Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: Same sex marriage debate...

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 01 Oct, 2017 11:31 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sun 01 Oct, 2017 10:58 pm
Geo. wrote:
Tue 26 Sep, 2017 6:10 am
I never got one of those texts telling me how to vote nor did anyone from either side turn up on my doorstep....I'm outraged....
Same here, and I'm buggered if I Know why.
I would love to get one - I would adopt an opposing position just to lure them in and waste their time. But if its an Indian harrassers will they cop it - they have made a racist out of me.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Onthebus
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Onthebus » Mon 02 Oct, 2017 10:19 am

I got a text message telling me to vote yes so I did the opposite for bugging me

Fade To Black
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Mon 02 Oct, 2017 10:40 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 01 Oct, 2017 11:31 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sun 01 Oct, 2017 10:58 pm
Geo. wrote:
Tue 26 Sep, 2017 6:10 am
I never got one of those texts telling me how to vote nor did anyone from either side turn up on my doorstep....I'm outraged....
Same here, and I'm buggered if I Know why.
I would love to get one - I would adopt an opposing position just to lure them in and waste their time. But if its an Indian harrassers will they cop it - they have made a racist out of me.
Had a tele-marketer call me a few years ago trying to sell something, I said "Oh I'm so happy that you rang, I'm so lonely right now and really need someone to chat to, tell me about yourself".......they were totally speechless and ended up hanging up on me in disgust! Great way to get rid of them.

Yossarian
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Mon 02 Oct, 2017 1:44 pm

Onthebus wrote:
Mon 02 Oct, 2017 10:19 am
I got a text message telling me to vote yes so I did the opposite for bugging me
Sure take it out on prople who had nothing to the sms... When Bernardi does his text barrage will you change back or will you maybe assess the issue on its merits and act like an adult?

Go You Good Things
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Go You Good Things » Mon 02 Oct, 2017 2:19 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Sat 23 Sep, 2017 3:52 pm
Go You Good Things wrote:
Sat 23 Sep, 2017 3:25 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 22 Sep, 2017 10:52 pm
All those gays who were bashed and pushed over cliffs in the 1970s and 1980s around Sydney I am sure would have much preferred just a bleeding lip instead. It is Abbott's attitude that assists in discrimination that results in more extreme reactions like those murders. That is also why the ripple effect is also necessary after change of law so that all discrimination is eliminated at face to face level.
So your homo mate bashed him. Yet you then wring your hands about violence towards homo's. That seems homosexual fair.
Well you've well and truly exposed yourself as a homophobic bigot. Probably the most shameful post in this whole thread. You're a disgrace.
Recently, I've kept away from this thread because of the garbage it contained, the divisions it might cause and the tension it placed upon the friendliness of future footy related discussions.
But I couldn't help myself . . . .

Yossarian, you call me a disgrace( because I identified yet another example of hypocrisy ).
Let me give my version of what a disgrace is.
Many pages ago, I spoke of a young man that had been sexually assaulted by a homo male, and how he may feel dislike or even hatred towards them. You suggested that he would be a moron for disliking an identifiable class of person because of 1 incident.
So ( applying your logic ) if your daughter gets gang raped by an identifiable class of person, and in between sobs she tells you she doesn't like that class of person, you will call her a moron.
Right there is the disgrace.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 134 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 02 Oct, 2017 2:53 pm

Don't you know how moronic it is to generalise...putting everyone of a certain persuasion into one bracket?

Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by Masterton » Mon 02 Oct, 2017 3:00 pm

Mon 02 Oct, 2017 2:19 pm
Many pages ago, I spoke of a young man that had been sexually assaulted by a homo male, and how he may feel dislike or even hatred towards them. You suggested that he would be a moron for disliking an identifiable class of person because of 1 incident.
So ( applying your logic ) if your daughter gets gang raped by an identifiable class of person, and in between sobs she tells you she doesn't like that class of person, you will call her a moron.
I'm sure you've seen the statistics for male-on-female violence. Does that mean women should be hating you?

I would never dream of telling an assault victim what they should be feeling, but I think we all know that terrible people come in all different colours and credos.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 02 Oct, 2017 3:04 pm

Mon 02 Oct, 2017 2:19 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Sat 23 Sep, 2017 3:52 pm
Sat 23 Sep, 2017 3:25 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 22 Sep, 2017 10:52 pm
All those gays who were bashed and pushed over cliffs in the 1970s and 1980s around Sydney I am sure would have much preferred just a bleeding lip instead. It is Abbott's attitude that assists in discrimination that results in more extreme reactions like those murders. That is also why the ripple effect is also necessary after change of law so that all discrimination is eliminated at face to face level.
So your homo mate bashed him. Yet you then wring your hands about violence towards homo's. That seems homosexual fair.
Well you've well and truly exposed yourself as a homophobic bigot. Probably the most shameful post in this whole thread. You're a disgrace.
Recently, I've kept away from this thread because of the garbage it contained, the divisions it might cause and the tension it placed upon the friendliness of future footy related discussions.
But I couldn't help myself . . . .

Yossarian, you call me a disgrace( because I identified yet another example of hypocrisy ).
Let me give my version of what a disgrace is.
I know of German Jews who still married Germans after the Holocaust. There are even cases of Israeli and Palestinian same sex couples in spite of all the history between them. But when it comes to the personal it is different - at least for a number of years, maybr decades even.

I know a woman about 96 years old who witnessed her father and brothers having their heads lopped off in the Pacific War - she still hates them she tells me. But in Byron Bay I have lived with Japanese people and they are completely different from 100 years ago.

We all have different personal journeys but if we generalise or sterotype people we will get nowhere and there will never be peace. But no one can tell the victim when to let go - it is not their right! It has to come from within.

The closest modern answer is John Lennon's Imagine song but the answers are also in ancient philosophy.
I wouldn't look for it in Hip Hop songs - they are the John McEnroe/Nick Kyrios of intelligent reflection.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 45 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 02 Oct, 2017 6:53 pm

I walked up this morning, and was amazed.....the sun came up just like a usual day. There was no fire and brimstone raining from the heavens. no one found that they'd changed sex overnight , and , No angels flying around trying to save souls that were traumatised by a song.

Even Little Johnnie And his Co stirrerTony, were able to scoff down their Weeties in peace,
and weren't bothered by streams of football spectators bashing down the doors of the city's churches asking for forgiveness because they enjoyed a great show at the football.
Talk about a storm in a tea cup.
You should've saved the cost of a full page add Johnnie. No one took any noticed, like Abbott, you're irrelevant

colmcd
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 40 times

Unread post by colmcd » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 11:14 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 01 Oct, 2017 11:28 pm
Marshall_magic wrote:
Sun 01 Oct, 2017 11:22 pm
After watching Macklemore live I am shocked, no booing, no fighting, no rioting? What is this? Also, his gay propaganda did not turn me gay. Is this real life?

On a serious note, that was a top pregame show (and I am not even a Macklemore fan), the whole crowd got right into it. Hats off to him as well as the NRL for getting a top international act to perform.
Yeah, I didn't like the music, but from a spectacle POV, it was the best pre game entertainment they have produced in a long long time. Having people in front of the stage really makes it better amd makes it feel like a real concert. The only thing they are missing is a decent act. Hats off to the NRL for pulling their finger out and putting some effort into it.
Yea, he seemed pretty good. I mean he is rap and not to my taste but would take him as an act over almost everyone else in the Rap scene. He did well and clearly is a good performer.

Did anyone hear the Killers at the AFL grand final? It sounded like they did a full set afterwards?? ?
Maybe this is a good idea to return to daytime Grand finals? If Chisel, Rose Tattoo, etc play they can do a full concert afterwards. If Casey Donovan or Shannon Knoll play we can just leave!

colmcd

Unread post by colmcd » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 12:12 pm

gallagher wrote:
Sun 01 Oct, 2017 3:52 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Sun 01 Oct, 2017 3:50 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 01 Oct, 2017 1:23 pm
When does the count happan?
Roughly around 120 million wasted dollars too late.
Crazy isn't it.
Turnbull should be sacked for WASTING so much money. We just had a Census and there was a real push to have the question included in the census (I can't even remember from whom). Now we just blow $120 million, but more then that. We take away the AEC who do a good job with tight rules and give a "survey" to the ABS.

Turdbull, don't mess with Democracy.

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 12:38 pm

I listened to the Village People, Boy George, Wham and George Michael. It didn't effect my sexuality. I still like women.

Although i listed to death metal once and that had an odd effect on me?

Onthebus

Unread post by Onthebus » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 9:00 am

Yossarian wrote:
Mon 02 Oct, 2017 1:44 pm
Onthebus wrote:
Sure take it out on prople who had nothing to the sms... When Bernardi does his text barrage will you change back or will you maybe assess the issue on its merits and act like an adult?
I couldn't care less either way to be honest

Last time I checked it's a free country and me voting yes or no was my choice, not yours

Yossarian
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 10:02 am

Onthebus wrote:
Wed 04 Oct, 2017 9:00 am
Yossarian wrote:
Onthebus wrote:

Last time I checked it's a free country and me voting yes or no was my choice, not yours
Yes but you're posting on a forum... Do what you want but if you don't want discussion don't post.

Onthebus

Unread post by Onthebus » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 10:58 am

Yossarian wrote:
Wed 04 Oct, 2017 10:02 am
Onthebus wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
Onthebus wrote:

Yes but you're posting on a forum... Do what you want but if you don't want discussion don't post.
Ok , what a waste of $160 million, upgrade children's hospitals, education, transport and roads, that's what the money should have been spent on instead of a yes or no poll

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 92 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 11:57 am

Onthebus wrote:
Wed 04 Oct, 2017 10:58 am
Yossarian wrote:
Onthebus wrote:
Yossarian wrote:

Ok , what a waste of $160 million, upgrade children's hospitals, education, transport and roads, that's what the money should have been spent on instead of a yes or no poll
On this I agree. We didn't need a pleb/survey to change it in the first place, not sure why this was required to discuss the possibility of changing it back.

Can we have a plebiscite on penalty rates? Military involvement in North Korea if it goes down that road? Pollies pay increases? Seems like direct democracy is only good when the Libs are trying to figure out whether they are going to alienate the electorate or not with an issue that is dividing their own party.
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

colmcd

Unread post by colmcd » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 3:28 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 04 Oct, 2017 11:57 am
Onthebus wrote:
Wed 04 Oct, 2017 10:58 am
Yossarian wrote:
Onthebus wrote:

On this I agree. We didn't need a pleb/survey to change it in the first place, not sure why this was required to discuss the possibility of changing it back.

Can we have a plebiscite on penalty rates? Military involvement in North Korea if it goes down that road? Pollies pay increases? Seems like direct democracy is only good when the Libs are trying to figure out whether they are going to alienate the electorate or not with an issue that is dividing their own party.
Absolute waste.

Yes I would like to see a Plebiscite on all those things. Hey we have an election, just tag on another form and you have a good indicator on what the public thinks.

But this silly survey should never be. The Australian Electoral commission should run it or it should not be run.

on SSM:
Since the definition was changed by Parliament it can be changed back by parliament. If you believe that we should now vote on it. OK put forward a right in the Constitution as Religious protection/freedom is a right and we vote on it then. Once the people decide, politicians should not undecide... Particularly with something like this. I personally believe that a Bill of Rights is exactly what Australia needs.

These idiots cannot be trusted with our Privacy or our freedoms. Hence lets get a bill of Rights to minimise the damage.

Earl
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Earl » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 3:37 pm

There shouldn't have been a plebiscite. It's a human right to be married and discrimination against gay people isn't cool.

The government should show some balls and just pass it.

Return to “General Discussion”