RIP Chester Bennington

General Social Discussion
Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: RIP Chester Bennington

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 12:05 pm

even the strongest can attempt suicide if they are pushed or push themselves over the threshold. I only turn against them when it is drug induced and they harm their families to their graves.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Snake
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by Snake » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 1:35 pm

On Foxtel v music channel today 1 hr of clips will be taping for prosperity ,depression is the devils curse.

willow
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by willow » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 1:45 pm

Such a shame, I was a big fan of LP back in the day. I also liked his side project Dead By Sunrise which comprised the band members of Julien-K (formerly Orgy members). Another great showman gone far too soon. RIP.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 171 times
Been liked: 266 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 2:15 pm

sad
bathursttiger wrote:
Sat 22 Jul, 2017 7:47 pm
Sad to hear about the suicide of Chester Bennington lead singer of Linkin Park, one of my favourite bands over the last 10 years.
R.I.P. Chester..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

bathursttiger
Has liked: 295 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by bathursttiger » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 3:40 pm

stryker wrote:
Sat 22 Jul, 2017 9:05 pm
Hybrid theory was brilliant and Meteora was great. They dropped off after that. That said he was one of my favourite frontmen who had an amazing vocal range. Far too close to the death of another favourite in Cornell...6 kids now without their father. Another cowards choice that effects many.

I never wish that those who commit suicide rest in peace because quite frankly they do not deserve to. Ill just say its a waste and a damn shame, i liked him. Hope his family recovers.
To me it's a cowards way out, they don't think about the destruction to their families that this causes.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 4:12 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 3:40 pm
stryker wrote:
Hybrid theory was brilliant and Meteora was great. They dropped off after that. That said he was one of my favourite frontmen who had an amazing vocal range. Far too close to the death of another favourite in Cornell...6 kids now without their father. Another cowards choice that effects many.

I never wish that those who commit suicide rest in peace because quite frankly they do not deserve to. Ill just say its a waste and a damn shame, i liked him. Hope his family recovers.
To me it's a cowards way out, they don't think about the destruction to their families that this causes.
How the hell can you ever know that in any suicide case ever?

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 5:12 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 4:12 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
stryker wrote:

Well if they do then that makes it even worse.

bathursttiger
Has liked: 295 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by bathursttiger » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 6:17 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 4:12 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
stryker wrote:

I had a friend who's father hung himself and it destroyed the whole family 7 children with no father.
They were so traumatised that only one of them went on to marry and raise a family.
I know that we don't know what it is like to be in a situation where you contemplate taking your own life, it must be a very dark place.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 159 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 6:23 pm

No one actively thinks about hurting family and friends when taking their own lives. If anything, I think they think they are doing the people close to them a favour as they believe themselves to be a burden. I don't think you can properly judge a person when you have not been in their shoes.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 7:02 pm

The few attempts I know of were by females and there was always an abuse they had suffered years earlier by a guy. Then other elements later.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

GoldXR50Leroy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by GoldXR50Leroy » Thu 27 Jul, 2017 7:33 pm

Went through the archives today and dug up (Hybrid Theory), freakin' great stuff, need to hear more!.

Return to “General Discussion”