Star Wars - Thread...Contains Spoilers*

General Social Discussion
User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29193
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Re: Star Wars - Thread...

Post by Geo. » Wed 28 Dec, 2016 5:59 am

R.I.P. Carrie Fisher.. :cry: :cry:

“Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not.” - Yoda...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..


jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3272
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Wed 28 Dec, 2016 6:53 am

Geo. wrote:R.I.P. Carrie Fisher.. :cry: :cry:

“Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not.” - Yoda...
Nice quote

User avatar
Wagga Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 740
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Wagga Tiger » Wed 28 Dec, 2016 11:00 am

As silly as it sounds I am absolutely devastated today, Princess Leia and Carrie Fisher have been apart of my life since I was 4 years old. R.I.P Carrie.

greatodensraven
Member
Member
Posts: 2158
Joined: Sat 15 Dec, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by greatodensraven » Wed 28 Dec, 2016 12:25 pm

Wagga Tiger wrote:As silly as it sounds I am absolutely devastated today, Princess Leia and Carrie Fisher have been apart of my life since I was 4 years old. R.I.P Carrie.
Not silly at all mate, its very sad news. I'm sure she had her fair share of demons but she'll be remembered very fondly by most.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40513
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Wed 28 Dec, 2016 12:35 pm

greatodensraven wrote:
Wagga Tiger wrote:As silly as it sounds I am absolutely devastated today, Princess Leia and Carrie Fisher have been apart of my life since I was 4 years old. R.I.P Carrie.
Not silly at all mate, its very sad news. I'm sure she had her fair share of demons but she'll be remembered very fondly by most.
Surprised she didn't get far more starring roles

She was very good in the Star Wars trilogy and Harry meet Sally

Proof I guess that people get type cast after doing Sci Fi movies /roles

RIP Carrie Fisher , condolensces to her family and friends


User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29193
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Wed 28 Dec, 2016 1:31 pm

:cry:

Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

greatodensraven
Member
Member
Posts: 2158
Joined: Sat 15 Dec, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by greatodensraven » Wed 28 Dec, 2016 2:06 pm

Geo. wrote::cry:

what a legacy!

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Wed 28 Dec, 2016 2:19 pm

Saw it today.
Solid 6 due to visuals. Acting was what i expected...abysmal.
That makes 3 StarWars ive seen now and theyre all the same in these areas.
Dependable franchise.

User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1704
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am

Post by WestsBenTigers » Wed 28 Dec, 2016 7:13 pm

stryker wrote:Saw it today.
Solid 6 due to visuals. Acting was what i expected...abysmal.
That makes 3 StarWars ive seen now and theyre all the same in these areas.
Dependable franchise.
It was way more than a solid 6

I should have known all Queenslanders wake up on the wrong side of the bed.

What a disgrace. Star Wars is absolutely legendary.

Not dependable. Every kid you meet, including me, loves Star Wars and if you have a problem with Star Wars, tell that to all the kids in the world.

I, like many other kids, am a Star Wars fan boy.

And confirming you are talking garbage:
http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/franc ... ab=summary
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Wed 28 Dec, 2016 7:39 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
stryker wrote:Saw it today.
Solid 6 due to visuals. Acting was what i expected...abysmal.
That makes 3 StarWars ive seen now and theyre all the same in these areas.
Dependable franchise.
It was way more than a solid 6

I should have known all Queenslanders wake up on the wrong side of the bed.

What a disgrace. Star Wars is absolutely legendary.

Not dependable. Every kid you meet, including me, loves Star Wars and if you have a problem with Star Wars, tell that to all the kids in the world.

I, like many other kids, am a Star Wars fan boy.

And confirming you are talking garbage:
http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/franc ... ab=summary
Geeze someone need their nappy changed? The day i take the advice of kids as gospel is the day ill turn it up.

Starwars to me is nothing more than special effects with a good soundtrack. Not terrible not great, just mediocre telling of a recycled story that is as old as time itself. The dialogue and acting is always subpar but its covered over by the action set pieces, which are very good. The female leads of the past two films have been so wooden you could have replaced them with deckchairs and no one would have noticed. There seemed to be a lot in there for the uber fans so im sure thats where the ratings are coming from but for a casual moviegoer its a tad dull to be honest until the last 30-40 minutes.

greatodensraven
Member
Member
Posts: 2158
Joined: Sat 15 Dec, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by greatodensraven » Wed 28 Dec, 2016 8:08 pm

stryker wrote:
WestsBenTigers wrote:
stryker wrote:Saw it today.
Solid 6 due to visuals. Acting was what i expected...abysmal.
That makes 3 StarWars ive seen now and theyre all the same in these areas.
Dependable franchise.
It was way more than a solid 6

I should have known all Queenslanders wake up on the wrong side of the bed.

What a disgrace. Star Wars is absolutely legendary.

Not dependable. Every kid you meet, including me, loves Star Wars and if you have a problem with Star Wars, tell that to all the kids in the world.

I, like many other kids, am a Star Wars fan boy.

And confirming you are talking garbage:
http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/franc ... ab=summary
Geeze someone need their nappy changed? The day i take the advice of kids as gospel is the day ill turn it up.

Starwars to me is nothing more than special effects with a good soundtrack. Not terrible not great, just mediocre telling of a recycled story that is as old as time itself. The dialogue and acting is always subpar but its covered over by the action set pieces, which are very good. The female leads of the past two films have been so wooden you could have replaced them with deckchairs and no one would have noticed. There seemed to be a lot in there for the uber fans so im sure thats where the ratings are coming from but for a casual moviegoer its a tad dull to be honest until the last 30-40 minutes.

Well let's put it into perspective, we win 6 out of every 10 next year & we're in the 8. Rebellions are built on hope!

:D

User avatar
Wagga Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 740
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Wagga Tiger » Wed 28 Dec, 2016 9:04 pm

Every one has their own opinion when it comes to movies and what entertains them so I would never bag someone for their opinion. Rogue One for me was an 8/10, I thought for a Star Wars movie the acting wasn't as bad as it has been for some of the others, I'm a massive Star Wars fan so much so two of my kids are named after characters but I hated The Force Awakens, the story, the acting and even some of the effects were terrible. I think what I'm trying to say is every one is entitled to their opinion wether we like it or not, discussion is healthy but we should respect each other's thoughts.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29193
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Wed 28 Dec, 2016 9:22 pm

I thought Felicity Jones bought depth to the role of Jyn Erso and did a fantastic job..meh..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

greatodensraven
Member
Member
Posts: 2158
Joined: Sat 15 Dec, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by greatodensraven » Thu 29 Dec, 2016 1:50 pm

Carrie's mum Debbie Reynolds has now also passed away. Very sad!

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2640
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Thu 29 Dec, 2016 6:03 pm

Debbie Reynolds was an absolute stunner, even in her later life.

greatodensraven
Member
Member
Posts: 2158
Joined: Sat 15 Dec, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by greatodensraven » Sun 08 Oct, 2017 11:43 am

Bump...So the trailer for "the last Jedi" is aparently out in a few days with the film dropping mid December.

I couldn't think of a better way to bring in Christmas!

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29193
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Sun 08 Oct, 2017 1:25 pm

Wagga Tiger wrote:
Wed 28 Dec, 2016 9:04 pm
Every one has their own opinion when it comes to movies and what entertains them so I would never bag someone for their opinion. Rogue One for me was an 8/10, I thought for a Star Wars movie the acting wasn't as bad as it has been for some of the others, I'm a massive Star Wars fan so much so two of my kids are named after characters but I hated The Force Awakens, the story, the acting and even some of the effects were terrible. I think what I'm trying to say is every one is entitled to their opinion wether we like it or not, discussion is healthy but we should respect each other's thoughts.
How are little Jar Jar and Boba Fett...?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
Wagga Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 740
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Wagga Tiger » Sun 08 Oct, 2017 2:58 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 08 Oct, 2017 1:25 pm
Wagga Tiger wrote:
Wed 28 Dec, 2016 9:04 pm
Every one has their own opinion when it comes to movies and what entertains them so I would never bag someone for their opinion. Rogue One for me was an 8/10, I thought for a Star Wars movie the acting wasn't as bad as it has been for some of the others, I'm a massive Star Wars fan so much so two of my kids are named after characters but I hated The Force Awakens, the story, the acting and even some of the effects were terrible. I think what I'm trying to say is every one is entitled to their opinion wether we like it or not, discussion is healthy but we should respect each other's thoughts.
How are little Jar Jar and Boba Fett...?
Very well thank you Geo, actually Luke and Cody. I wanted Anakin but the wife wouldn't let which I'm now glad she didn't.

Post Reply