Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Star Wars - Thread...Contains Spoilers*

Unread post by Geo. » Thu 28 Dec, 2017 11:38 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 28 Dec, 2017 6:52 pm
Surely another sequel must be out by now , it's been 3 weeks now
I'll give you 1.5 billion reasons why the saga will continue beyond the next movie. ...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Fri 29 Dec, 2017 12:24 am

Geo. wrote:
Thu 28 Dec, 2017 11:38 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 28 Dec, 2017 6:52 pm
Surely another sequel must be out by now , it's been 3 weeks now
I'll give you 1.5 billion reasons why the saga will continue beyond the next movie. ...
Yes I've heard of it

M E R C H A N D I S I N G I think it's called

Cultured Bogan

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 29 Dec, 2017 8:30 am

Merchandising has earned the Star Wars franchise twice the box office takings. That's an insane amount of money.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

willow

Unread post by willow » Sat 30 Dec, 2017 1:43 pm

Is anyone looking forward to the Han Solo spinoff?

Wagga Tiger

Unread post by Wagga Tiger » Sat 30 Dec, 2017 2:12 pm

willow wrote:
Sat 30 Dec, 2017 1:43 pm
Yep, cant be any worse than The Force Awakens.

Cultured Bogan

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 30 Dec, 2017 4:19 pm

willow wrote:
Yep, Han is my favourite character so they better not butcher it. Rogue One was brilliant IMO so hopefully it's as good as that.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

gallagher

Unread post by gallagher » Sat 30 Dec, 2017 8:04 pm

willow wrote:
As a big star wars film, no.
Harrison Ford is Han Solo, no one else. I doubt I'll be able to get past that.

willow

Unread post by willow » Sat 30 Dec, 2017 9:43 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sat 30 Dec, 2017 4:19 pm
willow wrote:
Yep, Han is my favourite character so they better not butcher it. Rogue One was brilliant IMO so hopefully it's as good as that.
I am a massive fan of Rogue One so I hope Han Solo can match it. I'll be interested to see what type of tone they take with the movie...do they keep it dark like Rogue One, or do something similar to a Guardians of the Galaxy tone?

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 31 Dec, 2017 12:45 am

gallagher wrote:
Sat 30 Dec, 2017 8:04 pm
willow wrote:
Only good character from Stars Wars , but if its not Harrison Ford its not on

Cultured Bogan

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 01 Jan, 2018 7:20 pm

willow wrote:
Sat 30 Dec, 2017 9:43 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sat 30 Dec, 2017 4:19 pm
willow wrote:
I am a massive fan of Rogue One so I hope Han Solo can match it. I'll be interested to see what type of tone they take with the movie...do they keep it dark like Rogue One, or do something similar to a Guardians of the Galaxy tone?
I would hope it is in the same vein as Rogue One. Darker humour and more realism.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Munk

Unread post by Munk » Mon 01 Jan, 2018 11:13 pm

Why do some of you claim Rogue One to be a good flick?
It is a paint by numbers, lifeless bore fest. Say what you will about Lucas being a pathetic director of human beings, and he is, the bloke knew how to tell a story and understood what a trilogy was. The 3 movies made by Disney have been feminist, agenda driven trash and im surprised those of you claiming to be ultra starwars geeks are applauding them.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 01 Jan, 2018 11:23 pm

Munk wrote:
Mon 01 Jan, 2018 11:13 pm
It is a paint by numbers, lifeless bore fest. Say what you will about Lucas being a pathetic director of human beings, and he is, the bloke knew how to tell a story and understood what a trilogy was. The 3 movies made by Disney have been feminist, agenda driven trash and im surprised those of you claiming to be ultra starwars geeks are applauding them.
He seemed to get the best out of his actors in the Indiana Jones movies , just my opinion

colmcd

Unread post by colmcd » Tue 02 Jan, 2018 9:02 am

gallagher wrote:
Sat 30 Dec, 2017 8:04 pm
willow wrote:
No way Hose! Han Solo is Harrison Ford. What we have seen is "Han shot first" to "Han had to wait too see some smoke in a mexican standoff....".
We will see a good "Han Solo" we will see Chewbacca be a wookee king or nobleman or something. At least the latest 7 and 8 get that there is some grey between black and white.... but it won't be compariable to Ford's original performance or doing him justice. I would not be surprised if Ben Athleck, Hugh Jackman or Shia Lebouff have been cast to play Han.
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 01 Jan, 2018 11:23 pm
Munk wrote:
He seemed to get the best out of his actors in the Indiana Jones movies , just my opinion
I think if Lucas were to combine his universe with say the action direction of JJ Abrams then you would get a good movie.

His 1/2/3 were horrible movies. Number 2 Lucas tried to set the series back on the right course and still failed. He basically tried re-creating a blurred vision of these movies from his teenage ideal and totally failed to remember that these were action movies (not a kids story, then a love story then a tragedy! That's not how trilogies work).

It's kind of funny how Jar Jar Binks aka "the dark Jedi" morphed into a life of it's own now. Ok if you can't do Anakin going to the dark side.... Do Jar Jar!

Had Lucas written the plot to Number 7 and 8, both movies would raise a little. As usual Hollywood will take our money to give us WAY too much of what we want.

underdog

Unread post by underdog » Tue 02 Jan, 2018 10:29 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 7:33 am
Rogue One is far better than either of the Disney canon movies, and better than the prequels IMO.

In fact, I'd go as far to say that I'd probably say it's my third favourite behind Empire and A New Hope.

Any Star Wars fan knew the ending before they watched the movie but they still made it exciting to watch. Vader, despite his limited time in the movie, was phenomenal especially when he goes nuts on the Rebel troops at the end. It also tied in nicely to kick off Ep IV. For a movie where you knew few of the characters they made them believable.

Laura Dern's character in TLJ was useless in the great scheme of things. They should have had Admiral Ackbar run Snokes ship so he could be written out with a bit of honour.
1000% - would have been a fantastic send off.

I would have geeked out even more if someone in the First Order's ship had shouted "It's a TRAP!" at the last second before Ackbar sliced through...

A subtle change for sure, but would have meant the world to the hardcore Star Wars fans.

Some interesting choices through this film to say the least, - Mark Hamill seemed to take a borderline "Woody Allen" role in this film, and his wink to C3P0 (which was pretty much a wink at the audience, lets be honest here) was a bees penis away from him stopping the film and narrating directly to the audience...

There were some nice touches though were good - the young fella in the stables subtly doing a force grab on the broom to sweep up, I actually loved the lightsaber over the shoulder bit, and the realization that Luke wasn't actually there during the duel with Rylo Ken (which my 11 yr old son picked up on WAY before I did by leaning over and saying to me - "But dad, wasn't Lukes' lightsaber broken?") were all parts I genuinely loved. I also liked Benicio Del Toro's role - and hope he comes good in episode 9, And of course that Rey hadn't met Po yet - that blew me away too...

Judging by what most of you have said, it sounds like I might be easily impressed, but I went into it with Star Wars goggles on, not "Oscar winning Masterpiece" goggles, and I was thoroughly entertained.

gallagher

Unread post by gallagher » Tue 02 Jan, 2018 10:40 am

underdog wrote:
Tue 02 Jan, 2018 10:29 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 7:33 am
Rogue One is far better than either of the Disney canon movies, and better than the prequels IMO.

In fact, I'd go as far to say that I'd probably say it's my third favourite behind Empire and A New Hope.

Any Star Wars fan knew the ending before they watched the movie but they still made it exciting to watch. Vader, despite his limited time in the movie, was phenomenal especially when he goes nuts on the Rebel troops at the end. It also tied in nicely to kick off Ep IV. For a movie where you knew few of the characters they made them believable.

Laura Dern's character in TLJ was useless in the great scheme of things. They should have had Admiral Ackbar run Snokes ship so he could be written out with a bit of honour.
1000% - would have been a fantastic send off.

I would have geeked out even more if someone in the First Order's ship had shouted "It's a TRAP!" at the last second before Ackbar sliced through...

A subtle change for sure, but would have meant the world to the hardcore Star Wars fans.

Some interesting choices through this film to say the least, - Mark Hamill seemed to take a borderline "Woody Allen" role in this film, and his wink to C3P0 (which was pretty much a wink at the audience, lets be honest here) was a bees penis away from him stopping the film and narrating directly to the audience...

There were some nice touches though were good - the young fella in the stables subtly doing a force grab on the broom to sweep up, I actually loved the lightsaber over the shoulder bit, and the realization that Luke wasn't actually there during the duel with Rylo Ken (which my 11 yr old son picked up on WAY before I did by leaning over and saying to me - "But dad, wasn't Lukes' lightsaber broken?") were all parts I genuinely loved. I also liked Benicio Del Toro's role - and hope he comes good in episode 9, And of course that Rey hadn't met Po yet - that blew me away too...

Judging by what most of you have said, it sounds like I might be easily impressed, but I went into it with Star Wars goggles on, not "Oscar winning Masterpiece" goggles, and I was thoroughly entertained.
I love your 'its a trap" suggestion. That would have been great. I agree with your whole post. .

Cultured Bogan

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 02 Jan, 2018 4:49 pm

Munk wrote:
It's called an opinion. Why do you get worked up about the opinions of others on a bunch of movies you claim to care little about?

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Munk

Unread post by Munk » Tue 02 Jan, 2018 7:18 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 01 Jan, 2018 11:23 pm
Munk wrote:
The acting is the worst part of those movies. If they werent so adventure driven with special set pieces, theyd be b grade movies. Starwars is very similar.

Munk

Unread post by Munk » Tue 02 Jan, 2018 7:26 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 02 Jan, 2018 4:49 pm
Munk wrote:
It's called an opinion. Why do you get worked up about the opinions of others on a bunch of movies you claim to care little about?
Im not too worked up. I just appreciate good cinema and its releases are very thin these days thanks to those superhero movies and these efforts. They are clogging up the cinemas and preventing worthy stories from airing.

Return to “General Discussion”