Star Wars - Thread...Contains Spoilers*

General Social Discussion
gallagher

Re: Star Wars - Thread...Contains Spoilers*

Post by gallagher » Mon 18 Dec, 2017 9:37 am

I loved it, I thought it was great. It could have done without the cheesy one liners though.

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Mon 18 Dec, 2017 10:19 am

I'm a big Star Wars fan and that movie was a huge disappointment.
Can barely think of one redeeming feature.
Was too long, too corny and overall an utter anticlimax.

Munk

Post by Munk » Mon 18 Dec, 2017 8:15 pm

Typical starwars flick for mine.
Tedious characters, portrayed by average actors, delivering poorly written lines, within ridculously crafted situations and a story that has been done a million times.

As always the special effects were eyecatching but as always, not enough to save the movie. My 7 year old nephew loved it so theres that I suppose. Hopefully the next one is the last?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 18 Dec, 2017 8:21 pm

Well there is 3 more stand alone movies in the pipeline

the trilogies make billions so I wouldn't be holding my breath for them to stop making them..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 18 Dec, 2017 9:11 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 17 Dec, 2017 5:01 pm
Rogue one ( the fill in movie ) was average I thought ...

The last Jedi ... There was about 20 mins that could've been cut from this movie as I thought it dragged on a little to long , but overall I thought it was brilliant and a great follow on from the Force Awakens !

8.95 /10
Short film was it , go for 21 minutes ??

You blokes :brick: :blah :dead

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 12:36 am

bigsiro wrote:
Mon 18 Dec, 2017 10:19 am
I'm a big Star Wars fan and that movie was a huge disappointment.
Can barely think of one redeeming feature.
Was too long, too corny and overall an utter anticlimax.
This, a lot of holes, weird character decisions. Was hoping to be blown away and was only left disappointed

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 7:27 am

Watched Rogue One last night and it's left me feeling a little more disappointed in Ep VIII.

I suppose the next movie gives them a somewhat clean slate, since they've also said that Carrie Fisher will not be digitally recreated.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 7:56 am

Leia being absorbed the force would have been better end
happy tiger wrote:
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:

Munk

Post by Munk » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 8:06 am

They wont bring her back so she can fly around like superman some more?😊

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 12:56 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 7:56 am
Well I wager they were expecting her to be around for the next movie which is why they didn't.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 12:56 pm

Munk wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 8:06 am
They wont bring her back so she can fly around like superman some more?😊
That was garbage. I know Star Wars is pretty far fetched already but that was just stupid.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 1:49 pm

Geo. wrote:
A better end would include the Police Academy cast as well

The end is hopefully very ,very near

Thought the Padawan would know that by now ??

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 2:04 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 1:49 pm
Geo. wrote:

Whatever..

Clearly there are people who do not like or rate the films which is fine..yet are constantly in this thread..funny you would think you would just scroll on by...
happy tiger wrote:
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 2:07 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Police Academy would be your mental capacity in regards to movies .
Go watch the last Jedi or stay of the thread you goose !
:brick:
Last edited by hobbo on Tue 19 Dec, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 2:37 pm

hobbo wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 2:07 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Police Academy would be your mental capacity in regards to movies .
Go watch the last Jedi or stay of he thread you goose !
:brick:
Probably a good idea

Didn't sleep well last night

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 6:26 pm

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

I really hope I don't come across as a bitter fanboy.

I thought they pissed on all the hard work done raising hype and questions in the force awakens. Johnson deconstructed everything Abrams put together in TFA for no legitimate reason. Granted Abrams may have posed too many questions, but still.

Like Reys parents. That felt like a middle finger. I get the appeal in her parents being nobody and the fact that Ren could have lied. But it was built up to be so important and it was just brushed aside with humour like it was nothing.

The whole Snoke thing. Who was he, were did he come from, how did he gain his power and control of the first order? If he was as powerful as they said surely he notices the lightsaber twisting. It just seemed pointless to include him after they cast him aside so easily and quickly. It was just such a stupid move to build up this villain and then cast him aside. It was a shocking moment, but it robbed the trilogy of its most interesting villain in such a cheap way and really in a way that makes no sense. He can read minds and see everything, but misses a lightsaber twisting at his side?

The Leia flying through space thing. Come on. That was horrible. I just sat there like what the hell is this? They should have let her die at that moment. Now they have to find a way to kill her with some form of dignity in episode 9.

The Finn and Rose subplot. Added absolutely nothing to the film. Other than the message that horseracing is bad? Rose was just awful. Finn should have been allowed to have a heroes death. This whole subplot and romance seemed forced, disneyfied and unnecessary.

The fact that the main plot revolved around a ship being out of fuel. Fuel has never been a minor issue in Star Wars let alone a major plot point. It was a 2.5 hour chase scene. That was the movie. I'm happy for Star Wars to go in new directions, but that plot point wasn't all that exciting.

I could have forgiven all of that if they hadn't of done what they did to Luke. He was prepared to die instead of killing Vader in Return of the Jedi. And he still believed that he could turn him back right until the very end. So he won't kill is father and believes he can turn the most evil sith there is back, but is happy to try and kill his nephew because he senses he has growing darkness? It just seems half assed and goes against everything Luke represents. That and Luke tossing the lightsaber over his shoulder. Such an anti climax after that massive build up.

It just feels like everything that has ever been important in a Star Wars movie was turned into a cheap throw away one line joke. I walked out feeling pretty disappointed and empty. It just felt like a pointless movie. It didn't really add anything to the saga, it just took things away.

I feel much better now.

Munk

Post by Munk » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 7:19 pm

Thats what happens Fraze when the current generation gain control. They are so twisted up in PC culture and so terrified of not being inclusive and progressive that they make everything bland.

The female lead (Rey?) has to be close to the worst character written in a major motion picture in multiple decades. The ultra feministic viewpoint of tearing down the patriarchy through this ridiculous girl (without serious training) being able to not only do everything a man can, but do it far better is embarrassing. Also if they were going to make her a warrior, shouldnt they have hired an actress who had martial arts training or maybe medieaval weapons handling so that she looks comfortable weilding the lightsaber? They certainly didnt hire her for her acting chops. The black guy should be called token, the asian chick is a cartoon and the villian a temper tantrum throwing emo brat.

Sloppy, agenda driven dribble. Unfortunately its popular so this mind altering garbage will continue to brainwash the masses...especially young women.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 7:39 pm

stryker wrote:
Wed 28 Dec, 2016 7:39 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
stryker wrote:Saw it today.
Solid 6 due to visuals. Acting was what i expected...abysmal.
That makes 3 StarWars ive seen now and theyre all the same in these areas.
Dependable franchise.
It was way more than a solid 6

I should have known all Queenslanders wake up on the wrong side of the bed.

What a disgrace. Star Wars is absolutely legendary.

Not dependable. Every kid you meet, including me, loves Star Wars and if you have a problem with Star Wars, tell that to all the kids in the world.

I, like many other kids, am a Star Wars fan boy.

And confirming you are talking garbage:
http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/franc ... ab=summary
Geeze someone need their nappy changed? The day i take the advice of kids as gospel is the day ill turn it up.

Starwars to me is nothing more than special effects with a good soundtrack. Not terrible not great, just mediocre telling of a recycled story that is as old as time itself. The dialogue and acting is always subpar but its covered over by the action set pieces, which are very good. The female leads of the past two films have been so wooden you could have replaced them with deckchairs and no one would have noticed. There seemed to be a lot in there for the uber fans so im sure thats where the ratings are coming from but for a casual moviegoer its a tad dull to be honest until the last 30-40 minutes.

What did you think of the Last Jedi..?
happy tiger wrote:
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote: