbled onto for a while

How are you going Suzie , long time no hear ??

You've been missed
Hi Happy! No NBN out here (at my place, anyway) and the computer has been playing up too. But the stars seen to have aligned for now :D Its good to be back ;)

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 08 Jan, 2018 10:17 am

Found New Zealand’s best pie...Mapua
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 08 Jan, 2018 11:19 am

had a Four&Twenty at the cricket yesterday. cost about $8.50 . actually wasn't too bad for a mass produced pie. I think it was one of their premium pies. I knew I was getting ripped off but had to go there.

It was my first pie for 2018.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 20 Jan, 2018 5:18 pm

Stopped into Golden Beach Bake House this morning and can comfortably say it was the worst pie ever.

No salt & a lack of butter in the Pastry, followed with some crappy jelly filling with 1.5 chunks of steak, and again not seasoned. Took 2 bites and threw it in the bin.

I noticed this business was for sale, so I'm hoping the next owners know how to cook?! :deadhorse:
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 20 Jan, 2018 5:48 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Sat 20 Jan, 2018 5:18 pm
Stopped into Golden Beach Bake House this morning and can comfortably say it was the worst pie ever.

No salt & a lack of butter in the Pastry, followed with some crappy jelly filling with 1.5 chunks of steak, and again not seasoned. Took 2 bites and threw it in the bin.

I noticed this business was for sale, so I'm hoping the next owners know how to cook?! :deadhorse:

Pies for breakfast again....tubby... :lol:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 20 Jan, 2018 6:30 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sat 20 Jan, 2018 5:48 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:
Sat 20 Jan, 2018 5:18 pm

Pies for breakfast again....tubby... :lol:
Back in the day it wasn't Kebabs as your after a big night meal , few bakeries would sell pies to late night revellers at 3/4 am on Sunday morning :D

wmlmaster

Post by wmlmaster » Sun 21 Jan, 2018 1:33 am

Oatley Village Pie Shop
34 Oatley Ave,
Oatley NSW 2223

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sun 21 Jan, 2018 8:57 am

On the way down the South Coast stopped into the “Flour,water,salt Bakery” in Kiama for their Pies. All their pies were very good and very filling. Five pies between the four of us. The Stake and Guinness was good with large chunks of meat in it. The beef and potato was very good.
They close at 4pm , glad we made it. Otherwise would have tried Milkwood in Berry there pies are good as well. After that i would have been had to taken a chance in Norwa or further down the coast.