Same sex marriage debate...

General Social Discussion
Munk
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: Same sex marriage debate...

Unread post by Munk » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 9:59 am

That mural is an example of the utter hypocracy of the gay activists.

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 10:19 am

Munk wrote:
Fri 17 Nov, 2017 9:59 am
oh well
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Munk
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by Munk » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 10:23 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Fri 17 Nov, 2017 10:19 am
Munk wrote:
Fri 17 Nov, 2017 9:59 am
oh well
Typical.

magpiecol
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 25 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 11:43 am

colmcd wrote:
Wed 15 Nov, 2017 5:39 pm
old man tiger wrote:
Wed 15 Nov, 2017 10:33 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 15 Nov, 2017 10:28 am
Warringah 75% in favour. What's it going to be Tony? Listen to the people you represent or do your personal beliefs come first?
On that note, the seats that voted no overwhelmingly are labour heartland but probably have many socially conservative people living there. Interesting times ahead. Might be a masterstroke from Turnbull, who has turned himself into a "Master bator" with his ineffective leadership.

If it gets to a vote in parliament, these labour members will have to vote yes, surely. I hope people don't care enough about the issue to vote out an incumbent on the basis of a single issue, but this is the risk when you ask the people to do the politician's job.
Tony must be held to his promise of voting with his electorate on the referendum result. He promised that he would vote "yes" if his electorate would vote yes.
I'm sure he will.

As will all the labour politicians whose electorates voted NO. I am sure they will vote no to the legislation.

:roll :roll :roll

Pawsandclaws
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 12:12 pm

We see now that Dutton and Morrison have opened the door for Abbott. Let the fun begin in the Coalition as Turnbull's chest expanding ceases and he slinks away.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 1:38 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Fri 17 Nov, 2017 11:43 am
colmcd wrote:
old man tiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 15 Nov, 2017 10:28 am
Warringah 75% in favour. What's it going to be Tony? Listen to the people you represent or do your personal beliefs come first?
On that note, the seats that voted no overwhelmingly are labour heartland but probably have many socially conservative people living there. Interesting times ahead. Might be a masterstroke from Turnbull, who has turned himself into a "Master bator" with his ineffective leadership.

If it gets to a vote in parliament, these labour members will have to vote yes, surely. I hope people don't care enough about the issue to vote out an incumbent on the basis of a single issue, but this is the risk when you ask the people to do the politician's job.
Tony must be held to his promise of voting with his electorate on the referendum result. He promised that he would vote "yes" if his electorate would vote yes.
I'm sure he will.

As will all the labour politicians whose electorates voted NO. I am sure they will vote no to the legislation.

Yes, and I'm sure it will prevent the bill from passing. Keep clutching.

magpiecol
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 25 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 1:58 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 17 Nov, 2017 1:38 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Fri 17 Nov, 2017 11:43 am
colmcd wrote:
old man tiger wrote:

I'm sure he will.

Yes, and I'm sure it will prevent the bill from passing. Keep clutching.
You don't know how I voted.

Harvey
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by Harvey » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 4:31 pm

The tigers should organise a mass gay wedding at one of their games next year. Massive chance to attract a large number of new fans

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 274 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 5:12 pm

Harvey wrote:
Fri 17 Nov, 2017 4:31 pm
The tigers should organise a mass gay wedding at one of their games next year. Massive chance to attract a large number of new fans
Cambo?

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 6:16 pm

Sarah Hanson-Young as in tears last night in Parliament lamenting how Dr Bob Brown could not be in presence when the SSM bills were being debated and passed. I am sure Stryker would similarly be moved if only he was still with us in spirit.

They are debating religious attitudes and freedoms to be protected re these bills. People often drop and change religions but other people are denied rights based on the fleeting, whimsy and flimsy attitudes of backward and ignorant people.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Earl
Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by Earl » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 7:35 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Tue 28 Nov, 2017 6:16 pm
but other people are denied rights based on the fleeting, whimsy and flimsy attitudes of backward and ignorant people.
Yep. Democracy is a funny thing. It's equal rights for people that are basically stupid. 40% of people voted to curtail the rights of other people because of who they have sex with. Crazy stuff.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 29 Nov, 2017 6:49 pm

What a day when established religions, interfering in affairs of state, copped two upper cuts on the same day - never before and maybe never again. Same sex marriage passing in the Senate today and House of Reps to follow and the Victorian Government passing voluntary euthanasia legislation.

Once upon time there was also consensus to tackle climate change but Abbott demolished that - but it is far more important that the other two issues competed today and it's time can't wait.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 391 times

Unread post by Geo. » Thu 30 Nov, 2017 7:16 am

Start a Climate change thread and knock yourselves out..if need be..

Leave this one for the sanctity of Marriage..thank you..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 157 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 30 Nov, 2017 7:40 am

Climate change content moved here ----------> http://weststigersforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 73#p881473
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 76 times

Unread post by formerguest » Thu 30 Nov, 2017 7:50 am

Yeah, two unrelated topics that should not be married into one thread.

On topic, thought it was great that the Dean Smith bill was passed through the senate with only technical adjustment. As it rightly should have been per the clear wishes of the community. Over to those in the lower house as our local representatives to keep debate to a minimum and get on with running our country.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 01 Dec, 2017 12:46 am

Pauline Hanson attempted some technical adjustment such as permitting secular marriage celebrants to also refuse to marry gays but when that failed she had the decency to abstain from voting. Rarely do I give her praise.

colmcd
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 58 times

Unread post by colmcd » Fri 01 Dec, 2017 12:08 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 30 Nov, 2017 7:40 am
Climate change content moved here ----------> http://weststigersforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 73#p881473
Thank you for SANE moderation.

Agreed with comments above, Pauline Hanson was far more reasonable then Brandis, Bernardi and a whole plethora of Spoilt Brats on the Liberal side. Yes, I support "Yes" and I think that the Dean Smith bill missed several areas. I do believe custom made wedding goods to be exempt if a person had a very serious personal objection... I do believe in religious freedom and I don't think school curriculum, etc will be effected (we have debated this above a LOT... if we start another 20 page discussion I am out). I would have liked the exclusions featured in the Smith bill to apply to religious followers, not just priests (hey many non priests have strong views... even strong views that I disagree with).

However if you want to change legislation post a "survey" you should argue politely and state the minimum of demands. Instead what we saw was a very rude grouping of every objection and tweak being pushed through. It wasn't serious and just media grandstanding. Clearly none of the B's respect their supporters or their concerns. They just grandstanded their objections, ignored the cross party committee and did not work constructively to modify the legislation. In fact I think they did not want their concerns heard to get a bill that would deliberately inflame and if so they should be shamed.

I am glad too see the "yes" bill passed. I hope that we can unite better as a country under it.

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 01 Dec, 2017 11:13 pm

I was expecting by now that the contra side would be claiming that the severe Victorian floods this week are God's punishment for the passing of the legislation.

Return to “General Discussion”