America - Gun Control

General Social Discussion
GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 156 times

America - Gun Control

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 3:19 pm

With the recent horriic scene in Las Vegas, again the great debate that is gun control has re-emergd. Imo, our country is a good example of how gun reform works. We haven't had a mass shooting since the Howard Government introduced the buyback program after Port Arthur in 1996. We're lucky in the sense that we can feel safe enough going to concerts and football games knowing this rubbish won't happen. I don't understand Americans who say they need a gun for protection, when taking away guns would be taking them away from those who they need to protect themselves from. They pride themselves on being leaders of the free world, yet their gun laws are third world. This year alone there has been 272 incidents of mass shootings of 4 people or more.

It seems like a vicious cycle. They want their guns to feel safe, but it opens the door to other nut jobs too. What sort of society can condone its citizins arming themselves with assault rifles. The guy in Vegas had an arsenal. But hey, if it makes American's feel safe

Earl
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Earl » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 3:38 pm

It's bad but have you ever tried talking reason to an American on gun laws. It's impossible. Nothing will change.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 3:48 pm

"It's the price of freedom"

- Sex pest and staunch freedom lover Bill O'Reilly.
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Yossarian
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 98 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 3:51 pm

Yep. In general I've found Americans to be very friendly and hospitable but some of the stuff they believe in just baffles me.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 138 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 4:15 pm

Heard last night every time theres a mass killing, gun sales & production skyrockets

They have their heads so far up their arses, they really dont have a clue...1 gun for every man woman & child in the U.S.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 4:19 pm

Need to buy shares in Colt.
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

tsjonathan
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by tsjonathan » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 4:21 pm

my cousin loves guns and whenever i tried to tell him about how dangerous they were we would always get in to arguments. Now he's spending 40 years behind bars in Delano CA

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 48 times

Unread post by formerguest » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 4:24 pm

tsjonathan wrote:
Wed 04 Oct, 2017 4:21 pm
my cousin loves guns and whenever i tried to tell him about how dangerous they were we would always get in to arguments. Now he's spending 40 years behind bars in Delano CA
Assuming gun related crime?

tiger05premier
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by tiger05premier » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 4:58 pm

Just one question I've always wanted to ask.

Where are all these gun loving yanks that buy their guns for protection when some halfwit starts shooting everyone in site.

I don't know anything about their laws on guns but just once i would love to see a story where this loving family man out with his family stopped a massacre by shooting the nutter.

MG1962
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by MG1962 » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 5:01 pm

As an Australian living in the US, the strangest thing I see with gun control is this ingrained fear that unless the population is armed, the government will run riot and oppress everyone.

They genuinely seem to fear their government. I explain in Australia, a government gets too big for its boots or pisses Australians off, we get a new government.

I will say though, Americans do have a real passion for hunting. And boy there is a lot to hunt here. On the other hand hunters dont seem to be generally the people behind this crazyness that erupts on a regular basis.

So go figure.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 156 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 5:09 pm

I was watching a clip of Piers Morgan interviewing Jesse Ventura from a couple of years ago. They were talking about gun control. Morgan was asking how the gun laws are justified given the crime rate. Ventura, who I actually like, gave the biggest load of crap answer, explaining that the 2nd Ammendment is there so civilians can arm themselves in the event that their Government becomes oppressive. Not even now with the neo nazi sympthasier in charge is that reason even justified. It never will be. Complete cop out by Jesse.

Then you have idiots like Alex Jones claiming it was a false flag, or it was an attack by Antifa, or crazy old uncle Bill claiming it's the price of freedom.

Harvey
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by Harvey » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 5:25 pm

Automatic weapons, tripod mounts and 1000's of rounds of ammunition. That is enough to arm a military force, not an individual.
They are obviously waking up to themselves as their citizens will soon be able to buy the armour piercing bullets they need to hunt. I am sure the warnings on the packet advising that they are for hunting only will prevent them being used for other means. When was the last time you saw a deer wearing a flak jacket

WestsBenTigers
Has liked: 218 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 6:30 pm

I was talking about it with my family and there was a story when a mother had 4 kids(two 12 yo and 2 6yo) and she went to Europe for 2 weeks leaving the kids on their own.

Then the police came to the house where the kids were to check up on them and the 12 yo kids say "Yep we're safe, Mum left the loaded gun on the top shelf".

It is beyond ridiculous and baffles me more than Tedesco's non-selection for the Aussies.

Simple solution: Take the guns away from all the American citizens and then there would be no more gun attacks!

bathursttiger
Has liked: 286 times
Been liked: 62 times

Unread post by bathursttiger » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 8:41 pm

1. The National Rifle Association in America is the most powerful lobby group in the country and can decide the out comes of an election, therefor the politicians are completely scared of upsetting them by bring in gun controls.
2. The Americans cling to this 2nd Ammendment to the Constitution "The right to bear arms", this goes back to the war of independent against the British were civilians were allowed to carry arms to help the army.

Kavi

Unread post by Kavi » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 9:13 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Wed 04 Oct, 2017 6:30 pm
I was talking about it with my family and there was a story when a mother had 4 kids(two 12 yo and 2 6yo) and she went to Europe for 2 weeks leaving the kids on their own.

Then the police came to the house where the kids were to check up on them and the 12 yo kids say "Yep we're safe, Mum left the loaded gun on the top shelf".

It is beyond ridiculous and baffles me more than Tedesco's non-selection for the Aussies.

Simple solution: Take the guns away from all the American citizens and then there would be no more gun attacks!
Simple solution...

WestsBenTigers
Has liked: 218 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 9:29 pm

Kavi wrote:
Wed 04 Oct, 2017 9:13 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:

Simple solution...
If they don't like it then either give them a hefty fine or send them to jail.

They may not like it but nobody likes losing a friend or family member to a gun attack

dazza65
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by dazza65 » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 9:38 pm

This is so good. Jim Jefferies. Be careful very NSFW and kiddies - lots of swearing but so accurate....

----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

Nelson
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Nelson » Wed 04 Oct, 2017 9:40 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Wed 04 Oct, 2017 9:29 pm
Kavi wrote:
Wed 04 Oct, 2017 9:13 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:

Simple solution...
If they don't like it then either give them a hefty fine or send them to jail.

They may not like it but nobody likes losing a friend or family member to a gun attack
Yes I'm sure taking a few hundred million guns off a few hundred million gun nuts under threat of imprisonment would go swimmngly and not end in any violence...

Return to “General Discussion”