Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 142 times

Re: One Foot in Grave Forum

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 31 Jul, 2017 4:48 pm

eyewonder wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 3:18 pm
recently an older couple passed away in sad circumstances in the palm beach area.The carer died and her partner later died of malnutrition.
this prompted the police investigating officer to make a public plea for people to be aware of older people in the community who struggle with outside communication.
The couple were pre war babies and not baby boomers as some forumers,like myself, who log on to this forum are .
The police officer believed that adults who struggled through the war became resililient,resourceful
and community minded.As a baby boomer we all got to enjoy the golf clubs,rsls,memorial halls and parks that were created by the pre war generation.
Their generation didnt become social forumers .They relied on face to face communication- getting their groceries from the corner shops and having their social contacts in this manner.
The police officer went on to issue a plea for people to be aware of older people and check in on them every now and then.Seems like a simple thing to do.
Technology has really eroded a lot of social intereaction, ATM machines replacing bank tellers, Self seve checkouts at the supermarket, news online replacing newsagents..& on & on it goes.
I work with a young bloke who cannot hold an eye to eye conversation, he has his phone in his hand constantly and his companion at lunchtime is the powerpoint to charge it...I ignore him whenever possible because he ignores the rest of us

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 01 Aug, 2017 12:48 am

The American Medical Association has weighed in on Trump's health care package:

The Allergists were in favor of scratching it, but the Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves.

The Gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling about it, but the Neurologists thought the administration had a lot of nerve.

Meanwhile, Obstetricians felt certain everyone was laboring under a misconception, while the Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted. Pathologists yelled, "Over my dead body!", while the Pediatricians said, "Oh, grow up!"

The Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, while the Radiologists could see right through it. Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing and the Internists claimed it would indeed be a bitter pill to swallow.

The Plastic Surgeons opined that this proposal would "put a whole new face on the matter." The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but the Urologists were pissed off at the whole idea. Anesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas, and those lofty Cardiologists didn't have the heart to say no.

In the end, the Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to the assholes in Washington!
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

InBenjiWeTrust
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 6:17 pm

Branford Marsalis :master:

InBenjiWeTrust

Unread post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 12:56 pm

Van The Man :master:

westTAHger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by westTAHger » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 1:08 pm

When possible visit your parents more often.
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold

" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie

InBenjiWeTrust

Unread post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 11:37 pm

Flaco & Ry Cooder

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 7:53 am

I can remember this song being No. 1 when beginning my career as an altar boy.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Basil Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Basil Tiger » Tue 15 Aug, 2017 9:39 am

A Woman's Poem

He didn't like the casserole,
And he didn't like my cake.
He said my biscuits were too hard...
Not like his mother used to make.
I didn't perk the coffee right,
He didn't like the stew.
I didn't mend his socks,
The way his mother used to do.
I pondered for an answer,
I was looking for a clue.
Then I turned around and smacked the s*** out of him...

Like his mother used to do.

On a recent trip to the US and Canada, Prime Minister Kevin Rudd was invited to address a major gathering of the American Indian Nations in Kitimat, B.C. due to his experiences in handling the Australian Indigenous situation.

He spoke for almost an hour on his ideas for increasing every First Nation's present standard of living.

At the conclusion of his speech, the tribes presented the Prime Minister with a plaque inscribed with his new Indian name - Walking Eagle.

The proud Rudd then departed with his entourage, waving to the crowd as he left.

A news reporter later asked the chiefs how they came to select the new name given to Rudd.

They explained that Walking Eagle is the name given to a bird so full of s***, it can no longer fly.

Dan was a single guy living at home with his father and working in the family business.
When he found out he was going to inherit a fortune when his sickly father died, he decided he needed a wife with which to share his fortune.
One evening at an investment meeting he spotted the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.
Her natural beauty took his breath away. "I may look like just an ordinary man," he said to her, but in just a few years, my father will die, and I'll inherit £200 million."
Impressed, the woman obtained his business card and three days later, she became his stepmother.

Women are so much better at financial planning than men.
Default kaBOOM!!
Q. What do Pyongyang and Hiroshima have in common?
A. Nothing, yet.

Q. What do you call a Muslim who owns a camel and a goat?
A. Bisexual.

Q. What do you call a Muslim who owns 6 goats?
A. A pimp

"Late again!!" the third-grade teacher sternly said to little Sammy.

"It ain't my fault this time, Miss Crabtree. You can blame this 'un on my Daddy. The reason I'm three hours late is my Daddy sleeps naked!"

Now, Miss Crabtree had taught grammar school for thirty-some-odd years. Despite her mounting fears, she asked little Sammy what he meant by that.

Full of grins and mischief, and in the flower of his youth, little Sammy and trouble were old friends, but he always told her the truth.

"You see, Miss Crabtree, out at the ranch we got this here low down coyote. The last few nights, he done ate six hens and killed Ma's best milk goat.

Last night, when Daddy heard a noise out in the chicken pen, he grabbed his shot gun and said to my Ma, "That coyote's back again, I'm a gonna git him!''

"Stay back," Daddy whispered to all us kids!

"My Daddy was naked as a jaybird -- no boots, no pants, no shirt!

To the hen house he crawled, just like an Injun on the snoop. Then, he stuck that double barreled 12 gauge shot gun through the window of the coop."

"As he stared into the darkness, with coyotes on his mind, our old hound dog, Rip, had done gone and woke up and comes sneaking up behind Daddy.

Then, as we all looked on, plumb helpless, old Rip done went and stuck his cold nose in my Daddy's crack!

MissCrabtree, we all been cleanin' chickens since three o'clock this mornin!'
40 Aboriginals arrive at the Pearly Gates

St Peter goes into the gatehouse and phones up God, saying. 'I've got 40 Aboriginals here. Can I let them in?'

God says 'We are over the quota on Abo’s. Go out and tell them to choose between them which are the 12 most worthy,
and I will let just the dozen in.'

Less than a minute later St Peter is on the phone to God again.

'They've gone', he tells God.

'What?' says God, 'All 40 of them?'

'No, the f*&^%$g gates'.
Q. What's the worlds best pick-up line?

A. 'Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?'
YOU'RE A REDNECK WHEN...

You let your 14-year-old daughter smoke at the dinner table in front of her kids.
The Blue Book value of your truck goes up and down depending on how much gas is in it.
You've been married three times and still have the same in-laws.
You think a woman who is out of your league bowls on a different night.
You wonder how service stations keep their rest-rooms so clean.
Someone in your family died right after saying 'Hey, guys, watch this'.
You think Dom Perignon is a Mafia leader.
Your wife's hairdo was once ruined by a ceiling fan.
Your junior prom offered day care.
You think the last words of the Star-Spangled Banner are 'Gentlemen, start your engines'.
You lit a match in the bathroom and your house exploded right off its wheels.
The Halloween pumpkin on your porch has more teeth than your spouse.
You have to go outside to get something from the fridge.
One of your kids was born on a pool table.
You need one more hole punched in your card to get a freebie at the House of Tattoos.
You can't get married to your sweetheart because there's a law against it.
You think loading the dishwasher means getting your wife drunk.
When you take the dog for a walk at night, you both use the same tree.
Greetings All,from far Northern NSW.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 28 Aug, 2017 12:48 am

Mick Jagger is ageing better than Johnny Cash who unfortunately only lived to 71 years old.

GoldXR50Leroy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by GoldXR50Leroy » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 6:26 pm

Gee the Man In Black did age badly but one of the comparisons to Mick Jagger that makes me laugh is a side by side photo of Mick & Lizzie Birdsworth from the 70's TV show Prisoner Cell Block H, identical!.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 6:46 pm

This beautiful voice like Johnny Cash has two feet you know where - at age 61 from brain tumour. He departed one year after recording the song below - though a religious song even this atheist can't resist his pure voice.

NT Tiger
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 7:56 pm

Excellent musicianship.
Last edited by NT Tiger on Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Quality Stupidity"

NT Tiger
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 7:59 pm

Tiger Tim wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 2:37 pm
Not much talk about 3 of my favourites. The Beach Boys, Hermans Hermits and Don Maclean. All class acts and i still listen to them at least once a week.
Here you go Tim.
"Quality Stupidity"

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:13 pm

I also loved Herman Hermits in mid sixties - they have appeared at Gold Coast a few times but missed them.

Tiger Tim
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Tiger Tim » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 10:33 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 7:59 pm
Tiger Tim wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 2:37 pm
Not much talk about 3 of my favourites. The Beach Boys, Hermans Hermits and Don Maclean. All class acts and i still listen to them at least once a week.
Here you go Tim.
Thanks NT. How good is it when you can actually understand the lyrics. The good ole days, now its just doof doof rubbish.

Tiger Tim
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Tiger Tim » Thu 31 Aug, 2017 10:41 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 31 Aug, 2017 8:13 pm
I also loved Herman Hermits in mid sixties - they have appeared at Gold Coast a few times but missed them.
I saw them at Campsie RSL club about 25 years ago. They were great. Henry the 8th and Mrs Brown, great songs.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 01 Sep, 2017 6:44 am

I saw Bob Dylan (on forged tickets) in 1978 mention below, Australia is not even mentioned in the tour. He was not worth going into the rainy muddy Sydney Show Ground IMO. He may still have some divorce bills outstanding.
-----------------

In 1978, Dylan embarked on a year-long world tour, performing 114 shows in Japan, the Far East, Europe and the US, to a total audience of two million people. For the tour, Dylan assembled an eight piece band, and was also accompanied by three backing singers. The 1978 tour grossed more than $20 million, and Dylan acknowledged to the Los Angeles Times that he had some debts to pay off because "I had a couple of bad years. I put a lot of money into the movie, built a big house ... and it costs a lot to get divorced in California". It was on this tour that Dylan found Jesus and became a born-again Christian.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 12 Sep, 2017 9:55 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 28 Aug, 2017 12:48 am
Mick Jagger is ageing better than Johnny Cash who unfortunately only lived to 71 years old.
The open notes of this tune sound similar to opening of Stairway to Heaven

Return to “General Discussion”