General Social Discussion
magpiecol

Re: World War 3?

Post by magpiecol » Fri 21 Apr, 2017 5:17 pm

MG1962 wrote:
Fri 21 Apr, 2017 11:14 am
magpiecol wrote:
Thu 20 Apr, 2017 10:30 pm
Are they the same polls that said he could not win and that Hillary is a shoe in?

So, what do I know.

:roll:
No this is based on the people from the right and center abandoning him. The 36% represents the rock bottom hard core support for Trump that has existed since the day he announced he was running. And a fair chunk of that 36% is upset over the deal Trump tried to do with Ryan over healthcare.

The real reason Hilary lost is rooted in the spoilers from the Greens and Libertarians taking just enough votes in places like Wisconsin and Michigan. They ultimately sucked up nearly 6% of the vote. And further explains why Hilary won the popular vote by nearly 3 million while being trounced in the Electoral College.

The funny thing is Trump should get a bump from the moderates over his actions in Syria while alienating even more of his core.

Interesting times................

Some polls ( if you believe them ) now have President Trump at 48%. With tax reform to come, this will rise big time as 78% want the tax reform to go through.

MG1962

Post by MG1962 » Fri 21 Apr, 2017 11:25 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Fri 21 Apr, 2017 5:17 pm
Some polls ( if you believe them ) now have President Trump at 48%. With tax reform to come, this will rise big time as 78% want the tax reform to go through.
Well there are a number of quality polls that are all showing mid to high 40% for his approval rating. So I think you can put a bit of faith in that number. The tax issue will depend on the final form his reforms take.

Some of his advisors want to go hard on company tax first, while others want to see some positives for the middle class first before looking after big business.

The other area he could improve his numbers on is the infra structure projects he has spoken about. Details have been a bit sparce, but given the situation in places like Flint in Michigan, some work has been painfully overdue

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 22 Apr, 2017 8:02 am

magpiecol wrote:
MG1962 wrote:
magpiecol wrote:
Are they the same polls that said he could not win and that Hillary is a shoe in?

So, what do I know.

No this is based on the people from the right and center abandoning him. The 36% represents the rock bottom hard core support for Trump that has existed since the day he announced he was running. And a fair chunk of that 36% is upset over the deal Trump tried to do with Ryan over healthcare.

The real reason Hilary lost is rooted in the spoilers from the Greens and Libertarians taking just enough votes in places like Wisconsin and Michigan. They ultimately sucked up nearly 6% of the vote. And further explains why Hilary won the popular vote by nearly 3 million while being trounced in the Electoral College.

The funny thing is Trump should get a bump from the moderates over his actions in Syria while alienating even more of his core.

It would be a first. So far his promises aren't working out great are they?

He said Mexico would pay for the wall, they didn't.

Repealed Obamacare and said he'd replace it with something wonderful. He hasn't

Muslim ban has been rejected twice

Said he wouldn't bomb Syria. He did

Called Obama the "vacation-in President". So far he's spent nearly every weekend in Florida playing golf.

So far, the only promise he's delivered on is getting Neil Gorsuch appointed to the Surpreme Court.

From where I sit, he hasn't achieved much.

And yes I am aware of the response I will get. Some combination of "Wise up" or "left wing loony", followed by a :crazy

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 22 Apr, 2017 8:07 am

He wants the nation to buy made in America but his hotels are full of gear from China and elsewhere
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

MG1962

Post by MG1962 » Sat 22 Apr, 2017 11:07 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 22 Apr, 2017 8:02 am
And yes I am aware of the response I will get. Some combination of "Wise up" or "left wing loony", followed by a :crazy
Oddly enough the failure of Obamacare and bombing Syria did him more good than harm. His core supporters were furious that the legislation tabled did not go far enough, and the bombing of Syria went against the isolationism many of his supports craved.

With the sidelining of many of the loonies he appointed as advisers Trump at least over the last month has moved into a far more presidential phase which is ultimately appealing to a much wider base than his campaign did

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 23 Apr, 2017 8:03 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 22 Apr, 2017 8:02 am
magpiecol wrote:
MG1962 wrote:
magpiecol wrote:

So, what do I know.

It would be a first. So far his promises aren't working out great are they?

He said Mexico would pay for the wall, they didn't.

Repealed Obamacare and said he'd replace it with something wonderful. He hasn't

Muslim ban has been rejected twice

Said he wouldn't bomb Syria. He did

Called Obama the "vacation-in President". So far he's spent nearly every weekend in Florida playing golf.

So far, the only promise he's delivered on is getting Neil Gorsuch appointed to the Surpreme Court.

From where I sit, he hasn't achieved much.

I'm not sure if you are aware, that the wall has not been built yet. Nobody's paid for it.

Obama Care will be repealed.

Muslim ban has not been rejected at all. The left leaning courts are saying that President Trump does not have the power to make the call. He does and the Supreme Court will rule that way. By the way, it is not a Muslim ban. It is a ban on anyone coming to America from certain countries. Get your facts straight.

He bombed a Syrian Airforce base from which gas was used to kill women and children. Do you have a problem with that? Surely not.

He was in Florida talking with world leaders, not just playing golf.

"has not acheived much" except lifting the ban on coal mining (puting people back to work) More employment when the pipeline is constructed. Cutting Government "red tape" to make employing people and starting up a business viable once again. Illegal crossings at the Mexican border down by 70 odd percent. Puting the skids under Syria, North Korea and Isis.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I am sure there is a lot more.

Not bad for less than 100 days.

8-)

MG1962

Post by MG1962 » Mon 24 Apr, 2017 11:24 am

magpiecol wrote:
Sun 23 Apr, 2017 8:03 pm
"has not acheived much" except lifting the ban on coal mining (puting people back to work)
Could you point out who lost their jobs because of the ban - which by the way was on new leases not existing ones.

The coal industry has been shedding jobs at a steady rate since the mid 1980s. It has nothing to do with regulations. It is the continued automation in the industry and this little thing called natural gas which is far cheaper, easier to move.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 25 Apr, 2017 8:19 am

I'm wondering why we are all still here..

What's the hold up young Milko..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..