Rugby League Live 4 due for 2017 release

General Social Discussion
pdenny77
Member
Member
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat 16 Feb, 2013 8:06 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Rugby League Live 4 due for 2017 release

Unread post by pdenny77 » Fri 19 May, 2017 2:20 pm

Question (if anyone still reading this thread): How old is too old to play video games? Used to be a master at RL2 amongst other games but marriage and kids put that on hold. About to turn 40 and am feeling the itch.
My wife will say I'm immature.....


User avatar
Love the WestsTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 3101
Joined: Wed 21 Jul, 2010 12:03 pm
Location: Ex Ctown Resident Now Qlander
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Fri 19 May, 2017 2:49 pm

pdenny77 wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 2:20 pm
Question (if anyone still reading this thread): How old is too old to play video games? Used to be a master at RL2 amongst other games but marriage and kids put that on hold. About to turn 40 and am feeling the itch.
My wife will say I'm immature.....
never too old

at 37 i still game when i get a chance
Wife and kids take my time too..

Keep on gaming !

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 16213
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 153 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 19 May, 2017 2:54 pm

pdenny77 wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 2:20 pm
Question (if anyone still reading this thread): How old is too old to play video games? Used to be a master at RL2 amongst other games but marriage and kids put that on hold. About to turn 40 and am feeling the itch.
My wife will say I'm immature.....
Never too old mate.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

pdenny77
Member
Member
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat 16 Feb, 2013 8:06 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by pdenny77 » Fri 19 May, 2017 3:01 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 2:49 pm
pdenny77 wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 2:20 pm
Question (if anyone still reading this thread): How old is too old to play video games? Used to be a master at RL2 amongst other games but marriage and kids put that on hold. About to turn 40 and am feeling the itch.
My wife will say I'm immature.....
never too old

at 37 i still game when i get a chance
Wife and kids take my time too..

Keep on gaming !
Good answer. Next question....With the latest consoles, do I go for Xbox or PS?

pdenny77
Member
Member
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat 16 Feb, 2013 8:06 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by pdenny77 » Fri 19 May, 2017 3:04 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 2:54 pm
pdenny77 wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 2:20 pm
Question (if anyone still reading this thread): How old is too old to play video games? Used to be a master at RL2 amongst other games but marriage and kids put that on hold. About to turn 40 and am feeling the itch.
My wife will say I'm immature.....
Never too old mate.
Just what I wanted to hear (read)! I'll ask you as well...PS or Xbox?


User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 16213
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 153 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 19 May, 2017 3:07 pm

pdenny77 wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 3:04 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 2:54 pm
pdenny77 wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 2:20 pm
Question (if anyone still reading this thread): How old is too old to play video games? Used to be a master at RL2 amongst other games but marriage and kids put that on hold. About to turn 40 and am feeling the itch.
My wife will say I'm immature.....
Never too old mate.
Just what I wanted to hear (read)! I'll ask you as well...PS or Xbox?
xBox, and PC.

Missus actually enables me haha, she bought be a Raspberry Pi last year for Christmas so now I grab all the ROM's for the old Sega, Nintendo and Sony consoles.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

pdenny77
Member
Member
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat 16 Feb, 2013 8:06 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by pdenny77 » Fri 19 May, 2017 3:09 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 3:07 pm
pdenny77 wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 3:04 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 2:54 pm
pdenny77 wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 2:20 pm
Question (if anyone still reading this thread): How old is too old to play video games? Used to be a master at RL2 amongst other games but marriage and kids put that on hold. About to turn 40 and am feeling the itch.
My wife will say I'm immature.....
Never too old mate.
Just what I wanted to hear (read)! I'll ask you as well...PS or Xbox?
xBox, and PC.

Missus actually enables me haha, she bought be a Raspberry Pi last year for Christmas so now I grab all the ROM's for the old Sega, Nintendo and Sony consoles.
:lol: You're a lucky man. Please have her contact my other half ASAP!! Cheers mate.

User avatar
Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5791
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Fri 19 May, 2017 5:53 pm

pdenny77 wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 2:20 pm
Question (if anyone still reading this thread): How old is too old to play video games? Used to be a master at RL2 amongst other games but marriage and kids put that on hold. About to turn 40 and am feeling the itch.
My wife will say I'm immature.....
Ask swag tiger

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2294
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 50 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Fri 19 May, 2017 6:50 pm

Am 65 next year playing on the pc is my relaxation so you are never 2 old.there are people older than me who play also

User avatar
Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5791
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Fri 19 May, 2017 7:14 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 6:50 pm
Am 65 next year playing on the pc is my relaxation so you are never 2 old.there are people older than me who play also
What pc games old timer?

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5091
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Milky » Fri 19 May, 2017 7:41 pm

pdenny77 wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 2:20 pm
Question (if anyone still reading this thread): How old is too old to play video games? Used to be a master at RL2 amongst other games but marriage and kids put that on hold. About to turn 40 and am feeling the itch.
My wife will say I'm immature.....
I stopped at 14 :lol:

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2294
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 50 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Fri 19 May, 2017 10:04 pm

Demps wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 7:14 pm
jadtiger wrote:
Fri 19 May, 2017 6:50 pm
Am 65 next year playing on the pc is my relaxation so you are never 2 old.there are people older than me who play also
What pc games old timer?
These days mainly World of Warships, World of Tanks,Xcom2,Elder scrolls online and many others.Mainly strategy games not a huge fan of shooters though i probably have about 6-7 of those

User avatar
Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5791
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Sat 29 Jul, 2017 1:05 pm

Anyone got it?
Its rubbish imo.

Worst one yet.

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5091
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Milky » Sat 29 Jul, 2017 1:45 pm

Demps wrote:
Sat 29 Jul, 2017 1:05 pm
Anyone got it?
Its rubbish imo.

Worst one yet.

Cant be worse than RLL2 lmaoo

The graphics don't even look too good for this game

User avatar
Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5791
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Sat 29 Jul, 2017 1:54 pm

Milky wrote:
Sat 29 Jul, 2017 1:45 pm
Demps wrote:
Sat 29 Jul, 2017 1:05 pm
Anyone got it?
Its rubbish imo.

Worst one yet.

Cant be worse than RLL2 lmaoo

The graphics don't even look too good for this game
It is.

Changed the whole control layout.
Camera angles. Yuck.

Game is a flop imo.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 16213
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 153 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 29 Jul, 2017 2:03 pm

Everything I've read has seen it pretty much universally panned. Might give it a miss.

EA might need to have another crack methinks.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

User avatar
DonnyBrasco
Member
Member
Posts: 511
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:23 pm

Unread post by DonnyBrasco » Sat 29 Jul, 2017 2:48 pm

Demps wrote:
Sat 29 Jul, 2017 1:54 pm
Milky wrote:
Sat 29 Jul, 2017 1:45 pm
Demps wrote:
Sat 29 Jul, 2017 1:05 pm
Anyone got it?
Its rubbish imo.

Worst one yet.

Cant be worse than RLL2 lmaoo

The graphics don't even look too good for this game
It is.

Changed the whole control layout.
Camera angles. Yuck.

Game is a flop imo.

Thanks for saving me the $80 odd.
Read some reviews on their official forums and it's getting panned,

Shame.
Tigers for 2022!

User avatar
Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5791
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Sat 29 Jul, 2017 2:58 pm

I do not recommend.

3 is way better.

It feels very stiff and robotic, gameplay wise.
Whole controller change will take a while to get use to and should've stayed the same.

Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”