One Foot in Grave Forum

General Social Discussion
Basil Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 2 times

Re: One Foot in Grave Forum

Unread post by Basil Tiger » Fri 26 Aug, 2016 10:03 pm

gallagher wrote: Some good ones there Basil.
Under the cart :roll

Thanks...couple more.

A Jewish man was leaving a convenience store with his espresso when he noticed a most unusual Italian funeral procession approaching the nearby cemetery. A black hearse was followed by a second black hearse about 50 feet behind the first one. Behind the second hearse was a solitary Italian man walking a dog on a leash. Behind him, a short distance back, were about 200 men walking single file. The man couldn't stand the curiosity. He respectfully approached the Italian man walking the dog and said:"I am so sorry for your loss, and this may be a bad time to disturb you, but I've never seen an Italian funeral like this. Whose funeral is it?""My wife's."''What happened to her?""She yelled at me and my dog attacked and killed her."He inquired further, "But who is in the second hearse?"The Italian man answered, "My mother-in-law. She was trying to help my wife when the dog turned on her."A very poignant and touching moment of Jewish and Italian brotherhood and silence passed between the two men...The Jewish man then asked "Can I borrow the dog?"The Italian man replied, "Get in line."

Ralph and Edna were both patients in a mental hospital. One day while they were walking past the hospital swimming pool, Ralph suddenly jumped into the deep end. He sank to the bottom of the pool and stayed there.Edna promptly jumped in to save him. She swam to the bottom and pulled him out. When the Head Nurse Director became aware of Edna's heroic act she immediately ordered her to be discharged from the hospital, as she now considered her to be mentally stable.When she went to tell Edna the news she said, 'Edna, I have good news and bad news. The good news is you're being discharged, since you were able to rationally respond to a crisis by jumping in and saving the life of the person you love... I have concluded that your act displays sound mindedness.The bad news is, Ralph hung himself in the bathroom with his bathrobe belt right after you saved him. I am so sorry, but he's dead.'Edna replied, 'He didn't hang himself, I put him there to dry."How soon can I go home?
Greetings All,from far Northern NSW.

westTAHger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by westTAHger » Sat 27 Aug, 2016 8:14 am

I'm just grateful, I got to be a part of that era.
Grew up in North Ryde. The drive in movie there, watching the progress on how Macquarie Shopping Complex was being built etc.

Sneaking into the " El Rancho" for a drink, once you did not get noticed by the Big Islander bouncer named " Joe "

So much fun, great memories of Luna Park, catching the Hydrofoil from circular quay across to manly beach. Going to Village Grand Prix car complex, the car drag races at Castlereagh.
Amaroo Park, Oran Park.
Fish and chip shops, with the one big exhaust extractor vent above the cooking vats.
Chiko " fish cakes " etc.
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold

" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie

InBenjiWeTrust

Unread post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sat 27 Aug, 2016 11:33 pm

Pat Metheny

Tord Gustavsen

Jan Garbarek

Told You So.

Unread post by Told You So. » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 4:56 am

Basil Tiger wrote:
gallagher wrote: Some good ones there Basil.
Under the cart :roll

Thanks...couple more.

A Jewish man was leaving a convenience store with his espresso when he noticed a most unusual Italian funeral procession approaching the nearby cemetery. A black hearse was followed by a second black hearse about 50 feet behind the first one. Behind the second hearse was a solitary Italian man walking a dog on a leash. Behind him, a short distance back, were about 200 men walking single file. The man couldn't stand the curiosity. He respectfully approached the Italian man walking the dog and said:"I am so sorry for your loss, and this may be a bad time to disturb you, but I've never seen an Italian funeral like this. Whose funeral is it?""My wife's."''What happened to her?""She yelled at me and my dog attacked and killed her."He inquired further, "But who is in the second hearse?"The Italian man answered, "My mother-in-law. She was trying to help my wife when the dog turned on her."A very poignant and touching moment of Jewish and Italian brotherhood and silence passed between the two men...The Jewish man then asked "Can I borrow the dog?"The Italian man replied, "Get in line."

Ralph and Edna were both patients in a mental hospital. One day while they were walking past the hospital swimming pool, Ralph suddenly jumped into the deep end. He sank to the bottom of the pool and stayed there.Edna promptly jumped in to save him. She swam to the bottom and pulled him out. When the Head Nurse Director became aware of Edna's heroic act she immediately ordered her to be discharged from the hospital, as she now considered her to be mentally stable.When she went to tell Edna the news she said, 'Edna, I have good news and bad news. The good news is you're being discharged, since you were able to rationally respond to a crisis by jumping in and saving the life of the person you love... I have concluded that your act displays sound mindedness.The bad news is, Ralph hung himself in the bathroom with his bathrobe belt right after you saved him. I am so sorry, but he's dead.'Edna replied, 'He didn't hang himself, I put him there to dry."How soon can I go home?

Haha,Classic.

InBenjiWeTrust

Unread post by InBenjiWeTrust » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 6:51 pm

Raul Malo & The Mavericks

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 8 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 03 Oct, 2016 11:13 am

What I don't like about modern society is all the extra pollution compared to 60 years ago. Back then our milk was carried in kegs on back of horse and cart up our street, maybe still warm from the cows from a few blocks away, and we would bring out billies to be filled from the keg. Absolutely no pollution, now milk is brought in plastic bottles, from even another state in refrigerated trucks to go in refrigerators in supermarkets, to be then picked up and often driven home by cars.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Spartan117
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Spartan117 » Mon 03 Oct, 2016 12:09 pm

Im a bit more Skeptical of the modern Pollution Situation especially the Global warming cult.

I do my best not to waste and over consume which isnt easy with a family of 7. Our footprint is miniscule. The Kids are taught the principle of Stewardship.

I think We forget that we love the Online Shopping world and the fact we do almost everything in real time these days an that there is a cultural cost.

For me

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 03 Oct, 2016 12:23 pm

About the global warming cult well where to begin:

The Barrier Reef is retiring in defeat;

My Canadian chippie tells me that some worm is now surviving further north due to warmer temps., this has resulted in a certain bird continually digging up their lawn to get to the worms, is impossible to have decent lawn now.

There are distress signals everywhere. There is only about 25 miles atmosphere with how many cars and factories putting out constant pollution? I consider it so simple.

My fishpond, when I was away for years, built up about a foot of sludge but the fish were quite okay in clear water on top. When I stepped in to clean up all the sludge got stirred up so fish got immediately distressed. Well that Is exactly what we are doing to the biosphere, it took billions of years for that coal, oil etc. to form down there and we are stirring it up (via usage) in a few hundred years.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Mon 03 Oct, 2016 12:54 pm

This was a great thread to read, local band the Zasoff Brothers anyone remember them?

So many great memories can flooding back, thank you all for making my long weekend, this and the "over 49" thread is just super cool. :master:

InBenjiWeTrust

Unread post by InBenjiWeTrust » Mon 03 Oct, 2016 3:54 pm

westTAHger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 4 times

Unread post by westTAHger » Mon 03 Oct, 2016 5:15 pm

Tiger Come Lately wrote:This was a great thread to read, local band the Zasoff Brothers anyone remember them?

So many great memories can flooding back, thank you all for making my long weekend, this and the "over 49" thread is just super cool. :master:
I think there was a band member called " Bluey"
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold

" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Mon 03 Oct, 2016 5:23 pm

Leonard Cohens music has been described as "music to slash your wrists by" but it is great stuff.His voice was never good and age hasnt treated it kindly but i can listen to it all day

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Mon 03 Oct, 2016 5:27 pm

westTAHger wrote:
Tiger Come Lately wrote:This was a great thread to read, local band the Zasoff Brothers anyone remember them?

I think there was a band member called " Bluey"
I think you right, he was sort of in the band but not in the band and then in again?? they were funny i saw them in the early 80's and they just stood out as different and funny.

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Mon 03 Oct, 2016 5:40 pm

Music from the 70's was great,

The Ramones
Blondie
Fleetwood Mac
Eagles
Sex Pistols
The Stooges
Roxy Music
Kiss

And so many more, the best thing was buying and album or making a mixtape of your favourite songs. Some you would get off the radio, sit and wait and make sure you hit record and pause in time.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 04 Oct, 2016 1:35 am

Tiger Come Lately wrote:Music from the 70's was great,

The Ramones
Blondie
Fleetwood Mac
Eagles
Sex Pistols
The Stooges
Roxy Music
Kiss

And so many more, the best thing was buying and album or making a mixtape of your favourite songs. Some you would get off the radio, sit and wait and make sure you hit record and pause in time.
Sorry but I don't think they measure up against the Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Who, The Doors, The Kinks, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Flloyd, Neil Diamond, Tom Jones, Ray Charles, Johnny O'Keefe, Johnny Cash, Shangri Las, Tina Turner, Shirley Bassey, Dusty Springfield, Bob Dillon, Peter Paul & Mary, Sam Cooke, The Big Bopper, Elvis, Mamas & Papas, The Animals, Johnny Farnham, Normie Rowe, Monkees (haha) Diana Ross Supremes, Aretha Franklin, Joe Cocker, Manfred Man, The Hollies, Chad Morgan, Donovan, Canned Heat, Cream, roy Orbison, Procol Harlum,
etc etc

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Tue 04 Oct, 2016 10:24 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:

The Ramones
Blondie
Fleetwood Mac
Eagles
Sex Pistols
The Stooges
Roxy Music
Kiss

Sorry but I don't think they measure up against the Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Who, The Doors, The Kinks, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Flloyd, Neil Diamond, Tom Jones, Ray Charles, Johnny O'Keefe, Johnny Cash, Shangri Las, Tina Turner, Shirley Bassey, Dusty Springfield, Bob Dillon, Peter Paul & Mary, Sam Cooke, The Big Bopper, Elvis, Mamas & Papas, The Animals, Johnny Farnham, Normie Rowe, Monkees (haha) Diana Ross Supremes, Aretha Franklin, Joe Cocker, Manfred Man, The Hollies, Chad Morgan, Donovan, Canned Heat, Cream, roy Orbison, Procol Harlum,
etc etc
I cant argue with that, especially the first 8! Just that they had already been mentioned and i was just adding to previous lists. :righton: but the 70's rocked.

InBenjiWeTrust

Unread post by InBenjiWeTrust » Mon 10 Oct, 2016 5:22 pm

Mr B :master:

NT Tiger
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Mon 10 Oct, 2016 6:11 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:

The Ramones
Blondie
Fleetwood Mac
Eagles
Sex Pistols
The Stooges
Roxy Music
Kiss

etc etc
There are bands on both lists that I like (Roxy Music, The Ramones, Rolling Stones) but none of them measure up against Frank Zappa, The Mothers of Invention or Captain Beefheart and The Magic Band.
"Quality Stupidity"

Return to “General Discussion”