Probable Cyclone

General Social Discussion
happy tiger

Re: Probable Cyclone

Post by happy tiger » Wed 29 Mar, 2017 10:55 am

stryker wrote:
Wed 29 Mar, 2017 10:50 am
The media seem dissapointed that Debbie hasnt killed dozens and totally flattened the whole far north coast. We barely got touched up here and they are everywhere lol....
Parasitic scum they are.
Really surprised their isn't much more damage , probably lucky they didn't get a direct hit on either Bowen or Airlie

Don't know about you Stryker , can't stand Airlie Beach

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 29 Mar, 2017 10:58 am

stryker wrote:
The media seem dissapointed that Debbie hasnt killed dozens and totally flattened the whole far north coast. We barely got touched up here and they are everywhere lol....
Parasitic scum they are.
Yeah, you could see the disappointment in that ambulance chaser David Koch's face.

I'd been back in the country three hours yesterday morning and I wanted to punch the bejesus out of him. Our flight path was in the vicinity of the storm and we didn't register any turbulence. Copped more flying over Indonesia.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Wed 29 Mar, 2017 12:04 pm

Quote of the Cyclone from local resident being interviewed on Ch7:

“I’ve finally met Debbie. I’ve heard about Debbie doing other things, but now she’s giving Bowen a blow job”.

Gotta love the locals attitude and how they take these things in their stride.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 29 Mar, 2017 12:23 pm

Gotta love how the media pounce on a bloke trying to make light of a crap situation and spin it into some controversy.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

stryker

Post by stryker » Wed 29 Mar, 2017 8:15 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Wed 29 Mar, 2017 12:04 pm

“I’ve finally met Debbie. I’ve heard about Debbie doing other things, but now she’s giving Bowen a blow job”.

LOL what a ledge.
There is a point there though...the only people who lost their minds over Debbie are those sitting 1000's of miles away carrying on as if the world was about to end. As I said before, we live with these things. For the vast majority they are a bloody annoyance but that's about it. It is the theater of the whole thing that everyone gets wrapped up in. Ill guarantee most locals just tidied their yards up, stocked up on essentials, braced their windows and got pissed.....

stryker

Post by stryker » Wed 29 Mar, 2017 8:53 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 29 Mar, 2017 10:55 am

Why is that?
I find it a fun place, very picturesque...not a lot to dislike?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 29 Mar, 2017 10:27 pm

stryker wrote:
Wed 29 Mar, 2017 8:53 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 29 Mar, 2017 10:55 am

Why is that?
I find it a fun place, very picturesque...not a lot to dislike?
Just an old fogey I guess

But getting back to your comments about the press its true

Just on the TV they are claiming Gladstone are going will get up to 250 ml of rain tomorrow

Bet we don't get 100 ml

Just pull a number from their freckles and print it

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Thu 30 Mar, 2017 10:22 am

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 29 Mar, 2017 10:27 pm

Just on the TV they are claiming Gladstone are going will get up to 250 ml of rain tomorrow

Bet we don't get 100 ml

How you looking Happy? Hearing you just copped 400mm in 2 hours?

Need a Charter Boat mate
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 30 Mar, 2017 10:23 am

Hey Dills...please don't drive through flash flood waters...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

underdog

Post by underdog » Thu 30 Mar, 2017 10:31 am

It's headed south and Goldy and Brisvegas are now copping a pounding in terms of rain.

Lots of dills on the road today.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 30 Mar, 2017 11:07 am

stryker wrote:
Wed 29 Mar, 2017 8:15 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:

LOL what a ledge.
There is a point there though...the only people who lost their minds over Debbie are those sitting 1000's of miles away carrying on as if the world was about to end. As I said before, we live with these things. For the vast majority they are a bloody annoyance but that's about it. It is the theater of the whole thing that everyone gets wrapped up in. Ill guarantee most locals just tidied their yards up, stocked up on essentials, braced their windows and got pissed.....
Same thing with the bushfires Stryker. Media whips everyone up into a frenzy, anyone who routinely experiences it is generally adequately prepared and ready for it. Meanwhile those living in the concrete jungles think Armageddon is coming.

stryker

Post by stryker » Thu 30 Mar, 2017 12:22 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 30 Mar, 2017 11:07 am
stryker wrote:
Wed 29 Mar, 2017 8:15 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:

LOL what a ledge.
Same thing with the bushfires Stryker. Media whips everyone up into a frenzy, anyone who routinely experiences it is generally adequately prepared and ready for it. Meanwhile those living in the concrete jungles think Armageddon is coming.
Yep exactly the same thing.
I always laugh when there are cyclonic winds approaching, horizontal hard rain, electrical storms etc... and you see these dorks in a plastic poncho standing out in it reporting how dangerous it is ...acting like they are some sort of war correspondent :crazy

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 30 Mar, 2017 6:56 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Thu 30 Mar, 2017 10:22 am
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 29 Mar, 2017 10:27 pm

Bet we don't get 100 ml

How you looking Happy? Hearing you just copped 400mm in 2 hours?

Need a Charter Boat mate
About 130 ml between 7am -10am , massive flooding through many of major intersections

Wind gusts to about 110 kph

Biggest problem was the water had nowhere to go , we have probably had 500-600 ml of rain since Wednesday fortnight ago and the water was literally draining out of the lawns still

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 30 Mar, 2017 7:48 pm

Still lots of issues / problems

Mackay has one day of fresh water left

Daydream Island has no fresh water

60 000 households without power

Some towns have no fuel , no fresh food , no beer

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 05 Apr, 2017 10:01 am

A shout out to everyone hoping they are OK

CQ you OK up in Rocky mate , the flood level is expected to peak up there today ??

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 05 Apr, 2017 10:20 am

stryker wrote:
Parasitic scum they are.
What is this far north coast you are talking about - that is in NSW (Byron Bay) and should be Far North Coast, where you are (Cairns) is The Deep North.

Townsville being in a dry belt could benefit from the rains, also the farmers down here could benefit in the long term.

From what I seen of some pics it seems that one block of maybe units that lost their roof it had no threaded rod down to concrete floor slab or metal strap tying roof to walls. Could not see really close up.
Poor Lismore is copping it again. They were supposed to move the shopping centre up the hill but relied on wall to keep water out of old CBD- well that was not high enough.

It is quite reasonable to consider that climate change is making cyclones more stronger - that is what the experts tell us.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)