Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Same sex marriage debate...

Unread post by Nelson » Sat 30 Sep, 2017 5:57 pm

TheHill wrote:
Sat 30 Sep, 2017 5:31 pm
Marshall_magic wrote:
Sat 30 Sep, 2017 5:23 pm
Propaganda? Take a seat. It's a song. When Chisel did the grand final a few years back they played Khe Sanh, Flame Trees and Bow River. Why? They are three of their biggest songs. Same Love is one of Maccklemore's biggest songs (Macklemore himself is a big deal). I doubt the "young children" would even know what the song is about.
Yes let's take a seat.. the song itself is rubbish, and the timing coincidental? Greenberg should take a walk and leave footy to the footy supporters.

Let him sing another song if it's jus a song..
Stop being so shrill about it. It's a pathetic thing to complain about.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 225 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sat 30 Sep, 2017 6:04 pm

You've listened to the song, the hill?
That must have been unpleasant for you

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 395 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sat 30 Sep, 2017 6:05 pm

I dunno..doesn't appear to be a pump the crowd song to me..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 30 Sep, 2017 6:24 pm

TheHill wrote:
Sat 30 Sep, 2017 5:27 pm
Easy.

1) Growing up in the 80s you'd watch films with heterosexual content which is natural to most people statistically.

2) Todays kids are watching cartoons where stalks deliver babies to same sex couples or it's cool to have two dads which is not inherently normal to most people statistically. Confusing and no structure, no values, no morals. I can't think of anything more damaging.

You can't stop people from being gay. Though promoting it and encouraging it to children is not the answer.

Just ask minister Goebbels re the power of propaganda and social engineering and the end result?

Besides what is natural is natural and what is not is not. One day this law if approved will be reversed. You can ask the aboriginals for further feedback.
First off, teaching children about homosexuality is not "promoting" and "encouraging" it. That's like saying if you teach kids about the Holocaust, that will promote and encourage them to commit genocide. Besides, you can't "encourage" homosexuality, you are either gay or you are not. What about children who are struggling with their sexuality? Surely it's a good thing they can be taught those feelings are normal to have? What you are proposing ignores those kids. Which can lead to mental health issues. I don't know of any children who have had mental health issues based off learning that there are people who prefer partners of the same sex. It's actually a good thing that they get taught about it, because when they enter the real world, it's a topic that will be prominent in society. There is no ignoring it. It's preparing them.

gallagher
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by gallagher » Sat 30 Sep, 2017 6:50 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sat 30 Sep, 2017 6:05 pm

I dunno..doesn't appear to be a pump the crowd song to me..
It doesn't seem like a good fit. It sounds like Jessie from breaking bad narrating a bad movie.

Pawsandclaws
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 30 Sep, 2017 7:00 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 30 Sep, 2017 6:24 pm
TheHill wrote:
Easy.

1) Growing up in the 80s you'd watch films with heterosexual content which is natural to most people statistically.

2) Todays kids are watching cartoons where stalks deliver babies to same sex couples or it's cool to have two dads which is not inherently normal to most people statistically. Confusing and no structure, no values, no morals. I can't think of anything more damaging.

You can't stop people from being gay. Though promoting it and encouraging it to children is not the answer.

Just ask minister Goebbels re the power of propaganda and social engineering and the end result?

Besides what is natural is natural and what is not is not. One day this law if approved will be reversed. You can ask the aboriginals for further feedback.
First off, teaching children about homosexuality is not "promoting" and "encouraging" it. That's like saying if you teach kids about the Holocaust, that will promote and encourage them to commit genocide. Besides, you can't "encourage" homosexuality, you are either gay or you are not. What about children who are struggling with their sexuality? Surely it's a good thing they can be taught those feelings are normal to have? What you are proposing ignores those kids. Which can lead to mental health issues. I don't know of any children who have had mental health issues based off learning that there are people who prefer partners of the same sex. It's actually a good thing that they get taught about it, because when they enter the real world, it's a topic that will be prominent in society. There is no ignoring it. It's preparing them.
We are really dealing with the important issue during a week in which four people have died from domestic violence. How about league using the day a bit more positively by sending the strongest message against this form of violence?

Nelson
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Nelson » Sat 30 Sep, 2017 7:19 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 30 Sep, 2017 7:00 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
TheHill wrote:
Easy.

We are really dealing with the important issue during a week in which four people have died from domestic violence. How about league using the day a bit more positively by sending the strongest message against this form of violence?
Oh yeah that should be an easy fix...

Pawsandclaws

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 30 Sep, 2017 7:28 pm

Nelson wrote:
Sat 30 Sep, 2017 7:19 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 30 Sep, 2017 7:00 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
TheHill wrote:
Easy.

Oh yeah that should be an easy fix...
Here we go, on a significant day on the NRL calendar how about

https://www.whiteribbon.org.au/stop-vio ... nst-women/

Balmainbred
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Balmainbred » Sat 30 Sep, 2017 7:36 pm

When I was taught religion at school it was Adam & Eve not Adam & Steve I don’t agree with it

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 30 Sep, 2017 9:40 pm

Balmainbred wrote:
Sat 30 Sep, 2017 7:36 pm
When I was taught religion at school it was Adam & Eve not Adam & Steve I don’t agree with it
I was also taught not to eat meat on Fridays as well that stars were holes in the floor of Heaven. As the Bible attests homosexuality has been around since Biblical days so it has as much heritage as Christianity. I think it should be put to an official survey costing $122,000,000 if we should be allowed to eat meat on Fridays.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 30 Sep, 2017 9:59 pm

TheHill wrote:
Easy.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/allanclarke/th ... .bgwwY6EWg

If you ask this Aborigine about further feedback but I don't think he will agree with you. Just as they will not agree to reverse the referendum giving them citizenship - everything progresses hopefully.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 231 times
Been liked: 76 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sat 30 Sep, 2017 11:23 pm

Balmainbred wrote:
Sat 30 Sep, 2017 7:36 pm
Sad wasn't it. They should have been teaching us about practical things and reality instead of telling us wild stories.

TheHill

Unread post by TheHill » Sun 01 Oct, 2017 8:47 am

No one is knocking gays.

In life, work just like sport you need structure. Try fielding a footy team with 13 half backs.

I don't agree your born gay, but if you are flooded with gay content from a young age then you are more likely to eventually become one in my opinion.

Bet you no one here would be keen to allow polygamy for our friends in bankstown. That too has been around for thousands of years

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 01 Oct, 2017 8:56 am

TheHill wrote:
Sun 01 Oct, 2017 8:47 am
No one is knocking gays.

In life, work just like sport you need structure. Try fielding a footy team with 13 half backs.

I don't agree your born gay, but if you are flooded with gay content from a young age then you are more likely to eventually become one in my opinion.

Bet you no one here would be keen to allow polygamy for our friends in bankstown. That too has been around for thousands of years
Wow. Does that mean you are born straight? Did you choose to be attracted to women based on your surroundings?

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 01 Oct, 2017 11:24 am

TheHill wrote:
No one is knocking gays.

I assume you are referring to the Muslim fold in Bankstown area. I am guessing that that custom came out of all the wars that Mohammed raged. With all the men getting killed there were not sufficient husbands to go around so they shared the men. I think most/all customs had a purpose that in many cases has been lost or became redundant over the centuries and thousands of years.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 225 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 01 Oct, 2017 11:56 am

I didn't read, see, hear or watch much gay content at all growing up bar Dudley Butterfield in No. 96...(mum had to explain it to me)
Seems to be plenty of 40 & 50 some things gays around though that grew up in the same era I did.... I wonder when they decided to become gay

Pawsandclaws

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 01 Oct, 2017 12:33 pm

And when you have identical male twins and one is heterosexual and the other homosexual, I guess it suggests there factors other than genetics involved.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 231 times
Been liked: 76 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sun 01 Oct, 2017 12:37 pm

TheHill wrote:
No one is knocking gays.

Do you really think that people are not born gay?

Return to “General Discussion”