magpiecol wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 11:04 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 9:57 am
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 9:12 am
Good. . . . A bit of dignity

Can't see too many opposing this
Many legislators did oppose but was eventually passed 47-37 but still has to pass the upper chamber yet. It was a big hypocrisy the Roman Catholic Church (RCC) opposing euthanasia legislation but effectively practising it in their palliative care hospitals and charging a fortune for it as well. Now the RCC will be cut off at the Khyber Pass and will make a lot less money out of people dying and squeezing every drop out of breath and buck out of them and the health care system.
I thought long and hard as to how to reply to your disgraceful and bigoted posting. I am still at a loss.

I only hope that one day you never have to go to one of the wonderful palliative care hospitals. But if you do, you and yours will have a very different view to what you spewed out above.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Won't need to go into to palliative care in Victoria if the upper house pass the bill.
if OS is an example there will be ques across the Albury to Dr Death's clinic
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Lidcombe Magpie

Post by Lidcombe Magpie » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 3:02 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:39 am
As BFF said it still has to pass the upper house. No idea what the numbers are like there.
I heard on Triple J yesterday that it easier in the Vic senate than the lower house. But who really knows.

They vote on this in the lower house in NSW next month. I really hope it passes in all States of Australia it is the only way people can die with dignity.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 3:34 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:05 am
innsaneink wrote:

Unfortunately some will(Abbott is a certainty).
It should be made compulsory for him

Milky

Post by Milky » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 3:56 pm

Strongly oppose Euthanasia.

Hindering the natural death process. Hope it doesn't pass.

I feel for those who have it tough towards the end of their life. However, every way you look at this, it's suicide.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 4:05 pm

Milky wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 3:56 pm

I feel for those who have it tough towards the end of their life. However, every way you look at this, it's suicide.
If we agree that it is suicide then that is okay in my book. I know many people whose relo went through horrible deaths and they are all for it, their sick relos was pleading for it as well. The ultimate stage of liberty.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

yeti

Post by yeti » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 4:21 pm

Milky wrote:

"The natural death process..."? Milky in today's world there is no 'natural death process'. From childhood inoculations, to the plethora of prescription drugs to treat everything from high blood pressure to obesity, to the ingestion of every mineral and herb known to man, we are constantly attempting to eliminate or at least stave off the natural death process. In many cases because of western medicine we outlive our body's natural capacity for life itself.
To watch people die long and painful yet inevitable deaths is one of the most tragic sights to witness.
Bring it on I say.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 4:58 pm

Milky wrote:

What's the point of chemo then? That's hindering the natural death process.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 5:04 pm

Lidcombe Magpie wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 3:02 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:39 am
As BFF said it still has to pass the upper house. No idea what the numbers are like there.
I heard on Triple J yesterday that it easier in the Vic senate than the lower house. But who really knows.

They vote on this in the lower house in NSW next month. I really hope it passes in all States of Australia it is the only way people can die with dignity.
Heard the opposite and that the numbers were much tighter in the upper house, but that was on Murdoch's pie in the Sky News which only pictures on the far right of the screen.

Milky

Post by Milky » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 5:18 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 4:58 pm
Milky wrote:

What's the point of chemo then? That's hindering the natural death process.
Thats different though.

Chemo attempts to keep someone living, it doesn't keep them 100% living. Euthanasia instantly kills a person.

Lidcombe Magpie

Post by Lidcombe Magpie » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 5:19 pm

Milky wrote:

You have obviously never watched a close relative die a slow and agonising death from cancer. Watch a love one cry from pain and prey for a quick end and then tell me what you think.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 5:36 pm

Milky wrote:

If you have ever watched a loved one die a long and painful death you perhaps would not feel that way.It is not promoting suicide but allows a person to die with dignity.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 5:42 pm

innsaneink wrote:

A step in the right direction for sure.

Milky

Post by Milky » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 5:45 pm

Lidcombe Magpie wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 5:19 pm
Milky wrote:

You have obviously never watched a close relative die a slow and agonising death from cancer. Watch a love one cry from pain and prey for a quick end and then tell me what you think.
I have watched a close relative die slowly, not from cancer though.

My argument still stands.

Would a person not rather die fighting?

Have we neglected the duty that rises upon the person committing the act. This will increase suicide. People may make the wrong decisions, what if they would have beaten cancer?

It is going to become the resolution to many problems. But is it the right resolution?

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 5:58 pm

I think Milky raises some interesting discussion in this debate, but I also feel legalising is a good thing if the legislation is drafter correctly.

While our doctors do a great job, they are from time to time too aligned to the oath they have taken. I have known many families who have had to endure watching thier loved ones go through such pain.

Has anyone seen the legislation, and how much scope it allows?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Milky

Post by Milky » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 6:02 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 5:58 pm
I think Milky raises some interesting discussion in this debate, but I also feel legalising is a good thing if the legislation is drafter correctly.

While our doctors do a great job, they are from time to time too aligned to the oath they have taken. I have known many families who have had to endure watching thier loved ones go through such pain.

Has anyone seen the legislation, and how much scope it allows?
Here is the NSW Bill

https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/bills ... _House.pdf

Milky

Post by Milky » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 6:06 pm

Just a quick point...

As a consequence of the terminal illness, the person has been experiencing severe pain,
suffering or physical incapacity to an extent unacceptable to the person.

Part of the NSW Bill, ambiguous to an extent. How would an objective person define severe pain?

Wagga Tiger

Post by Wagga Tiger » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 6:18 pm

Milky wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 5:45 pm
Lidcombe Magpie wrote:
Milky wrote:

Have we neglected the duty that rises upon the person committing the act. This will increase suicide. People may make the wrong decisions, what if they would have beaten cancer?

It is going to become the resolution to many problems. But is it the right resolution?
To me this is a really ignorant statement Milky, I watched my Mother and my Mother in Law fight cancer with everything they had and it still got to the point they could fight no more but lay in a bed and turn into some sad parody of what they used to be. Days and days of pain and not even able to say goodbye to their families just laying there "living" . I know what choice they would have made if they were able and having gone through it twice I would back any one to make that decision to leave this world with dignity.

Milky

Post by Milky » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 6:32 pm

Wagga Tiger wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 6:18 pm
Milky wrote:
Sat 21 Oct, 2017 5:45 pm
Lidcombe Magpie wrote:
Milky wrote:

To me this is a really ignorant statement Milky, I watched my Mother and my Mother in Law fight cancer with everything they had and it still got to the point they could fight no more but lay in a bed and turn into some sad parody of what they used to be. Days and days of pain and not even able to say goodbye to their families just laying there "living" . I know what choice they would have made if they were able and having gone through it twice I would back any one to make that decision to leave this world with dignity.
Thats your opinion and I respect that.

However, other factors need to be considered when passing legislation.

I'm sorry to hear about your mother and mother in law.